EarSonics SM64 Universal IEM review
Jun 20, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #61 of 72
That's great.. I personally don't think the 5k suck out is that obvious or flaw enough for me to dump it. It's also good that you have it compared with TG344, though its not going to dethrone TG334 but for what it cost, it really punch above its weight and got into the ring with some of the very best universal iem.

Aug 9, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #62 of 72
Between this and the Heir Audio 4.A, what are the main differences. I know the heir is more neutral... and that its more balanced? I want something similar to my Gr07, maybe improving the mids and highs and  a little more bass. Will this do? I was also considering the 1964 V3

Aug 9, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #63 of 72
Between this and the Heir Audio 4.A, what are the main differences. I know the heir is more neutral... and that its more balanced? I want something similar to my Gr07, maybe improving the mids and highs and  a little more bass. Will this do? I was also considering the 1964 V3

I could swear that there is a comparison somewhere here...or in the other SM64 thread.

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #64 of 72
Quote:
I could swear that there is a comparison somewhere here...or in the other SM64 thread.

Probably in the other...Not sure though
size]

Jun 17, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #65 of 72
i own the mad dog v 3.2 and love that sound signature so I posted a thread asking for similar sound signature for iem so is the SM64 that close to mad dog.

I am looking for that same sound signature as mad dog so if the SM64 is not close to it please recommend me an ism that is close to it

i will be using iem with my fiio x3 amped by ifi ican nano

price to not be above 450 euro

Jul 27, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #66 of 72
average_joe, I've only read under "Sound" and "Summary" but excellent write-up, thanks! As usual I'm late to the party and it would seem the SM64 isn't getting much love or attention these days which seems a bit unfair to me. I've only had the SM64 for a couple of weeks, but I find it very musical and engaging, more so than perhaps my other IEMs. It seems to be able to recreate in me the same kind of emotional response that I often get with live music. Anyway, you write that "Clarity isn’t the best for the price point" which makes me wonder what ear tips you used as I do feel the stock foam tips affects clarity a bit .

Jul 27, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #67 of 72
  average_joe, I've only read under "Sound" and "Summary" but excellent write-up, thanks! As usual I'm late to the party and it would seem the SM64 isn't getting much love or attention these days which seems a bit unfair to me. I've only had the SM64 for a couple of weeks, but I find it very musical and engaging, more so than perhaps my other IEMs. It seems to be able to recreate in me the same kind of emotional response that I often get with live music. Anyway, you write that "Clarity isn’t the best for the price point" which makes me wonder what ear tips you used as I do feel the stock foam tips affects clarity a bit .

For those interested I should mention I've read the entire "Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread" and have made a summary of my lasting impressions of the thread here.

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #71 of 72
to those who wanted to sell / trade their used pair.
pls let me know via pm.
i have a dita truth / fad pfx for trade.

sorry for looking here.
i cant find one on the fs thread.

Jan 18, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #72 of 72
Hey guys, due to this page I purchased the earsonics sm64 it is a great iem but can anyone recommend a good dac/dap for me , I use it mainly at home from my phone and I think I def need a dac or amp, sorry I am new headfier , regarding the sm64 vs westone w40 I have heard both earsonics sm64 is smoother and bass extends further than w40 , my mate had both the w40 and w30 he choose the w30 , the w40 is decent iem I guess it just depends on the sound signature one is after

Users who are viewing this thread

Back