Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread
May 14, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #407 of 1,656
I actually have a pair of the white dampers and Etymotic tool that came with a trade I made recently, but I've never tried doing this before...
I didn't wanna take a chance and -f- anything up.
size]

May 14, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #408 of 1,656
I just saw a pic and it looks like the stock damper can be easily removed and replaced. The best thing to do will be send it to Rin if you're really interested as he can indentify the acoustics of the stock damper and be able to swap back to stock sound when desired. Not only that, specifics of what may be a better damper can be shown

May 15, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #409 of 1,656
The damper is at the tip of the nozzle. It used to be in the bottom. It should indeed be very easy to change. Would be great to have someone measure different ones :)

PS: to all EarSonics owners out there, buy the Westone Star/True Fit kit. The new Star tips are by far the best tips I´ve used with the SM64 so far. Compared to Shure silicon that I was using previously, there´s more treble without sacrificing the bass at all. Highly recommended. They are made for the 2mm Westone/Shure style nozzles, which the SM64 also uses.

May 15, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #410 of 1,656
PS: to all EarSonics owners out there, buy the Westone Star/True Fit kit. The new Star tips are by far the best tips I´ve used with the SM64 so far. Compared to Shure silicon that I was using previously, there´s more treble without sacrificing the bass at all. Highly recommended. They are made for the 2mm Westone/Shure style nozzles, which the SM64 also uses.

They seem to be favored by many, and not just in use with the SM64. Mine should arrive within the next few days.

May 15, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #411 of 1,656
Quote:

I agree. I use Westone Star tips on all of my Earsonics (SM1, SM2, SM3 & SM64) IEMs as well as Shure and Westone IEMs.

May 15, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #412 of 1,656
Quote:
I just saw a pic and it looks like the stock damper can be easily removed and replaced. The best thing to do will be send it to Rin if you're really interested as he can indentify the acoustics of the stock damper and be able to swap back to stock sound when desired. Not only that, specifics of what may be a better damper can be shown

I would've love to contribute to this, but unfortunately I will be unable to do this since my wallet just took a huge blow, and I'm selling my Sm64's.
size]

Btw, if any U.S. headfiers that missed out on the Soundearphones Sm64 $300 deal are still looking for a pair, I'm your guy...(shameless plug)

And yes, I use the Westone tips on my sm3 and sm64.

May 16, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #414 of 1,656
After trying numerous tips, including the Star tips, the Phonak tips are definitely my favorite (see post 383). 10 for $15 at earphonesolutions.com including free shipping.

May 16, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #415 of 1,656
I own the new westone tips but also the Sensorcom double flanges tips that work very well with my SM 64. Isolation is great and comfort is also very good...Highly recommanded....

May 16, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #416 of 1,656
After trying numerous tips, including the Star tips, the Phonak tips are definitely my favorite (see post 383). 10 for $15 at earphonesolutions.com including free shipping.

The Phonak tips are among the best I've also experienced, except I regretfully no longer own them. Their bore size is perfect, as is their first and seal. Thanks for the link. I might place an order, but only after giving the star tips a go.

May 17, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #418 of 1,656
Quote:
I've placed an order for the star tips myself. Fingers crossed they Pam out.

Well let us know how they "Pam " out. 
biggrin.gif

Everyone has a slightly different earshape, but I felt the silicones were about the same as the stock dual flange. I don't have issues with the stock tips other than a wish for slightly more isolation.

I really dig these headphones

May 17, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #419 of 1,656

You've got PM.

May 17, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #420 of 1,656
Quote:
Well let us know how they "Pam " out. 
biggrin.gif

Everyone has a slightly different earshape, but I felt the silicones were about the same as the stock dual flange. I don't have issues with the stock tips other than a wish for slightly more isolation.

I really dig these headphones

Don't worry I'll check back, hopefully soon. Until then, I'm going to throw my SM64's aside for awhile until the new tips come. I like the sig, especially with electronica, but I don't think the sig I'm getting is the one Earsonics intended.

P.S.
Pam says hi
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back