EC Zana Deux tube rolling pls share
Jun 7, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #377 of 651
Quote:

Originally Posted by BobMajor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been looking at this one but the price and the fact that the seller is in Vietnam has somewhat made me cautious.
Audiophile

I emailed this store a couple months ago and never got a response. Its the only place I can find that has it for sale.

Jun 17, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #379 of 651
DSC07061a.jpg

DSC07106a.jpg

Jun 17, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #380 of 651
Mmmmm... lovely tubes! Any noticeable differences in sound?

Jun 17, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #381 of 651
Absolutely.
atsmile.gif
Can't hide it. It's like when I first got the Zana but so much greater in space and accuracy. I've been in bass heaven lately so now the upper regions are really showing off. I have never heard "separation" like this in the drums before. I'm so happy.

I had some examples of what was happening for you guys .... but honestly this is like starting all over. I probably need to adjust my caps but am just so happy I finally got them running .....
beerchug.gif
It's stunning.

... In other words, I believe I am experiencing the break-in period. They took about 4 or 5 hours to warm-up on Sunday, and that has greatly accelerated since then.

Jun 18, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #383 of 651
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DSC07102zd1.jpg

Those are nice tubes! Where did you find those?
popcorn.gif

Jun 19, 2009 at 9:53 AM Post #384 of 651
Thank you willis, but I didn't find them. They found me. It all started with a blown rectifier, and a seemingly bad episode. I'm mystified by it. I have tried not to make any assumptions, but it would seem that they are very rare.

Haven't heard the final word yet, but I don't know if he has more available right now. Just have to wait and find out. I just wanted to share my good fortune with the community, as you all have shared so much.

Of course, I enjoy a-lot of poorly-recorded 30's & 40's mono material .... so I need all the help I can get.

icon10.gif

6SL7gt1a.jpg

Jun 20, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #390 of 651
How do you like COSSOR?

Are those ULTRON German made?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Blackmore .... was obviously thinking about you when the Cossor became available. It's a d-getter.

atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back