eBay + SR60's = A newly converted Audiophile...
Nov 29, 2010 at 4:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

PhoenixJ

New Head-Fier
Hello peeps, thought I'd use my first post to introduce myself.

I'm from across the pond (UK) and have just won myself a nice pair of Grado SR60s on eBay to replace my broken Senn HD212's - Bit of an upgrade, you might say.

I've been intruiged by all the modding that goes on with headphones (I had no idea until today!) I'll be sticking around!

First mod for me is to change the pads on them for the Sennheiser 414s, as reccommended by many members on here - should arrive with me over the next few days. I'll post pictures at some point when everything arrives!

Peace x

Nov 29, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #2 of 6
They always say here, the SR60's are THE entry cans to headphone-world....

what they also always say:
welcome to head-fi, sorry for your wallet

gratz with the Grado's

Nov 29, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #3 of 6
Congratulations, both on your purchase of the SR60 as well as on your spirit of adventure.  I hope you find modding as satisfying and fun as some of the rest of us.

Nov 29, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #4 of 6
Cheers for the welcome.

Oh, and I'm no n00b forum poster so you don't have to worry about posting pictures such as this...

biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
Cheers for the welcome.

Oh, and I'm no n00b forum poster so you don't have to worry about posting pictures such as this...

biggrin.gif

Welcome!!
And my gosh, I can't believe that picture.

Dec 8, 2010 at 7:47 AM Post #6 of 6
At long last, was woken up by the postie in my post-student night hungover state bearing mail that made me not what to shout at him...

They have several hours use on them, hence the bargain price off eBay - but they sound fine! Bit of what you call 'grado grattle' but I solved that by the sucking technique, although realising afterwards that someone else had been wearing these before I had...

*shudder*

After mouthwash, I ripped open the packaging of these babies that arrived a few days ago:

Replacing the fairly well used originals that came with it:

I'm a bit disappointed with the bass on the headphones, whilst its not bad, its not too prominent either, especially when listening to artists such as Swedish House Mafia! Although in defence of the headphones, I'm running them straight from a macbook pro with no amping whatsoever (I'm a poor student, ok!?) so a bit of tweaking with the EQ and a noticable improvement. Treble is insane though, you can hear everything!

Definitely need a headphone amp though.

So here's what the headphones currently look like. I'm yet to do the 'quarter' mod on them, as a) Being in England, we don't have quarters, and b) I'm lazy. I'll use a 2p coin at some point, I think thats roughly the same size.

Any advice, suggestions etc for improved sound, don't hesitate! I'll post more progress and pics etc. if and when I decide to do it.

atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back