EDIT: Chicago Mini Meet!!!!!! (Updated location for the 21st! of Feb.)
Feb 13, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #17 of 42
I think we may have stuck a possible gold mine here for downtown meets.

I called to ask about this meeting room:
Blum Room Reservations

Now it only has one table (conference sized), but non-columbia students are allowed, and here's my favorite part: no cost. Not even a security deposit.

This would probably work for a small meet but I'm going to research the other rooms available and see if something else will allow multiple tables and flexible layout.

Update:
this room might be too small (but sure looks nice).
It also only has 2 outlets. ha.

Don't worry, plenty of options to go through yet. I'll let you know when I find one suitable.

Feb 16, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #18 of 42
Hey Guys!

I ended up securing a location for the 21st on the Northwestern Campus. It is easily accessible by the Purple Line for anyone who wants to take public transport and the parking lot is literally 15ft away.

Please let me know if you would like to come!

Feb 16, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #19 of 42
I'm in, but I still dont have much gear to speak of. I am judging a solo and ensemble contest in the city that day. probably go till 3. what time are we thinking?

I would like to play my lambdas through your stax system if you still have it Stacy. you have the srd-7. I have the sb version. be an interesting comparison if it can happen.

Feb 16, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #20 of 42
Keith,

We can always push the time back a bit.

We can start whenever people want to be there.

I will be using the CA600 as a preamp (using the pre-amp outputs) if you want to use the speaker terminals that would be absolutely fine with me.

Unfortunately, I got rid of the Stax setup recently to fund a new headphone amp build. One that will be an end-game, at least for a while.

Feb 17, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #23 of 42
If you guys don't get enough headphone goodness on the 21st you can always head SOUTH on March 14.
wink_face.gif

Feb 17, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #24 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by morphsci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you guys don't get enough headphone goodness on the 21st you can always head SOUTH on March 14.
wink_face.gif

I would love to make this other meet, but its just not in the cards travelwise for me. drag. but YOU should come north!!!!

Feb 18, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #26 of 42
I'm sorry I just saw this thread! I am not sure I can pull it off but I will try.

Feb 18, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #27 of 42
I would love to come to any downtown meet, but I am traveling this Friday for 10 days. Is the 21st date set in stone?

If not, I was planning on bringing my Little Dot MK6 balanced amp and my TADAC from Tube Audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back