EDIT: Hisound Audio to Release New DAP Product-Line (NOVA with micro SD card support)
Mar 25, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #948 of 1,083
Mar 25, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #949 of 1,083
What about the latest firmware for the N1? :).

as of today latest firmware for N1 was released on 20130322, correct?

Mar 25, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #952 of 1,083
Would you mind getting the download for me since you have an account with them? This business of having to register and go through all this for the update is very disheartening... :frowning2:

Hisound really needs to work on providing these updates to native English speakers in a much easier manner....

Mar 25, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #953 of 1,083
Quote:
Would you mind getting the download for me since you have an account with them? This business of having to register and go through all this for the update is very disheartening... :frowning2:

Hisound really needs to work on providing these updates to native English speakers in a much easier manner....

Already done for you Lee.

Firmware released for Nova N1 on 2013-03-22.

Please note that exact firmware image to be flashed depends on the first two digits of the Nova N1 serial number on the back of the casing. Please check the serial number before downloading the respective zip file!

For N1 serial numbers beginning with 12XX:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37333043/H281-XZ1236-20130319-N1-for-SN-HPC12XX-serials.zip

For N1 serial numbers beginning with 13XX:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37333043/H281-XZ1236-20130319-N1-for-SN-HPC13XX-serials.zip

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #955 of 1,083
Already have the latest firmware on my N3. So far, I didn't notice any significant improvement over the last firmware (not in a bad way).

Here are the bugfixs:
1) Further increase output power.
2) Various bugfix.
3) BA based earphone optimization.

Don't really know what (3) means, but the volume increment isn't nearly as significant as last times. Maybe 10% or less? Though at this point, I do feel the overall volume output is enough to cover most typical headphone.

Mar 26, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #957 of 1,083
W
Already have the latest firmware on my N3. So far, I didn't notice any significant improvement over the last firmware (not in a bad way).

Here are the bugfixs:
1) Further increase output power.
2) Various bugfix.
3) BA based earphone optimization.

Don't really know what (3) means, but the volume increment isn't nearly as significant as last times. Maybe 10% or less? Though at this point, I do feel the overall volume output is enough to cover most typical headphone.

What headphones have you tried with the N3. ?
USER EQ should be loud enough to drive my DT1350, but it isn't yet. I can't see any change with this update.
It does sound very good using HIFI or HSA but I shouldn't have to use EQ preset just to drive portable phones.
Anyone worked out what the HIFI EQ setting is? It sounds quite flat to me

Mar 26, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #958 of 1,083
I'm not really sure of the benefits brought on by the latest update.... Well besides my screen no longer glitching. But it all shows up in red now. I kinda like the blue lettering :p.

Mar 26, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #959 of 1,083
Quote:
W

What headphones have you tried with the N3. ?
USER EQ should be loud enough to drive my DT1350, but it isn't yet. I can't see any change with this update.
It does sound very good using HIFI or HSA but I shouldn't have to use EQ preset just to drive portable phones.
Anyone worked out what the HIFI EQ setting is? It sounds quite flat to me

Mainly RE0, which is either the easiest nor the hardest to drive. I stick to HiFi most of the time, which is fairly flat in frequency response as per my RMAA measurement. There is a some bass roll-off, but it has nothing to do with EQ.

Mar 26, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #960 of 1,083
As ClieOs says, HiFi seems to be their flat plus gain setting and HSA their 'flat compensated' sig. Both are VG with HSA2.0 a bit more lively but not radically different in tonal character. If you're an adjustable EQ user with inefficient phones this one probably is not for you. I can use the EQ setting with my IEMs and get plenty of gain but it will be an issue for some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back