Easily managing playlists/.pls, Astell & Kern Jr?
Aug 10, 2017 at 1:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Asphodel

New Head-Fier
Hello, again; I'd like to ask how to efficiently and easily manage playlists on the A&K Jr.
I'm sure somebody out there knows of a program that efficiently synchs things up, and there's likely no better place to ask then here, so...

Hopefully, this title'll be un-vague enough that future users'll be able to track it down easily enough...

Aug 16, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #2 of 3
I'd like to bump this post; to avoid it just being useless whinging, though, here's what I've discovered so far, in case other people end up looking for information!

Musicbee: Can copy files over just fine; preserving file structure seems to create files that work the best with gapless playback, though you'll still get some delay. Playlists can be exported as PLS, but only on their own - not when you're syncing a playlist.
Unfortunately, syncing a playlist, loading it in Musicbee, and then exporting it as a PLS doesn't seem to work. Everything is greyed out and useless.

Foobar: No option to export as PLS. Useless.

Winamp: Supposedly, there's a way to export playlists as PLS and synch music/folder structure, but I've yet to find either. Attempts to use (horribly outdated) plugins have also yielded nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back