ECLIPSE. The name of the NEW TWAG v2 black translucent wire!!
Mar 16, 2011 at 11:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 102

SACD-Man

Formerly With Whiplash Audio
**UPDATE June 2nd**

After about 500+ emails, threads, posts and brides (lol), I have decided to make TWag v2 in a black color wire called Eclipse. This wire has a black translucent appearence and it comes with the same characteristics and incredible sound of TWag v2!!

There is no change to the SQ on this wire, just the color. TWag v2 OM Eclipse will be ready to ship and is in stock. The NON OM IEM replacement cable is ready to ship as well!!! 
ALL OTHER CABLES CAN BE MADE NOW WITH ECLIPSE!!!

Price and application will not change. Only color!!

Any order already placed will have the option to change. 
I'm sorry, already competed orders can not be exchange for this cable(s). 

NEW Photos:

TWag v2 OM with Oyaide Straight

Above is The new TWag v2 Eclipse OM with Oyaide Straight

Side view. The mannequin's head does not have a perfect representation of someone's ear. It does demonstrate how the over mold looks.

Close-up of the NEW choker made from Zebra wood. Its smaller with a donut hole. Its so beautiful and plus it matches the color of the wire better. 

This is the memory wire version. 

The choker is now the new Zebra wood. 

This cable IS in stock: http://www.whiplashaudio.com/cables/whiplash-custom-cables/whiplash-elite-jha-ue-westone-iem-om-replacement-cable.html

Thanks!
Craig
Whiplash Audio

Mar 17, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #2 of 102
holy smokes, seriously awesome news! I'll probably get this for my next JH16 balanced cable. :D

Mar 17, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #4 of 102
:D can't wait either!

When will pictures be up?

PS.: Recently sent you a mail regarding prices for a LCD-2 cable & recabling another headphone of mine, thanks for the reply and I'll reply you with the length desired ASAP.

Mar 17, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #6 of 102

Quote:
The color is a very nice translucent charcoal grey, you guys will love it!  Craig, want me to pose a teaser pic?

Peace, 

Lee

Please do ! 
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 17, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #10 of 102
OK, here is the deal.  This is not Eclipse, this is a different silver wire that I had the insulation extruded on to check the color.  Eclipse will have a larger OD, be of MUCH better quality, and the jacket will be slightly more translucent.  So, this is a tease.  But, it will give you an idea of the color;  should be very cool, indeed.

4-6 weeks, hopefully.  And, guys, thank Craig for this!  I wasn't going to take the time to design this until late this year, or early next, however, he hounded me so that he could provide something special to the HF community.

Peace, 

Lee

Mar 19, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #11 of 102

I may buy one......

Quote:
OK, here is the deal.  This is not Eclipse, this is a different silver wire that I had the insulation extruded on to check the color.  Eclipse will have a larger OD, be of MUCH better quality, and the jacket will be slightly more translucent.  So, this is a tease.  But, it will give you an idea of the color;  should be very cool, indeed.

4-6 weeks, hopefully.  And, guys, thank Craig for this!  I wasn't going to take the time to design this until late this year, or early next, however, he hounded me so that he could provide something special to the HF community.

Peace, 

Lee

Mar 29, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #13 of 102
i just wrote a mail to craig this morning asking about oxidization of the white cable...that new black cable answers that question at least :) . will definitely get it once it's available!

cheers
chris

Mar 31, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #14 of 102
still waiting to see the new wire!  and i just saw the new TWcu and TWspc... looks amazing!  makes me want to get a 3rd custom just to own the TWcu...haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back