Eddie Current's upcoming SS amp called Red Top ?!
Jun 9, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #151 of 173
Probably just matter of simply having good DACs around. Doesn't hurt if you have multiple setups. Good DACs ruin you.

Jun 9, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #153 of 173
Are there any images of the back?  I'm curious about input options...

Also, is there a gain switch?

Jun 10, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #154 of 173

how hot does the power supply get? also picture or it didn't happen

Apologies, I don't have the Black Widow on my desk in any shots.  But the amp section fits on my desk in front of the prototype tube amp you see here.

WHAT!! The yggy is perfect if you like any other DAC better the amp must be deficient.

OK flame off. What did you like better about the pwd + black widow? I thought the leviathan+ yggy was the bees knee out of the code-x

I preferred the PWD with Black Widow as the treble sounded more natural to me.  With the tube prototype you see, the Yggy was definitely superior.

Jun 10, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #155 of 173
I'll be doing the same comparison (yggy vs pwd) when CEE tee gets his black widow. I'll head to his place with the yggy plugged into an uninterruptible power supply.

Jun 11, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #156 of 173

But the amp section fits on my desk in front of the prototype tube amp you see here.

that woudn't be a studio by any chance?
popcorn.gif

Jun 11, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #157 of 173
That was an old POS prototype that should have never been sold which was completely redone because CEE TEE gave Craig some money instead of asking him to do something for free. I has some similarities to the ZD. Very high output Z. Good match for HD800s.

Jun 11, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #159 of 173
That was an old POS prototype that should have never been sold which was completely redone because CEE TEE gave Craig some money instead of asking him to do something for free. I has some similarities to the ZD. Very high output Z. Good match for HD800s.

I see. I thought it looked small, the Levi was big so I would be amazed if the studio was so tiny.

I hope to hear the zana one day. From previous description i feel it would sound like a smoo're taste ewwy gooey with a sharp taste. Don't know if that analogy makes sense.

Jun 11, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #160 of 173
^New Zana Super is not Gooey and doesn't have any sharpness. Linear with good slam and no peaks. Very slight smoothness next to new EC Studio. Sounds like different amp compared to my old Zana Deux (non-SE, sold to friend who really wanted it). More of a "straight-up" amp now compared to euphonic/luxurious sound, IMO.

Jun 11, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #161 of 173
I meant the sharpness as a good thing like smoo'res. You get the gooey taste of the marshmallow then the sharp taste of black chocolate. So in my mind warm and euphonic but with detail and slam.

Jun 11, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #162 of 173
  ^New Zana Super is not Gooey and doesn't have any sharpness. Linear with good slam and no peaks. Very slight smoothness next to new EC Studio. Sounds like different amp compared to my old Zana Deux (non-SE, sold to friend who really wanted it). More of a "straight-up" amp now compared to euphonic/luxurious sound, IMO.

We intentionally ran a leaner sounding 6SL7 at the meet. I forgot to mention that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back