Earthquake in New Zealand...
Feb 22, 2011 at 11:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ArmAndHammer

Headphoneus Supremus
I just recently sold a pair of K701's to a member that lives in Christchurch, New Zealand. For those that haven't heard...there was a pretty bad earthquake there today and quite a few people were killed and many more still missing. So I just wanted to send some thoughts out to everyone over there and to fellow Head-Fi member dragoonv. 

Feb 22, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #3 of 6
Might I direct you to http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/510641/me-and-fraseyboy-are-ok-earthquake/75

Me and chinesekiwi are quite lucky to be living over this side of town. People in the northern suburbs were far worse affected (water rose up from the ground and flooded houses then left silt and dirt everywhere) not to mention those over in Lyttleton (very close to where it was centered) and the central city where a few large buildings collapsed.

Some of you may remember the magnitude 7.1 earthquake which struck us in September. Since then we've had almost 5000 aftershocks and yesterdays 6.3 which caused all the destruction was apparently just another massive aftershock. Because of it's depth (very shallow) and the time it struck (the September quake was at 4am so nobody was in the city) it is a hell of a lot worse than the higher magnitude September one.

I don't know where dragoonv is but I hope he/she is ok. 

Feb 22, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #4 of 6
Damn...I hope things calm down for you guys.

Feb 24, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #5 of 6
Sending all of you a big Kiwi shout out for good luck and and all the best!   I have family outside Christchurch and they're all well, but sick about everyone who has been terribly affected.   A tragic loss of lives.   We hold you close, Island boys and girls.....

Feb 25, 2011 at 6:02 AM Post #6 of 6
My sister went to uni in Christchurch 2 weeks before the earthquake hit. Now back at home agian for at least 3 weeks. Thankfully she is ok, but understandably shaken for an 18 year old away from home for the first time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back