Eastsound E5 Plat.Ref. CDP - new/improved
Sep 13, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #31 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What? You dont expect Art to provide us with another Cattylink shillathon do you?
popcorn.gif

Why that description ? Have you ever dealt with Cattylink, Mr.Wells or Snowy Law on a personal basis ? From past experiences I've got nothing but good things to say about them all. I must be part of the shillathon too now.
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #32 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike FL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why that description ? Have you ever dealt with Cattylink, Mr.Wells or Snowy Law on a personal basis ? From past experiences I've got nothing but good things to say about them all. I must be part of the shillathon too now.
biggrin.gif

Yes, yes and yes.

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #33 of 56
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Yes, yes and yes. There is clearly a relationship between the three, regardless of the denials, hence the question by grawk about Arts MOT status.

Sep 15, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #34 of 56
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Quote:

Yes, yes and yes.

Yes, sacd lover bought an E5 from Cattylink. He got one of the early ones where the laser was sometimes subject to shock damage. I fixed his E5 for free labor with a new transport supplied by Cattylink.

sacd lover still owes me $70. I have been waiting for his payment for many months.

sacd lover got some tubes from me on loan to use with the Doge 6210 he bought from me (he was using a bad combo for the Doge 6210 which made his Doge sound bad).

I sent him these tubes with an option to buy them for $70. He never returned the tubes and never paid for them either.

For the full story, click on the Doge 6210 link in my Signature below, then click on my feedback link and read. I have exposed sacd lover's true nature and he hates me.

So, according to some like sacd lover, Cattylink employs me to promote the Rega Saturn (that Cattylink does not sell) instead of the E5 Signature (that Cattylink does sell). Perhaps such deep thinkers believe that Cattylink is trying to go out of business. Search all my posts over the last 2 years in which I have consistently praised the Rega Saturn as the CD player to buy.

I have been telling people for two years to buy the Rega Saturn and not the E5. I have sent numerous private messages with this advice. I have even told sacd lover this recommendation, once on a telephone conversation with him.

Quote:

Yes, yes and yes. There is clearly a relationship between the three, regardless of the denials, hence the question by grawk about Arts MOT status.

So, sacd lover, and grwak, are you two asserting that I am paid by Cattylink? What is the basis of this false accusation?

Are you asserting any kind of relationship other than my volunteering free labor to do E5 repairs, with parts supllied by Cattylink (if the unit is under warranty, and if not, if payment is made directly to Cattylink for parts, and to me directly for the actual costs of transportation in returns to the customer)? My labor is free, whether the E5 is in or out of warranty or whether the person who needs help is the original owner or not. Payment for parts not under warranty is made to Cattylink and not to me. Cattylink supplies me parts for free, to use in repair. I provide free labor for transport repair - most of the time the customer replaces their own transport in getting a new one from me (when they first send a defective one to me to test). I do not pay for transportion back to the customer - the customer pays this to me on an actual cost basis.

I am sure that Cattylink is unhappy with my recommending the Rega Saturn instead of the E5 or E5 Signature that they sell. Any product I ever recommend is the best for the money, in my experience. I do now prefer the new E5 Platinum Reference CD player to the Rega Saturn. For those who believe this is my promoting Cattylink, then I hope you never buy one, and hope you ignore the praise that you will hear from others.

Sep 15, 2008 at 12:09 PM Post #36 of 56
I am asserting that to casual observation, it sure looks like you have a business relationship with cattylink. I don't know whether money gets exchanged, and I'd bet there are a whole lot more public comments that are pro-cattylink products than pro-anyone else's products.

Sep 15, 2008 at 1:36 PM Post #37 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Earl
I bought DigiPete's E5 from morphsci. I can say without a doubt the clock modded player is far superior to the stock E5 as a transport. While it is hard to say just what mod makes what improvements used as a player. I had a Philips 963SA with only the zap filter mod and I always thought the treble sounded smeared on the 963SA vs the zap filter AND clock modded Sony 555ES.

So, I guess I am saying I have come to the conclusion the stock E5s clock isnt that good.

I believe he did a bunch of other mods to that player as well such as replacing diodes and caps and whatnot. I know this is purely speculation on my part, but I highly doubt that a clock replacement would make a night and day difference in an E5.

Sep 15, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #38 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am asserting that to casual observation, it sure looks like you have a business relationship with cattylink. I don't know whether money gets exchanged, and I'd bet there are a whole lot more public comments that are pro-cattylink products than pro-anyone else's products.

