ECLIPSE. The name of the NEW TWAG v2 black translucent wire!!
Aug 8, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #92 of 102
I got my V2 TWag IEM cable for balanced SR-71b amp about a week ago and put 100 of music through it, and I really do think that it's giving me better micro-detail and resolution than the stock Westone ES5 cable.  

Previously I thought the stock ES5 cable was just fine with them, so I was using my older TWag V1 with my JH13Pro on the balanced SR-71b because it made them perform closer to my stock ES5, while I thought the V1 made the ES5 sound a little edgier or grainier.  I think that the V2 is more musical like the stock cable, but also more resolving like the TWag V1.

I've always said that once a person has upgraded their IEM/Headphone then the next upgrades are the source and then amp - but once that's done I do think upgraded cables make a small subtle improvement for squeezing out that last bit of performance.  The TWag V2 Eclipse in combination with the balanced SR-71b (and DACmini as source) might take my custom IEM as far I need them to go.  I'm still thinking it would be nice to try my balanced Apogee mini-DAC fed into the SR-71b, and it will be a TWag Eclipse V2 input cable when I do that.

I haven't heard other cables vs the TWag V1 and V2, so I can't make comparisons there.

Sep 13, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #93 of 102
Hello Craig:

I ordered the new Whiplash TWag2 black cable with the small Viablue straight connector on July 16th.  My credit card was charged immediately via PayPal.  Additionally, i ordered a Oyaide right angle to right angle mini to mini connector with TWag2 black cable on July 19th that was also charged against my credit card via PayPal.  i also paid for overnight shipping.

I have sent several PMs to you regarding the status of my orders.  I have not heard any response to my PMs.  It has been nearly two months since these orders were made and paid.  I understand that it takes time to fill orders, and have the necessary parts in stock.  What i don't understand is the lack of communication from a customer inquiry.  Please let me know the status of my orders.

Thank you.

Kindest regards,

van

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #94 of 102
Received mine this week.  Here are some photos:

Sep 15, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #95 of 102
Craig,
For what it's worth, you may want to adjust the holes or finish on the wooden slider.  I've only adjusted it ~20 times tops since Monday night and it's really abrading the jacket of the wire (taking off slices).  Any suggestions on how to resolve that?  oil?  remove the slider?

Thanks.

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #96 of 102

Quote:
Craig,
For what it's worth, you may want to adjust the holes or finish on the wooden slider.  I've only adjusted it ~20 times tops since Monday night and it's really abrading the jacket of the wire (taking off slices).  Any suggestions on how to resolve that?  oil?  remove the slider?

Thanks.

Umm, that shouldn't happen. Its possible a small amount of glue or some wooden fragments are in the way. Easy to fix..however we may need to fix it ourselves...

SENDING PM...

Craig

Oct 24, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #97 of 102

Quote:
Umm, that shouldn't happen. Its possible a small amount of glue or some wooden fragments are in the way. Easy to fix..however we may need to fix it ourselves...

SENDING PM...

Craig

Hi Craig,

You offered to send a replacement cable on 9/15/2011.  It has not arrived yet (10/24/2011).  I guess this sort of delay is to be expected at this point.  Please provide an update.

Thanks,
- Sasha.

Oct 24, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #98 of 102

Quote:

Hi Craig,

You offered to send a replacement cable on 9/15/2011.  It has not arrived yet (10/24/2011).  I guess this sort of delay is to be expected at this point.  Please provide an update.

Thanks,
- Sasha. 

I need to know which cable you have...please PM me since I have several on file.

Oct 25, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #99 of 102

Quote:
I need to know which cable you have...please PM me since I have several on file.

PM'd, but in case that gets lost:

TWAg 64" Oyaide Right Angle connector.  "old style" wooden splitter.

Nov 18, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #100 of 102
Oh yeah, an update.  I still haven't received the replacement cable from Craig.

Also, Craig:  the Right+ conductor on this cable is dead again.  Ground and Left+ are fine.  Back to life in Mono.  I would have brought it up sooner, but figured you'd have taken care of it with the replacement cable.  I haven't been able to use this cable since about the last post.

Tired of this crap.

Feb 11, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #101 of 102
Is [size=9pt]ViaBlue SMALL[/size][size=9pt] - available option now? Cannot see it on a site.[/size]

Choose Your Connector *
  1. Viablue Straight 3.5MM
  2. Oyaide Straight 3.5MM +$30.00
  3. Oyaide Right Angle 3.5MM +$30.00
  4. CryoParts Custom Cryo XLR +$30.00
  5. Furutech XLR +$80.00
  6. CryoParts Custom Carbon 1/4" +$30.00
  7. Switchcraft Right Angle 3.5MM +$15.00
  8. Protector Balanced
  9. 6pin iBasso +$15.00
  10. TRRS Balanced

Mar 12, 2012 at 3:56 AM Post #102 of 102
Hi Craig.

I have paid for the cables at 18th of February. No answers to my e-mails from you till then. Have you left for vacations or something? When should I expect my package?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back