Edifier Stax Spirit S3
Oct 9, 2023 at 12:43 AM Post #61 of 73
For any Aussies out there, these are on sale for $299 AUD at a number of outlets (~ $190 USD). I've just ordered a pair so will report back, but for wireless planars this is a rather unbelievable price!

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #62 of 73
Any comparison to maxwell or momentum 4? I have both and they are excellent, but maxwell is huge and heavy. Great for gaming but not portable at all. I know these creak, but don't care too much (I think). If they sounded like maxwell and were portable that would be ideal for me.

Nov 12, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #64 of 73
Any comparison to maxwell or momentum 4? I have both and they are excellent, but maxwell is huge and heavy. Great for gaming but not portable at all. I know these creak, but don't care too much (I think). If they sounded like maxwell and were portable that would be ideal for me.

I didn’t get to use them side by side, since I returned the S3s because of the poor build quality before I actually received my Maxwells, but based on my potentially unreliable memory, the sound quality is similar. I think the S3 is tuned a little differently, more emphasis in the upper mids than the Maxwells on the Audeze preset if I’m remember correctly.

Nov 16, 2023 at 11:56 PM Post #67 of 73
Been over a year, and my Stax S3 have yet to hear and creaking noises.

Nov 25, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #69 of 73
Any comparison with Momentum 4?

Feb 17, 2024 at 4:57 PM Post #70 of 73
All intriguing, some say excellent, others say disastrous set. Just in case anyone wants to dump, er sell their S3's, pm me...thx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back