I am asserting that you and sacd lover are wrong, that your opinions are totally without foundation in reality, and the vile implications of your posts are invalid.

The items from Cattylink (Bada 12 and Doge 6210 headphone amps) that I own are, in my experience, the best for the money. I recommend them highly, as I do all products that I own, for their own merits regardless of whether they can be bought from Cattylink. I have urged everyone to buy these amps, and have urged USA buyers to consider paying a little more to buy them from Pacific Valve & Electric Company Home Page in order to get the domestic warranty. Pacificvalve.us is in no way affiliated with Cattylink.

Sep 15, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #39 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by drarthurwells /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, sacd lover bought an E5 from Cattylink. He got one of the early ones where the laser was sometimes subject to shock damage. I fixed his E5 for free labor with a new transport supplied by Cattylink.

sacd lover still owes me $70. I have been waiting for his payment for many months.

sacd lover got some tubes from me on loan to use with the Doge 6210 he bought from me (he was using a bad combo for the Doge 6210 which made his Doge sound bad).

I sent him these tubes with an option to buy them for $70. He never returned the tubes and never paid for them either.

For the full story, click on the Doge 6210 link in my Signature below, then click on my feedback link and read. I have exposed sacd lover's true nature and he hates me.

So, according to some like sacd lover, Cattylink employs me to promote the Rega Saturn (that Cattylink does not sell) instead of the E5 Signature (that Cattylink does sell). Perhaps such deep thinkers believe that Cattylink is trying to go out of business. Search all my posts over the last 2 years in which I have consistently praised the Rega Saturn as the CD player to buy.

I have been telling people for two years to buy the Rega Saturn and not the E5. I have sent numerous private messages with this advice. I have even told sacd lover this recommendation, once on a telephone conversation with him.

So, sacd lover, and grwak, are you two asserting that I am paid by Cattylink? What is the basis of this false accusation?

Are you asserting any kind of relationship other than my volunteering free labor to do E5 repairs, with parts supllied by Cattylink (if the unit is under warranty, and if not, if payment is made directly to Cattylink for parts, and to me directly for the actual costs of transportation in returns to the customer)? My labor is free, whether the E5 is in or out of warranty or whether the person who needs help is the original owner or not. Payment for parts not under warranty is made to Cattylink and not to me. Cattylink supplies me parts for free, to use in repair. I provide free labor for transport repair - most of the time the customer replaces their own transport in getting a new one from me (when they first send a defective one to me to test). I do not pay for transportion back to the customer - the customer pays this to me on an actual cost basis.

I am sure that Cattylink is unhappy with my recommending the Rega Saturn instead of the E5 or E5 Signature that they sell. Any product I ever recommend is the best for the money, in my experience. I do now prefer the new E5 Platinum Reference CD player to the Rega Saturn. For those who believe this is my promoting Cattylink, then I hope you never buy one, and hope you ignore the praise that you will hear from others.

You love to tell half truths and you love to level your personal attacks Art. Despite that, I dont hate you .... I simply know you are dishonest.

First, I do still have those tubes. If you would like to reimburse me for the repair costs and the shipping to and from California for the defective amp you sold me .... I will be glad to forward you the money for the tubes

Secondly, unlike your bogus claims, I can verify the amp was defective. I can verify the amp was repaired and I can verify I later had the amps input stage rebuilt because the stock amps input stage was so poorly designed the amp would not bias the output tubes correctly. Moreover, I have over 150 transactions on head-fi .... I invite people to read my feedback thread and my feedback for you specifically and see what they think about your bogus claims.

Thirdly, You admit you repair and supply parts for Cattylink products with parts they give you. I didnt claim you were paid and payment is irrelevant. Regardless of whether there is any money passing hands you are acting as their technical Support person and you should be a MOT. For the short time you were a MOT and couldnt shill Cattylingk products you rarely posted.

By the way, the E5 you worked on did not work correctly as you did not adjust the drawer properly. I had to have the transport aligned properly by Matt Anker at Sacdmods .... which I can again verify as fact.

Fourth, the E5, the Bada and Doge are your idea of best for money products. The E5 that has had consistent problems with their transport reliability. The Bada amp that consistanly was blowing mosfets .... which you knew .... and kept right on shilling the amp anyway. The Doge that seems to be made by numerous outsourced vendors and has no modicum of consistent build or parts quality. The Doge amp was what I consider junk until the circuit was rebuilt.

