EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread
Jul 1, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #1,411 of 1,544
Having heard the omega demo, I must say that 'different', and not 'better'  would be the word that I'll use to describe the Omega in comparison to the R. Personally I favor the R way above the Omega, as I found the sub base extension and presence a tad bit too much for my liking (heck, I even find the R slightly too bass orientated to be what I'd call perfect). The sub bass was like a haze filter that added too much colouration to the songs, and at times even interfered with the presentation of the mids. Its a presentation that bass heads will adore, but given my preference for dead flat neutrality (UERM), the Omega was completely out of my strike zone. 

But I must say that in the Omega's favor, the sheer depth and width of its soundstage is nothing short of an improvement over the R. But this comes at the cost of a slightly more recessed mids (especially vocals), and currently I still find myself hesitating to pull the trigger on an upgrade to the omega. 

To me now, an ideal Omega would be one that maintains its soundstage without the emphasis in the sub bass, or rather a R with an enhanced soundstage. 

Jul 1, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #1,412 of 1,544
Having heard the omega demo, I must say that 'different', and not 'better'  would be the word that I'll use to describe the Omega in comparison to the R. Personally I favor the R way above the Omega, as I found the sub base extension and presence a tad bit too much for my liking (heck, I even find the R slightly too bass orientated to be what I'd call perfect). The sub bass was like a haze filter that added too much colouration to the songs, and at times even interfered with the presentation of the mids. Its a presentation that bass heads will adore, but given my preference for dead flat neutrality (UERM), the Omega was completely out of my strike zone. 

But I must say that in the Omega's favor, the sheer depth and width of its soundstage is nothing short of an improvement over the R. But this comes at the cost of a slightly more recessed mids (especially vocals), and currently I still find myself hesitating to pull the trigger on an upgrade to the omega. 

To me now, an ideal Omega would be one that maintains its soundstage without the emphasis in the sub bass, or rather a R with an enhanced soundstage. 

Thank you for sharing impressions about Legends. That's interesting.

Well, I am not sure, but Omega sound may change with custom version. Tips can cause dramatic difference in sound. However, demo versions would give a general idea about earphones surely.

Jul 7, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #1,413 of 1,544
Just ordered a universal supra II (customs and I seem to not get along).  I'd been thinking about them for awhile and with the combination of a summersale, and the fact that they now have a few combinations in stock for shipping I took the plunge.  Went for the Blue Red combination.  Fingers crossed I don't get hit for taxes.  I took the slower option (6-12 usps international) as I believe dhl though quicker would lead to taxes :frowning2:  I didn't go for linum this time as I find it just tangles too much.

Jul 8, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #1,414 of 1,544
Just ordered a universal supra II (customs and I seem to not get along).  I'd been thinking about them for awhile and with the combination of a summersale, and the fact that they now have a few combinations in stock for shipping I took the plunge.  Went for the Blue Red combination.  Fingers crossed I don't get hit for taxes.  I took the slower option (6-12 usps international) as I believe dhl though quicker would lead to taxes :frowning2:  I didn't go for linum this time as I find it just tangles too much.

I hope you like Supra 2. Happy listening.

Jul 8, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #1,415 of 1,544

There was another member from Europe who said he got away from the heavy hand of tax/duties, and he was thankful of Jack for it.

After talking to Jack, I got confident enough to also go through with it. My Omegas came yesterday. When I had placed my order, I had picked the least expensive shipping option. I upgraded to DHL last week, paying a bit more. Well Jack delivered on his part, and I only paid about 32euros total to DHL.be for the custom duties/fees/vat. I was a on the safe side and had the 400+euros at the ready in case of full formula application to my shipment but I'm super glad it didn't happen.

Jul 8, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #1,416 of 1,544
  There was another member from Europe who said he got away from the heavy hand of tax/duties, and he was thankful of Jack for it.

After talking to Jack, I got confident enough to also go through with it. My Omegas came yesterday. When I had placed my order, I had picked the least expensive shipping option. I upgraded to DHL last week, paying a bit more. Well Jack delivered on his part, and I only paid about 32euros total to DHL.be for the custom duties/fees/vat. I was a on the safe side and had the 400+euros at the ready in case of full formula application to my shipment but I'm super glad it didn't happen.

Nice to hear!  Mine have already shipped so I guess I'll find out in about a week or so :)

Jul 8, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #1,417 of 1,544
Jack sent me a very nice little personal message yesterday just to say hi after I ordered a pair of spinfits from Earwerkz last week.

The biggest challenge for a company's customer service is the test of time. Its great to see that guys at Earwerkz aren't faltering in the slightest!

Jul 8, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #1,418 of 1,544
Jack sent me a very nice little personal message yesterday just to say hi after I ordered a pair of spinfits from Earwerkz last week.

The biggest challenge for a company's customer service is the test of time. Its great to see that guys at Earwerkz aren't faltering in the slightest!

+1
:beerchug: Jack

Jul 9, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #1,420 of 1,544
  Yeah, I got away with it. The first time ever I evaded paying tax for something coming out of EU by DHL.

Got away with it too. Even twice :wink:
Both with my Legend R and my PENTA.

Jul 9, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #1,421 of 1,544
  Yeah, I got away with it. The first time ever I evaded paying tax for something coming out of EU by DHL.

Got away with it too. Even twice :wink:
Both with my Legend R and my PENTA.

Now you lot tell me :p   Still a little waiting doesn't hurt anyone, right??    Doesn't help the limited usps tracking is completely bloody useless though!

Jul 9, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #1,422 of 1,544

Now you lot tell me :p   Still a little waiting doesn't hurt anyone, right??    Doesn't help the limited usps tracking is completely bloody useless though!

this was the first time I was using DHL. Tracking was great and the shipping time even better. Picked up Thursday evenin, Monday delivered (was held because I was dumb forgot to pay the custom duties online in the morning quickly enough, so had to reschedule for Tuesday mornin).

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #1,423 of 1,544
Hi

Just checked tracking to see it's been updated for my supra II.  Seem's it's left Heathrow this morning at 11:45 (which rather surprised me).  Wonder if that means I'll get it tomorrow?  If it does that means it will have been 5 days which isn't bad at all.  Also wonder if that means I've escaped taxes if it's been processed that quick?  Have to wait and see I suppose.

Cheers.

Jul 13, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #1,424 of 1,544
so you would have had to pay 400 euros tax? insane, talk about killing an economy.  That's a huge incentive to not order something.  screwed up.

Jul 13, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #1,425 of 1,544
  so you would have had to pay 400 euros tax? insane, talk about killing an economy.  That's a huge incentive to not order something.  screwed up.

No idea tbh on how much I would (might?) have (to!) paid (and uk has the pound which would make 400 euro £284!).  It is a factor when deciding whether to order something no matter how good the sound.  Sadly it didn't turn up today so guessing tomorrow or wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back