Ebay seller 222araxqy is a crook
Jul 20, 2012 at 5:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

KT66

Headphoneus Supremus
He advertised ES7s as coming from Wisconsin. Then he tells me they are shipped from China, and guess what they are fakes and really bad fakes at that
is not responding to any emails and will give me returns address or refund my money.
He promised they were genuine

They cost £80 ( $130)

a real low-life scum thief who blatantly lied at every stage of the transaction

avoid

Jul 20, 2012 at 5:38 AM Post #2 of 14
I hope you did all your communications through eBay and used PayPal. I so you can file a claim I think. Otherwise good to know who to avoid...

Jul 20, 2012 at 5:56 AM Post #3 of 14
 I didn't pay via Paypal, I paid direct with a debit card and Ebay aren't interested.

Never buying off ebay again!

Jul 20, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #4 of 14
Sellers listing has returns policy...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audio-Technica-ATH-ES7-Portable-Stereo-Headphones-Black-/120949473812?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item1c29268214

Follow it, and contact ebay.

Good Luck, Jim

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #5 of 14
I have contacted him - no reply

After I won them I asked for a tracking number. he referred me to a chinese courier, and a website in chinese.

The ad clearly says located in usa, I asked him why- and he said they ship from China.

I told him I bought from him as he was in the USA as I wanted to avoid fakes.

He said they aren't fakes and not to worry as he has sold many pairs.

They are really bad fakes, and sound as you would expect , they even make my new T50ps sound good!

I gave him lots of chances and he lied at every stage.

I am going to track him down.

Jul 20, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:
I have contacted him - no reply

After I won them I asked for a tracking number. he referred me to a chinese courier, and a website in chinese.

The ad clearly says located in usa, I asked him why- and he said they ship from China.

I told him I bought from him as he was in the USA as I wanted to avoid fakes.

He said they aren't fakes and not to worry as he has sold many pairs.

They are really bad fakes, and sound as you would expect , they even make my new T50ps sound good!

I gave him lots of chances and he lied at every stage.

I am going to track him down.

Not to be an ass, but you're completely at fault. When you found out the ad was fraudulent you should have cancelled. The most you can do is look into your bank's buyer protection services. My bank gives up to 2 months after the purchase.

Jul 20, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #9 of 14
User error. Always pay with PayPal.
Quote:
 I didn't pay via Paypal, I paid direct with a debit card and Ebay aren't interested.

Never buying off ebay again!

Jul 20, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #10 of 14
Call bank for any type of buyer protection services. I've been a eBay seller/buyer for 6 years and I didn't even realize you could pay directly without going through an eBay approved channel with adequate buyer protection. Again, you thoughtlessly bought without any sense of self-protection.  Don't blame eBay. Of course they can't help you. 

Hopefully you've learned something with this $130 tuition.  That's a lot cheaper than college these days. 

Jul 20, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #11 of 14
Jul 20, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #12 of 14
Yup if your going to bother using eBay then you should use PayPal so you have recourse especially on commonly known faked headphones. Still props to the OP for warning about a scammer and I hope he is able to get some recourse but if not a tough lesson learned.

Jul 21, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #13 of 14
... I bought them too from 222araxqy
This hedphones are not worth more than a penny! I open a case via ebay buyer protection and now i'm waiting to resolve this problem.
PS
I use PayPal to pay.

Jul 22, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #14 of 14
I reject the idea that you're "at fault" if you're not clever enough to spot deceit (or just unfamiliar with the various ploys crooks use.)  The only fault of the OP was that he trusted someone.  The lot of you who blame the victim ought to be harsher in your criticism of eBay, which seems more like a Moroccan bazaar than a legitimate market.

(Oh, and incidentally, thinking that using Paypal is going to help is naive as well.  I've heard as many complaints about them as eBay.)

To the OP, thanks for the well-intended warning, and hope you get your $$ back. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back