Finally, I am sure Cattylink is quite happy you are back to shilling their new E5. While I have no way of knowing why, I cant help but believe there is some benefit for Art. So, Head-Fi, if you are going to deal with drarthurwells or follow his recommendations make sure you do some research first.

Sep 15, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #40 of 56
Amen.

Quote:

Sep 15, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #41 of 56
Sacd lover, the amps I sent you were not defective. I sent one new Dodge 6210 to you, you said it was defective and returned it, I checked it out and it was fine.

Then I sent you another amp (that also checked out fine for me before I shipped it). Then you said the second was also defective, and I discussed this with you on the phone.

I told you the problem was with a bad combo of tubes you were using and said I would send 8 tubes (for two combos) that worked well, and you could either return the tubes or pay me $70 for them.

Then you kept saying the second one was defective, before you got the tubes, so I told you to return it and I would have it repaired. You did not do this but instead sent it to cotdt.

Codt posted that the amp was bad, posted that a wire to the transformer was broken or disconnected because of cheap brittle wire used in your amp, and that he fixed it by reconnecting it. However, this couldn't be true because it would have caused one channel to be dead - which was not your complaint.

Cotdt then was caught in his false story, and refused to describe exactly what was wrong with the amp or what he fixed.

Cotdt then made disparaging remarks about the amp's quality relative to his own Doge 6210 he got from pacificvalve. All of his remarks were false. He said the amp he got from sacd lover had thin wires with paper insulation, unlike his pacificvalve amp which used silver litz wires. I contacted Doge and confirmed that no Doge 6210 used silver litz wiring like Cotdt said, and no Doge product ever used paper for insulating wires.

Cotdt said sacd lover's amp had tube sockets that were glued in place, but refused to show pics of this. Doge also reported to me that all their products use tube sockets bolted in place and had never heard of any amp that glued such sockets in place.

I showed pictures of my Doge 6210 from Cattylink that had thick quality wiring like Cotdt's amp, but had superior Rubycon caps while cotdt's pacificvalve model used cheaper caps.

There was nothing wrong with either of the two Doge 6210 amps that I send sacd lover, and cotdt discredited himself with his obviously false attempt to back up sacd lover's claim that the amp was defective. Cotdt was never able to say exactly if anything was wrong with the amp after I exposed his intitial report of a broken wire as false, since this would not have caused the problems that sacd lover claimed.

Cotdt did do mods on sacd lover amp but did not repair any defect.

After all this happened, we learned tha the Doge 6210 was designed for Russian and Chinese EL84 type tubes, and could cause an impedance change if USA tubes were used. This change varied with the brand of tube used, and in some cases did not produce good sound. This was not the case witht he tubesI sent sacd lover, and if he had used them before sending his amp to cotdt, he might have had a different experience. A very simple mod to the Doge 6210, clipping one wire that connects to the first pin of each EL84 tube, solves this problem, enabling any EL84 tube to work in the Doge 6210 without impedance changes.

As far as the E5 tray not working properly, it worked fine before I returned it to sacd lover, and he never complained about this after he got his E5 back.

The Bada 12 does not blow mosfets as long as you don't remove a tube from it until power in the power capacitors has drained - I keep the amp off for 24 hours myself, before changing tubes.

So if you think I am saying the new E5 Reference is superior to the Rega Satrun that I have been raving about for 2 years, because I get some benefit from Cattylink, then buy my Saturn. Please!

Sep 15, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #42 of 56
Amen what? The esteemed doctor has a business relationship with cattylink. He acts as their service representative. The financial or other terms between them aren't really relevant to whether or not he's acting on their behalf. As such, he should be seen through that light. Is it coincidental that he's been talking about this new cd player since it was announced? Probably not. He's also admitted that his price was lower than other people could have gotten. And has talked about how it's better than the saturn after VERY little time to compare.

Sep 15, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #43 of 56
Quote:

Sacd lover, the amps I sent you were not defective. I sent one new Dodge 6210 to you, you said it was defective and returned it, I checked it out and it was fine.

Then I sent you another amp (that also checked out fine for me before I shipped it). Then you said the second was also defective, and I discussed this with you on the phone.

I told you the problem was with a bad combo of tubes you were using and said I would send 8 tubes (for two combos) that worked well, and you could either return the tubes or pay me $70 for them.

Then you kept saying the second one was defective, before you got the tubes, so I told you to return it and I would have it repaired. You did not do this but instead sent it to cotdt.

