eBay bidder wants to me send package to Africa. Is this a scam?
May 4, 2007 at 1:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

DRSpeed85

500+ Head-Fier
I need your help guys. Check this out.

Hi,

Compliment of the Season,I am Mrs.Nancy williams from US, ,but presently i am in UK , for a bussiness trip.I saw your item below and i will like to buy it for my son, in Africa as a surprise gift for him in oxbridge university, Nigeria Do not worry about the shipping , i will like the package to be ship out via USPS AIRMAIL ,and i will, pay up with the shipping charges $100.00 ..i would have prefer to send you a cheque but simply because i want you to ship the item out as soon as posible..i will be sending you payment via PayPal,so make sure you pack up the item for shipment ..Am off to work as soon as i get back from work i will mail out your payment ...And kindly send me your PayPal Email Address .so i can make out your Payment ..You can ship the item as soon as you recieve the paypal confirmation from paypal..
Thanks hope to hear from you soon ....
Nancy williams

I have experience with this "surprise visit, do you accept money order check?" type of scams. Is this one of them?

May 4, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #6 of 54
Have the CASH in hand before you ship.

Laz

May 4, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #9 of 54
Absolutely a scam. Report that B* to the bay.

"I'm am is from the US. My English is am verrrry nice and properishes."

May 4, 2007 at 1:25 AM Post #10 of 54
Nigeria? Yes remember
spam-machines-504.jpg

May 4, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #11 of 54
they can also send you a fake paypal payment confirmation so dont be tricked by that either.

might want to relist them without having buy it now option, there might be more of them doing that thing agian..

May 4, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #12 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they can also send you a fake paypal payment confirmation so dont be tricked by that either.

might want to relist them without having buy it now option, there might be more of them doing that thing agian..

x2... Just re-list it for North America sale only.

May 4, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #13 of 54
I always feel bad for the one person in Nigeria trying to buy something and it's not a scam...

But she has an anglified name and yet her English is broken, and Oxbridge University?? Hmm, no, don't think so. Google ain't turning up any such univeristy in Nigeria.

May 4, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #14 of 54
When did Oxford and Cambridge merge, and why wasn't I notified? Also Nancy Williams who can't capitalize her name correctly? These scams are so weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back