EarStudio ES100MK2 is now available
Nov 9, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #16 of 38
The next revision make the audio jack at the bottom, most people don't use a right angle connectors and straight angle connectors will tilt the hell out of the amp.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #17 of 38
So for which part of your audio chain would you want build quality then?

If you ask me, that question basically is the same for all „portable audio“ devices. No matter whether it’s dongles, daps, portable amps or IEMs. If you really think about it, from a logical standpoint something like the SP1000 or metal built IEMs really do not make much sense. They could also be built from lighter materials while still sounding (almost) the same. Though, nice haptics represent an (maybe emotional) part of our hobby, don’t they? I used the ES100 for two years now and still really it, though I might switch the BTR5 soon. Just because it fascinates me a lot more. And I feel its size and weight is still really ok at around the same price as the ES100.

Well, I use my phone as my DAP (hence the ES100), and don’t own any metal IEMs. But I definitely want build quality out of any headphones/earphones, DACs, amps and audio cables (but I don’t need my USB cables to be any good). I would never buy a DAC/amp or headphone with a plasticky build.

But the ES100’s job is basically to disappear. I’d even be into a version that didn’t have any hardware controls or mic. Every couple of workouts, I accidentally skip a track or adjust the volume by pressing buttons that project from the surface. A version of the ES100 that does nothing but make my cable longer, where all the controls are software controls on the app, would be awesome.

Nov 9, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #18 of 38
We are pleased to announce the launch of ES100MK2! It is available now at Amazon.com.

What's New
✔️ Solid Shirt Clip
✔️ Scratch-Resistant Coating
✔️ Clear LED Color
✔️ Better Button Finish
✔️ Enchanting Midnight Blue

>> https://amzn.to/2ZcxkKQ

• Comparisons between ES100 and ES100MK2
  • The clip is dual-structured so that it's more solid and stable.
KsJmJZ4TKK9q-pQ7MedL23Imh3b_Z_EPg9du7hyj-t8449WCaMCS1s2wOfbiysBgcpDvEIizJ2BRZWvnnnPxk2-86qgca5ceBBDKMrHzwXzYhzR98DDRYdunsE2nCl6_dhikWXIh

s15R0m5

Has the joint on the shirt clip been improved? Mine broke quite quickly on the MK1

Nov 12, 2019 at 3:34 AM Post #20 of 38
iI love my ES100 but I would really love to use it as a USB DAC LDAC transmitter.as the new Fiio does and the AP80 does. I've got a couple of LDAC capable headphones now and high quality ttx to them would take your awesome product to the stratosphere in this wonderful wireless world. Could you also do UAT and HWA as well?

Nov 12, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #21 of 38
Hello, we are giving out a 30% discount coupon on HE100 exclusive for ES100 Users!
Please follow the link below and fill out the form. We will send 30% off Amazon promo code on HE100 High-Resolution Earphones by email on November 19th.

▶️Link: http://bit.ly/2KhbsFw
▶️Event period: 11/12(Tue) ~ 11/16(Sat)
▶️For whom: Amazon US, Amazon Japan users
▶️Coupon will be sent by email on 11/19(Tue)

✔️Check out some review on HE100
▶️Major Hifi: https://majorhifi.com/radsone-earstudio-he100-review/
▶️Prime Audio: https://primeaudio.org/radsone-earstudio-he100-review/

*This event is only for Amazon US and Japan. We will do giveaway for other Amazon stores soon.

Nov 12, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #22 of 38
Why would any ES100 user want an IEM without a removable cable? In the app, the mfgr lauds the better sound using the 2.5mm port over the 3.5. This image only highlights the inadequacy of this product. The unused port is just screaming. "USE ME!"..

Nov 13, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #23 of 38
Why would any ES100 user want an IEM without a removable cable? In the app, the mfgr lauds the better sound using the 2.5mm port over the 3.5. This image only highlights the inadequacy of this product. The unused port is just screaming. "USE ME!"..

perhaps they have one in the works. the he100s are no joke. i am new to headgear but these are my goto default earphones for all occasions.

Nov 20, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #28 of 38
Yes. But others (Fiio for example) have implemented these materials well. Though I must admit the new ES100 looks definitely sturdier than the old one and the choice of (still) plastic makes sense, I was hoping for higher quality materials and haptics. It still looks a bit „cheap“ to me. But, well, it’s „only“ design and I still love it as a device.
I'm with you in that something like the btr3 (and I assume btr5) looks and feels like it's made out of better materials but unfortunately at the expense of weight. It's a tuff balancing act for both companies.
I have the btr3 and three es100's (which I use all day/every day) and for at least t-shirts, when clipped on the collar the btr3 annoyingly flops around (as I move) and stretches/wrinkles the shirt whereas the es100 I almost forget it's there (unless I have a heavy cable). I mostly use short balance cables.
The slick and pretty glass on the btr3 is a bear to grip when clipping on my collar. The dang thing is so slick to the touch that it slips out of my hand (and hits the hardest surface it can find). From time to time the es100(s) get dropped also but that's my own fault.
I mostly use the es100's and they have survived almost a year's worth of heavy use. For me they have proven more than durable.

For some parts of my signal chain, I really want build quality. But for what the ES100 does, minimal mass is where it’s at. And sure, it would be cool if that featherweight build was accomplished with carbon fiber and titanium. But that stuff is really expensive.

It’s not a conspicuous consumption device. It’s a device that makes smart compromises in order to make good sound portable—at a good price. I have zero temptation to pay more to get the same audio performance with swankier materials.
Totally agree :)

Like a small lanyard attachment point....
Oh wait .... drill a small hole in the belt clip!
61rKwrrRdkL._SL1500_1400x.jpg
I don't know why there's a need to drill a hole for a lanyard when there is already a lanyard attachment slot.
Plz don't drill a hole in that plastic it is just begging to crack/split. :)

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019 at 3:42 AM Post #30 of 38
I have the ES100 and the BTR3 and I like the latter more. I was hoping for an improved ES100, but this doesn't really solve the issues I have with the 1st gen. I'm glad to see that the clip is slightly improved and that the buttons are less recessed and will likely have more a distinctive "feel", but all the other issues are still there:

- High latency, mostly an issue when watching movies. No support for aptX LL or FastStream codecs.
- Bad ergonomics. Buttons are on exact opposing ends of the device, so if you try to press Next Track with your index finger, your thumb will also presses Volume Up. Same thing with Previous Track and Volume Down.
- MicroUSB port instead of Type-C
- Short battery life
- Clip is poorly designed. Its spring tension is too weak and when the device is attached to a collar it sits too high. For a much better clip design, see BlueAnt Ribbon (which otherwise can't sniff the ES100).
- Poor microphone quality and location (when clipped to a shirt it faces the floor instead of the mouth)
- Poor reliability. After 10 months of use the ES100 starting disconnecting for now reason after a few minutes, but oddly enough - after another month it's no longer happening. Is my ES100 moody? The warranty runs out in 2 weeks, but since I can't reproduce this issue any more I can't really RMA it. Hopefully it remains usable.

I'll wait for Mk3 before considering to upgrade...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back