EarStudio ES100MK2 is now available
Nov 7, 2019 at 1:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

radsone

Member of the Trade: Radsone / EarStudio
We are pleased to announce the launch of ES100MK2! It is available now at Amazon.com.

What's New
✔️ Solid Shirt Clip
✔️ Scratch-Resistant Coating
✔️ Clear LED Color
✔️ Better Button Finish
✔️ Enchanting Midnight Blue

>> https://amzn.to/2ZcxkKQ

DijhoQs.jpg

• Comparisons between ES100 and ES100MK2
uFHzaUoV4DVfUSoaWmqwvOQsW1sn6vY8dlAle6wbgKR-kG-EMGf7uW6Ri6P4F-ZfUlkhovXGz7T65-VDuTtEZykdNwGJEQjDKB4FHH2fuTWLh8Od1-aWckRsoeK6Zd77j11vLxHd

• The clip is dual-structured so that it's more solid and stable.
KsJmJZ4TKK9q-pQ7MedL23Imh3b_Z_EPg9du7hyj-t8449WCaMCS1s2wOfbiysBgcpDvEIizJ2BRZWvnnnPxk2-86qgca5ceBBDKMrHzwXzYhzR98DDRYdunsE2nCl6_dhikWXIh

s15R0m5

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #2 of 38
Interesting. Any significant changes to the audio circuitry?

Nov 7, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #5 of 38
Is it still completely made out of plastic?

Nov 7, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #7 of 38
oh. GREAT!

I think we need more pics.

I'm curious about the buttons finish....are they a little more outside the body and clicky too??

For the LED, that was needed....in day light i was struggling to see it.

Anti scratch body is a very good idea plus.

its nice that you listen to your fans!

Long life to EARSTUDIO!!

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #13 of 38
Metal would not be good for reception, glass would be heavier.

Yes. But others (Fiio for example) have implemented these materials well. Though I must admit the new ES100 looks definitely sturdier than the old one and the choice of (still) plastic makes sense, I was hoping for higher quality materials and haptics. It still looks a bit „cheap“ to me. But, well, it’s „only“ design and I still love it as a device.

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #14 of 38
Yes. But others (Fiio for example) have implemented these materials well. Though I must admit the new ES100 looks definitely sturdier than the old one and the choice of (still) plastic makes sense, I was hoping for higher quality materials and haptics. It still looks a bit „cheap“ to me. But, well, it’s „only“ design and I still love it as a device.

For some parts of my signal chain, I really want build quality. But for what the ES100 does, minimal mass is where it’s at. And sure, it would be cool if that featherweight build was accomplished with carbon fiber and titanium. But that stuff is really expensive.

It’s not a conspicuous consumption device. It’s a device that makes smart compromises in order to make good sound portable—at a good price. I have zero temptation to pay more to get the same audio performance with swankier materials.

Nov 8, 2019 at 11:50 PM Post #15 of 38
For some parts of my signal chain, I really want build quality. But for what the ES100 does, minimal mass is where it’s at. And sure, it would be cool if that featherweight build was accomplished with carbon fiber and titanium. But that stuff is really expensive.

It’s not a conspicuous consumption device. It’s a device that makes smart compromises in order to make good sound portable—at a good price. I have zero temptation to pay more to get the same audio performance with swankier materials.

So for which part of your audio chain would you want build quality then?

If you ask me, that question basically is the same for all „portable audio“ devices. No matter whether it’s dongles, daps, portable amps or IEMs. If you really think about it, from a logical standpoint something like the SP1000 or metal built IEMs really do not make much sense. They could also be built from lighter materials while still sounding (almost) the same. Though, nice haptics represent an (maybe emotional) part of our hobby, don’t they? I used the ES100 for two years now and still really it, though I might switch the BTR5 soon. Just because it fascinates me a lot more. And I feel its size and weight is still really ok at around the same price as the ES100.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back