EDIT: Hisound Audio to Release New DAP Product-Line (NOVA with micro SD card support)
Apr 5, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #991 of 1,083
Was this on N1 or N3 by the way?

Apr 8, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #993 of 1,083
the noise disappears on N3 too...thx Pyrrho 
wink_face.gif

Apr 9, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #994 of 1,083
Quote:
the noise disappears on N3 too...thx Pyrrho 
wink_face.gif

I notice the unit is noisier on the latest update. Gonna revert back to the older firmware with the screen glitch... :frowning2: I also notice loading times is longer with 64 GB cards as well as the SD card reader emitting louder noise. Aya.

Apr 11, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #996 of 1,083
No as of today....

Apr 11, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #997 of 1,083
my N3 firmware is dated March 18, 2013
SQ wise i am impressed.
but apart from SQ my ear gets strained little bit.
my normal listening volume is 10 - 15
i won't get any such problem with Ipod touch.
anyone is having such problem.
is it normal ? if not what will be the cause ?

Apr 11, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #998 of 1,083
I agree the N3 sounds very very good, just far too quiet. It is only just about loud enough to drive DT1350 or ES7 when using Woodoo EQ and that is on 28+ / 31

I should not have to use any eq to make it loud enough, nb compared to many here I am no headbanger.

On user EQ is sound fabulous just needs another firmware to boost the volume, well mastered CDs like MFSL and DCC that keep the 
dynamic range of the recording are not worth playing at all. I would say it is quieter than my Iphone 5 and that is weedy, and my sons Clip+s are much much louder

Potentially the N3 is a real giant killer, I have long revue, but won't post it until it is loud enough to use
in everyday circumstances.

Apr 12, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #999 of 1,083
Anyone have a problem with n1 randomly turning off after a loud pop? My version is V1.01. Besides that N1 sounds great except the volume is still too loud so I constantly change between user, hifi, and hisoundV1.0 for better control of volume... 

Apr 12, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #1,000 of 1,083
@KT66
+1
I think I can live with the lacking flac tag support, the battery drain when off, the chopped off first second as the sound is so clear and delightning.
But the volume is an serious issue.
The N3 isn't able to trigger the the auto power on of my headstage arrow 12g 4 when listening to Beethoven's 9th symphony third set "Adagio molto e cantabile".
The headstage even shuts down after approximately three minutes.
Haven't heard of an firmware upgrade for quite a long time.

Apr 12, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #1,001 of 1,083
Does anyone know how FLAC files are ordered in the Folder view? It currently lists tracks in mostly backwards order (18, 17, 16, 12, 11,...). I've tried changing file access times, but the order still seems random. Otherwise, the sound quality is excellent.

Apr 12, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #1,002 of 1,083
Most of the Audiophile grade player has some kinds of issues related with them apart from Excellent SQ for their price tag.
Nova N3 is not an exemption in that. Most of the issues in Nova N3 can be solved by proper software update.

Waiting for the next software update expecting to address the issues like

Low Volume
Folder Alphabet Wise Sorting
Missing First Beat in FLAC Files
Proper working of EQ Screen

Apr 12, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #1,003 of 1,083
Quote:
Does anyone know how FLAC files are ordered in the Folder view? It currently lists tracks in mostly backwards order (18, 17, 16, 12, 11,...). I've tried changing file access times, but the order still seems random. Otherwise, the sound quality is excellent.

Yes, it's very strange.... I think it orders the files by the time they were copied on the player.... I noticed something strange: when you mark several files from an album, always start the marking with the the last file and move the mouse towards the first song. This ensures that the first song is copied first. I hope you understand what I mean... English is not my native language... When you mark the songs from the first to the last, the last or some random song is oftenly copied first. I'm using Win 7. If you copy entire folders, the order of the songs should be correct, too.

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #1,004 of 1,083
Quote:
Most of the Audiophile grade player has some kinds of issues related with them apart from Excellent SQ for their price tag.
Nova N3 is not an exemption in that. Most of the issues in Nova N3 can be solved by proper software update.

Waiting for the next software update expecting to address the issues like

Low Volume
Folder Alphabet Wise Sorting
Proper working of EQ Screen

add 
"RECORE FILE" correction
missing the first beat of FLAC files
Drop the silly EQs like Pop, Jazz etc

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #1,005 of 1,083
Quote:

Yes, it's very strange.... I think it orders the files by the time they were copied on the player.... I noticed something strange: when you mark several files from an album, always start the marking with the the last file and move the mouse towards the first song. This ensures that the first song is copied first. I hope you understand what I mean... English is not my native language...When you mark the songs "upside down" from the first to the last, the last song or some random is oftenly copied first. I'm using Win 7.If you copy entire folders, the order of the songs should be correct, too.

Try putting 01, 02 etc in front of the title. Many rippers can be told to tag that way. The FLAC bug is better but may be at the limit of what can be done without a do over at the source code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back