Codt posted that the amp was bad, posted that a wire to the transformer was broken or disconnected because of cheap brittle wire used in your amp, and that he fixed it by reconnecting it. However, this couldn't be true because it would have caused one channel to be dead - which was not your complaint.

Cotdt then was caught in his false story, and refused to describe exactly what was wrong with the amp or what he fixed.

Cotdt then made disparaging remarks about the amp's quality relative to his own Doge 6210 he got from pacificvalve. All of his remarks were false. He said the amp he got from sacd lover had thin wires with paper insulation, unlike his pacificvalve amp which used silver litz wires. I contacted Doge and confirmed that no Doge 6210 used silver litz wiring like Cotdt said, and no Doge product ever used paper for insulating wires.

Cotdt said sacd lover's amp had tube sockets that were glued in place, but refused to show pics of this. Doge also reported to me that all their products use tube sockets bolted in place and had never heard of any amp that glued such sockets in place.

I showed pictures of my Doge 6210 from Cattylink that had thick quality wiring like Cotdt's amp, but had superior Rubycon caps while cotdt's pacificvalve model used cheaper caps.

There was nothing wrong with either of the two Doge 6210 amps that I send sacd lover, and cotdt discredited himself with his obviously false attempt to back up sacd lover's claim that the amp was defective. Cotdt was never able to say exactly if anything was wrong with the amp after I exposed his intitial report of a broken wire as false, since this would not have caused the problems that sacd lover claimed.

Cotdt did do mods on sacd lover amp but did not repair any defect.

After all this happened, we learned tha the Doge 6210 was designed for Russian and Chinese EL84 type tubes, and could cause an impedance change if USA tubes were used. This change varied with the brand of tube used, and in some cases did not produce good sound. This was not the case witht he tubesI sent sacd lover, and if he had used them before sending his amp to cotdt, he might have had a different experience. A very simple mod to the Doge 6210, clipping one wire that connects to the first pin of each EL84 tube, solves this problem, enabling any EL84 tube to work in the Doge 6210 without impedance changes.

As far as the E5 tray not working properly, it worked fine before I returned it to sacd lover, and he never complained about this after he got his E5 back.

The Bada 12 does not blow mosfets as long as you don't remove a tube from it until power in the power capacitors has drained - I keep the amp off for 24 hours myself, before changing tubes.

So if you think I am saying the new E5 Reference is superior to the Rega Satrun that I have been raving about for 2 years, because I get some benefit from Cattylink, then buy my Saturn. Please!

We have been through this before. I can prove what I say. I dont need to speculate and invent scenarios about what happened.

You should hope no one goes back and actually reads our exchange. You reinvent what happened to try to make you look right .... you are not right. All you do is run your mouth and deny the truth. Right now you are trying to say what was wrong with the amp and you are not close to right; you have no clue. By the way, you didnt send 8 tubes for $70 you sent four .... 12ax7 x2 and EL84 X2 for $35. You cant even keep your story straight.

This is directly from Arts feedback response to me ....

Meanwhile SACDlover never returned the four tubes I sent him to try, and never paid me $35 for them, in spite of my repeated requests for this.

This speaks to the fact you alter your story at any point in time to match whatever lie you hope to convince people is true. You lie so much you dont even remember what you say .... which is not good for you since these responses are recorded in writing and can be researched and reviewed.

Cotdt was perfectly honest. Cotdt did repair my amp. Cotdt is a good kid who did a good deed and suffered your abuse as a result of telling the truth. Because I had to repalce the wiring, burnt resistors and the crummy tube sockets I went ahead and had him mod the amp and replace all the caps and most of the other parts too.

Cotdt was the one who first posted about the difference between the 6BQ5 and the Russian/ Chinese EL84 and what to do to resolve the issue. Again, you dont even have that story right. The problem had nothing to do with impedance. Moreover, the result of the problem wasnt bad sound .... the amp plain would not work correctly with a 6BQ5. You act like this was your discovery and you had no knowledge of the issue.

The E5 tray never worked properly once I received the E5 back from you. Since you already had the player and couldnt get the repair right why would I contact you once again. I went to someone I had confidence could actually repair the E5. Matt Anker repaired the E5s problems and once again let me remind you I can prove this as fact.

So Art how about you come up with something besides spin and insinuation about what happened and offer some facts. All you do is post your papranoid theories which have no basis in reality.

How about you say something you can prove that is not my word against yours. I have proof the amp was: 1) defective/ damaged goods 2) repaired and modded not just modded 3) that the E5 you supposedly repaired was not working properly and repaired by Sacdmods.

