Eddie Current Zana Deux owners
Sep 12, 2008 at 7:58 AM Post #871 of 2,605
Quote:

Originally Posted by nghows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
from the man himself back in March:

Perhaps if one were willing to be limited to a particular set (or impedance range) of cans, it'd be practicable. -Tim (waiting for Ike)

Sep 12, 2008 at 8:00 AM Post #872 of 2,605
Quote:

Originally Posted by LUMIERE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks nghows. I'm sure the stock ZD volume pot is fine.....

but.....

.... just wondering if any Zana Deux owners out there in the community have a ZD with a stepped attenuator and can comment on that aspect.
While I'm sure many Head-fi members have heard plenty of amps with stepped attenuators vs. without... and can come to the realization that the stepped is better at retaining minute details better..... anyone with any first ear experience with this particular amp?

Not me. (Yes, I just wanted to slide past you on posts! :wink:)

-Tim

(waiting for Ike)

Sep 12, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #873 of 2,605
I finally got Zana Deux the serial number is 66
devil_face.gif

This seems really good, I'm able to wait for such a large difference in sound when compared to Mapletree Ear+HD. Sounds like all the bigger distinction also there is resolution is a much more. Knock of drums are really genuine hearing. I can hear before the outside of things which the record what I have now listened to.
Placed as soon as metal based Sylvania 6SL7W tube. I have not yet try to the other tubes.I would like to, even when already sounded so well. I have to just focus on music and forget the tube rolling, in this batch
Fortunately, this amplifier does not produce problems for the music concentration. it will take me than to rams connected to the string to marvellous music world

I am really astonished.

Sep 16, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #875 of 2,605
You know, this amp really does make each headphone thrown at it shine. I wasn't initially enamored with the sound of either the Ed 9 or HD650, but having listened to them for a couple of days, I have to retract my initial impressions.

The ZD makes each and every headphone I've thrown at it sound really, really good; better than I've heard any of them sound. "Oh, so you think you're such a bad-ass, huh? I'm gonna throw some Apple ibuds at ya tonight. Let's see how you make them bad boys sound."

Wouldn't it be funny if the ibuds came to life and really sounded good?

I'm really starting to reconsider my notion that the headphone (or speakers, for that matter) are the most important link in the audio chain.

Sep 18, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #879 of 2,605
I want to hold a mini meet in the ohio area. I simply cannot believe how great the hd600s are with this amp, other people need to hear this.
biggrin.gif

The K501/W5000 is good but it truly seems as if the ZD was made for the Senns. The soundstage opened up and the music has much more depth to it. The sound seems like it is surrounding me instead of the music sounding as if it is coming from two drivers located next to my ears.

Still I must admit that I have considered selling all of my phones to try and get a can that can match the fidelity of the ZD. My cans are mid-fi and the hd600 is the only one without *glaring* flaws.

I'm thinking of the GS1000(but have heard it's recessed), Edition 9, and JVC DX1000.

Sep 19, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #881 of 2,605
Quote:

Originally Posted by zer010gic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So has anyone used this guy as a Pre-Amp yet and if so how is it preforming?

calling uncle erik
calling uncle erik

Sep 19, 2008 at 6:28 AM Post #883 of 2,605
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to hold a mini meet in the ohio area. I simply cannot believe how great the hd600s are with this amp, other people need to hear this.
biggrin.gif

The K501/W5000 is good but it truly seems as if the ZD was made for the Senns. The soundstage opened up and the music has much more depth to it. The sound seems like it is surrounding me instead of the music sounding as if it is coming from two drivers located next to my ears.

Still I must admit that I have considered selling all of my phones to try and get a can that can match the fidelity of the ZD. My cans are mid-fi and the hd600 is the only one without *glaring* flaws.

I'm thinking of the GS1000(but have heard it's recessed), Edition 9, and JVC DX1000.

FWIW, I will soon receive the HP-DX1000, and will be happy to give you some impressions how they sound compared to the HD650's.

Sep 19, 2008 at 7:40 AM Post #884 of 2,605
I really spent a lot of time with the ZD.
The GS-1000 are the best of what I have tested in my own headphones. Soundstage is broad and it is unfolding nicely around my head the weights on the front side.
Separation ability and the players raised the facilitation is the best for what I've heard, I can easily pick up the different players there.
I like most in middle region there is a suitably air and also there is so much life. The low sounds are kept well together, bass is tight and controlled.
High tones are not too bright. Perhaps it was a small problem with the GS-1000 of time before the Zana Deux.

Sep 19, 2008 at 8:47 AM Post #885 of 2,605
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sture was right ....... the drums (and the piano) are very real. Please welcome #76 ...
smily_headphones1.gif

DSC06209zd1.jpg

I want to thank everyone here. This is exquisite.

Congratulations, Karo
beerchug.gif
. You finally get it.

And I have to be increased. All the players are very real. Not only the drums and the piano ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back