Eastern Electric Minimax Tube Dac (32-bit dac)
Apr 13, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #1,036 of 1,148

Lol, costs almost as much as the dac.
Quote:
I like the Duelund Cast Silver Foil
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #1,038 of 1,148
There are a lot of notes on audiocircle. Basically, it all comes down to how much it's modified. The plus is itself only a modified original :wink:

As for those caps costing more than the dad, remember Wayne's super mod probably ended up costing 3-5x the cost of original dac!

Apr 14, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #1,043 of 1,148

Quote:
No one knows yet.  No one has come out with a modified EE DAC Plus yet and compared them side-by-side.  IF you are not using the USB connection, it is probably a waste of money to upgrade to the new plus.

Not really. The MM Plus sports two interesting features - 2 separate PSU and an upgraded tube section. As a result, it is much bigger in size.

I find the USB upgrade a waste of money for my case though.

Apr 15, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #1,044 of 1,148
I agree with eulover - the ps and improved tube stage could be significant.

Has anyone compared a Neko D100 or Wadia 121 to their Minimax?

Apr 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #1,046 of 1,148
I am not sure if you will have the same results as the original DAC.  Probably better to ask someone who knows the DAC plus.
Quote:
I have a DAC Plus. Will The Belleson Mods work in my unit with the same part numbers. Does the mini max have separate regulators for the digital and analog VDD? How would the new 1.2 superpower regulators be used?

Speed 65

Apr 19, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #1,047 of 1,148
Speaking of the Eastern Electric Minimax, anybody do any kind of tube rolling with this dac?
I know that earlier in the thread a different tube was recommended, psvane tube (see page 6 of the thread), which I have ordered and am waiting for. 
Anything else that has impressed?

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #1,048 of 1,148

Quote:
Speaking of the Eastern Electric Minimax, anybody do any kind of tube rolling with this dac?
I know that earlier in the thread a different tube was recommended, psvane tube (see page 6 of the thread), which I have ordered and am waiting for. 
Anything else that has impressed?

I am currently using the original EE DAC tube with all my mods. :wink:

Apr 20, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #1,049 of 1,148
Hi everyone,

I just got a EE minimax plus today and was installing the drivers for Windows 7 hm 64 bit.
The drivers i got from eeaudio.com was not working well. Bill, from EE told me he's a Mac user and could not provide me with any solutions.
Thou the USB is not really the most important but I would love to have it working connected to my PC.
Any kind souls can advise me on where i can get the proper drivers?

Thanks alot!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back