Edition 8 questions
Mar 24, 2010 at 6:28 AM Post #31 of 41
ED 8 have sufficient bass no doubt. I can´t see how that would be a problem except for extreme bass heads.

Refined yes they do sound very refined. Absolutely no need to KeeS mod them to kill resonances, bass or metallic treble or such. Can feel a bit over damped at times I miss overtones some times. Sure sounds expensive.

Mar 24, 2010 at 8:11 AM Post #32 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are some psot that says teh ED 8 has plenty of Bass, and there are others that says ED 9has more bass. So hard to get concensus on bass!

The ed8 has much bass compared to most open cans, just less than the ed9 which for many people has too much bass. Compared to the ed9 they have less punch and less lower bass quantity.

Mar 24, 2010 at 9:22 AM Post #33 of 41
Quote:

Did you do it in balance or SE? Thanks for the feedback though.
smile.gif

SE, I don't have a balanced amp.
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I miss overtones some times. Sure sounds expensive.

After recabling I can't say that. I think the stock cable is evil.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #34 of 41
I don´t feel so. If I touch and look at my DX 1000 cable while listening to the ED 8 I get a cable upgrade for free
biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #35 of 41
LOL! The DX1000 is certainly a good example of that a stock cable on a high-end headphone should be.

Mar 24, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #37 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by abyrvalg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SE, I don't have a balanced amp.

After recabling I can't say that. I think the stock cable is evil.
smily_headphones1.gif

Is the TWag recable the same as the TWag recable for the JH13? Is it also the 26 gauge cable? I have the TWag jh13 and I always wonder whether it has good synergy with the ED8 or not?

What do you mean the stock cable is evil? How good or bad is the stock cable? and I guess judging from the picture, it is not a detachable cable like the HD600 or hd 800?

Mar 24, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #38 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Absolutely no need to KeeS mod them to kill resonances, bass or metallic treble or such.

What is KeeS mod?

Mar 24, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #39 of 41
Quote:

Is the TWag recable the same as the TWag recable for the JH13? Is it also the 26 gauge cable? I have the TWag jh13 and I always wonder whether it has good synergy with the ED8 or not?

What do you mean the stock cable is evil? How good or bad is the stock cable? and I guess judging from the picture, it is not a detachable cable like the HD600 or hd 800?

Its not detachable.

Mar 24, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #40 of 41
Quote:

Yes, it is the same one that people use for jh13. I can not say for others but I do like what I hear, although people say that cable needs 300 hours of burn in before it really opens up. I will do that later.

Quote:

Well, the stock cable is not too bad, actually, and it is deginitely not some "generic" one and probably much better than a usual stock headphone cable. But it can certainly be improved with some good aftermarket one, to reveal "true potential" of ed8. But IMO good source and amp are much more important than cable, which can be upgraded as a last "inch".

Mar 24, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #41 of 41

Users who are viewing this thread

Back