EDIT: Hisound Audio to Release New DAP Product-Line (NOVA with micro SD card support)
Apr 12, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #1,006 of 1,083
Quote:
Try putting 01, 02 etc in front of the title. Many rippers can be told to tag that way. The FLAC bug is better but may be at the limit of what can be done without a do over at the source code.

I'm always doing this, but the player doesn't sort the files by name. If you copy the song "02 - xxx" before "01 - xxx" to the player, then "02 -xxx" will be listed above "01 - xxx" at the folder.
If you copy entire folders, the songs will always be copied in the right order, but not if you mark several songs with moving the mouse from the first song to the last (you have to mark them with moving from the last song to the first). Strange stuff...
It all depends on the time when each individual file is copied on the device. Even if you sort your files on the microsd/internal memory after they were copied it doesn't change anything. You have to copy them again.

Btw I tried one more microsd to compare the background noise level.

Hama 8GB Level 6: loudest noise and quite annoying
Kingston 32GB Level 4: much more quiet than Hama, you can only notice it at very calm parts of the songs
Transcend 16GB Level 10: slightly more quiet than Kingston and faster loading times

Maybe I should try 32GB Class 10...

Apr 12, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #1,008 of 1,083
JRiver media center + N3 + folder mode = great

Now there just needs to be a better shortcut to get to the currently playing screen. Like a physical long press on a button or something.

Apr 13, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #1,009 of 1,083
I am confused please explain, you use Jriver to play on your N3?

Apr 13, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #1,010 of 1,083
Quote:
JRiver media center + N3 + folder mode = great

Now there just needs to be a better shortcut to get to the currently playing screen. Like a physical long press on a button or something.

I don't get what you mean by this? Playing music via the computer using the N1 as a amp/DAC to playback those songs? I know I someone did this before on my PC with my Studio V and haven't been able to replicate it but I was actually playing music from the Studio V yet I wasn't connected to the unit I was connected to my DACport LX....

Apr 13, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #1,011 of 1,083
Quote:

Yes, it's very strange.... I think it orders the files by the time they were copied on the player.... I noticed something strange: when you mark several files from an album, always start the marking with the the last file and move the mouse towards the first song. This ensures that the first song is copied first. I hope you understand what I mean... English is not my native language... When you mark the songs from the first to the last, the last song or some random is oftenly copied first. I'm using Win 7. If you copy entire folders, the order of the songs should be correct, too.

Thanks for the tip. Finally I can listen to FLAC albums in track order :D

Apr 13, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #1,012 of 1,083
Quote:
I am confused please explain, you use Jriver to play on your N3?

Quote:
I don't get what you mean by this? Playing music via the computer using the N1 as a amp/DAC to playback those songs? I know I someone did this before on my PC with my Studio V and haven't been able to replicate it but I was actually playing music from the Studio V yet I wasn't connected to the unit I was connected to my DACport LX....

lmao no. I'm just using it to sync my player. It's perfect because it actually recognizes the device and syncs the files neatly into Artist and Album folders. And since I used to be a Mac guy, most of my music is Apple Lossless, but JRiver automatically and instantly converts tracks I drag onto my N3 to whatever I specify, in this case WAV. 

Might be old news to you windows guys, but this is a pleasant discovery for me. It made me reconsider selling my N3. 

Apr 13, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #1,013 of 1,083
Oh ok lol. Well I use media monkey to do that. Since I had everything set up in playlists I just used that function (but my playlists also create folders named after each playlist). So it's all very organized and automated best of all. I'm all WAV now as well since I notice it sounds better on my Studio V :).

Apr 13, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #1,014 of 1,083
Anoxy, you're pairing the Aud 7X and 1964 V6 with the N3?

Apr 15, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #1,016 of 1,083
another bump for new Nova N3 firmware 
frown.gif

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #1,017 of 1,083
No new firmware last I checked...

Apr 25, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #1,019 of 1,083
I've kinda given up on it. I use it once in a while but personally they've gone backwards in some respects compared to their prior offerings (Rocoo BA and Studio V 3rd ANV). I really hope this won't be a trend as they will go down hill if otherwise.

Apr 25, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #1,020 of 1,083
It's rumored on the Chinese HiSound forum that the N3 will receive a major upgrade in may, but they don't know if it's about hardware or software...

I may consider to buy a N3 if the microsd noise disappears and FLAC files can be played without cutting off the first second.
I have a N1 at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back