What third party verifications can you offer? If you dont have any please dont keep insulting everyones intellegence posting your fantasies.

Sep 16, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #44 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any pictures of the unit? Internal shots would be nice as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Any pics yet?

Sep 17, 2008 at 11:56 AM Post #45 of 56
Quote:

We have been through this before. I can prove what I say. I dont need to speculate and invent scenarios about what happened.

You should hope no one goes back and actually reads our exchange. You reinvent what happened to try to make you look right .... you are not right. All you do is run your mouth and deny the truth. Right now you are trying to say what was wrong with the amp and you are not close to right; you have no clue. By the way, you didnt send 8 tubes for $70 you sent four .... 12ax7 x2 and EL84 X2 for $35. You cant even keep your story straight.

This is directly from Arts feedback response to me ....

Meanwhile SACDlover never returned the four tubes I sent him to try, and never paid me $35 for them, in spite of my repeated requests for this.

This speaks to the fact you alter your story at any point in time to match whatever lie you hope to convince people is true. You lie so much you dont even remember what you say .... which is not good for you since these responses are recorded in writing and can be researched and reviewed.

Cotdt was perfectly honest. Cotdt did repair my amp. Cotdt is a good kid who did a good deed and suffered your abuse as a result of telling the truth. Because I had to repalce the wiring, burnt resistors and the crummy tube sockets I went ahead and had him mod the amp and replace all the caps and most of the other parts too.

Cotdt was the one who first posted about the difference between the 6BQ5 and the Russian/ Chinese EL84 and what to do to resolve the issue. Again, you dont even have that story right. The problem had nothing to do with impedance. Moreover, the result of the problem wasnt bad sound .... the amp plain would not work correctly with a 6BQ5. You act like this was your discovery and you had no knowledge of the issue.

The E5 tray never worked properly once I received the E5 back from you. Since you already had the player and couldnt get the repair right why would I contact you once again. I went to someone I had confidence could actually repair the E5. Matt Anker repaired the E5s problems and once again let me remind you I can prove this as fact.

So Art how about you come up with something besides spin and insinuation about what happened and offer some facts. All you do is post your papranoid theories which have no basis in reality.

How about you say something you can prove that is not my word against yours. I have proof the amp was: 1) defective/ damaged goods 2) repaired and modded not just modded 3) that the E5 you supposedly repaired was not working properly and repaired by Sacdmods.

What third party verifications can you offer? If you dont have any please dont keep insulting everyones intellegence posting your fantasies.

I couldn't remember the number of tubes or the price. I said 4 tubes for $35 at one point and 8 tubes for $70 at another point. You now say 6 tube. Fine. You have my tubes and never paid for them or returned them. That is theft.

I offered to have your amp fixed if you returned it to me. You did not do this because you knew I would find nothing wrong with your amp (I listened to it before shipping it to you and it was fine). You did this to me with the first amp I sent you - you sent it back to me but it was fine when I received it from you and tested it.

Instread of sending the second amp back to me like you did the first, you instead sent it to Cotdt. He reported (see the Doge 6210 link in my Signature) that he found a broken wire to the transformer and reconnected it to fix it. That report was obviously false since it would no produce the problems you claimed you had. I repeatedly posted a request to Cotdt aksing him to tell me which wire was broken and fixed, so I could break this wire to see what symptoms this break produced. Cotdt never answered, because the amp was fine when he got it from sacd lover. The wiring was fine, The tube sockets were bolted in, not glued in as Cotdt claimed, and were fine. The resistors and caps were all fine.

Cotdt did not fix a broken amp. Cotdt was moding Doge 6210 amps for money. Cotdt modded sacd lover's amps for money and did not fix it as there was nothing wrong with it. Cotdt's deceit is well documented - see the Doge 6210 link in my signature for exposure of this conspiratorial scam of me.

Why did sacd lover send the amp to Cotdt to fix instead of returning it to me to have me fix it? Because there was nothing wrong with this second amp, just as there was nothing wrong with the first amp sacd lover returned to me as defective (as tested on my receipt, and after I had already sent sacd lover a second replacement amp). Sacd lover knew his second amp was fine, just like the first amp I sent him, and sent it Cotdt for modding, and getting Cotdt to falsely claim it had a broken wire (to support sacd lover's original report). What wire to the transformer was broken Cotdt? Cotdt never answered this because any broken transformer wire would not produce the symptoms sacd lover claimed. There is no true answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back