eBay bidder wants to me send package to Africa. Is this a scam?
May 4, 2007 at 8:59 AM Post #31 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not everyone outside of North America is a scam artist.

Although, the first anglo population of my country were mostly criminals.
eek.gif

The city you live in is still full of crooks isn't it? Oh, my apologies, they are politicians!
tongue.gif

May 4, 2007 at 11:07 AM Post #32 of 54
yes, ship to Africa = scam

May 4, 2007 at 11:13 AM Post #33 of 54
Tell her that your Paypal account has some problems, and that unfortunatelly you can only accept a Postal Money order...cash it in the post office, and once cash in hand...

May 4, 2007 at 3:12 PM Post #37 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, Oxbridge University. Uncyclopedia says that for a nominal fee they convert BA's into MA's!

In fact that is exactly what Oxford, Cambridge and Dublin University do, it used to be 5UKP for Oxford - a former roommate of mine was an Oxford graduate, all these graduates can elect to have an MA after a certain elapsed time. The rest of us have to work for our higher degrees
plainface.gif

May 4, 2007 at 7:30 PM Post #40 of 54
Guys I received a fake payment confirmation email from the scammer. This confirmations emails should come from paypal directly so I knew for sure this is a scam. I'm posting a copy of the email so you can take a look at how a fake one looks like.

Check this out. (56k Beware)

Is there any way I can recieve the two $6 listing fees I wasted from this scam?

May 4, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #41 of 54
Yikes, a lot of peculiarities in that invoice.

Definitely contact eBay about it. IIRC, they have a tool for reporting scammers. You might get back your listing money, or at least receive a free new listing.

May 4, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #42 of 54
Yikes... the type-fonts are all messed up on that "invoice". Paypal confirmation numbers do not have hyphens in them like that.

May 4, 2007 at 9:26 PM Post #43 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by DRSpeed85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys I received a fake payment confirmation email from the scammer. This confirmations emails should come from paypal directly so I knew for sure this is a scam. I'm posting a copy of the email so you can take a look at how a fake one looks like.

Thanks for doing this. There are lots of mistakes but it could fool someone new to Paypal or who wasnt careful.

May 4, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #45 of 54
I like the repetition...

Mrs. Nancy Williams , just send you money with PayPal.

[size=small]Mrs. Nancy Williams , is a Verified Ebay and Paypal Member.[/size]

[size=large]Mrs. Nancy Williams .[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back