ECP Audio - DSHA-1, L-2, Black Diamond
Jul 7, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #198 of 286
Look what I just came across:

http://diy.ecpaudio.com/2015/07/dsha-2-headphone-amplifier.html#more

Anyone in the know have more info?

Jul 8, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #199 of 286
Doug felt there weren't enough blue amps out there to compete with Donald North.

I am excited about this amp as it replaces the LM317's with Jung super regulators.  I have heard the BD responds very favorably to this (pricey) tweak with Bellesons, so I am hopeful it would really help the DSHA as well.  The short of it is more drive and a better PS.  Not sure of cost / final chassis.  

Jul 8, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #200 of 286
Fro
Doug felt there weren't enough blue amps out there to compete with Donald North.

I am excited about this amp as it replaces the LM317's with Jung super regulators.  I have heard the BD responds very favorably to this (pricey) tweak with Bellesons, so I am hopeful it would really help the DSHA as well.  The short of it is more drive and a better PS.  Not sure of cost / final chassis.  

I talked to Doug and this amp supposed to be more or less the same price as the DSHA-1 if not slightly more expensive. Can't say much about the chassis. I, of course, expect it to sound excellent just like its predecessor.

Jul 8, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #201 of 286
Just want to say this but if any of you still really want this amp, and know how to DIY the PCBs are for sale here.  http://www.ecpaudio.com/stuff.shtml

Jul 8, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #202 of 286
  Just want to say this but if any of you still really want this amp, and know how to DIY the PCBs are for sale here.  http://www.ecpaudio.com/stuff.shtml

Not really if you are talking about the new DHSA.

Jul 10, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #204 of 286

Wow, didn't realize he had the PCB's up for sale. Thanks. Might take a shot at the L2

Ya i got one of the L2 and BD just in case I want to build them.  Plus for the BD surface mount soldering is "fun"

Jul 10, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #205 of 286

Wow, didn't realize he had the PCB's up for sale. Thanks. Might take a shot at the L2

Ya i got one of the L2 and BD just in case I want to build them.  Plus for the BD surface mount soldering is "fun"

Good lucks with your builds, but I thought that the difficult part is sourcing the transformers.

Jul 11, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #206 of 286
Anyone in the know have more info?

Not a ton more info to share yet beyond what is posted. I am just finishing up that last few details. This is the new little amp -- it is intended for traditional dynamics (Senns, Grados, Beyers, etc.). There is also a bigger version for pushing the harder to drive stuff -- more on that soon.

The PS upgrade probably makes less of a difference here as the circuit's PSRR is higher, but it does make enough to make it worth doing. Definitely takes it to the next level. There are also various other circuit upgrades such as better CCSes, better parts, etc.

The chassis can be any color you like (though the knob and screws will stay silver) :)

Good lucks with your builds, but I thought that the difficult part is sourcing the transformers.

We are working on rectifying this. It is taking some time for a variety of reasons, but we should have some nice nickel OPTs for Torpedo/L2 use before too long.

Jul 11, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #207 of 286
but we should have some nice nickel OPTs for Torpedo/L2 use before too long.

L3000.gif

Mar 19, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #208 of 286
DSHA-4 in the house!

Mar 19, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #210 of 286
My particular DSHA-4 is done in a power-amp configuration. Volume is controlled by a separate pre-amp.

Both inputs and outputs are transformer coupled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back