EarSonics SM3 Appreciation, Discussion, & Review Thread - Technically Best Universal? (see first post for reviews and info)
Jul 9, 2010 at 12:16 PM Post #2,101 of 2,831
I guess that if nothing else, this affair just goes to show the almighty conquering Force power of the Darth SM3s.

Jul 9, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #2,102 of 2,831
Hehe! Guess I'll have to wait a while before I put them on sale
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #2,103 of 2,831

Quote:
I guess that if nothing else, this affair just goes to show the almighty conquering Force power of the Darth SM3s.

LOL I think I was indeed possessed by the SM3! Now I can't get rid of these evil things! Any magicians on here who can free me from the spell? Actually never mind.
very_evil_smiley.gif

@ Rip N' Burn: I strongly recommend selling your Westone 3 and getting the EarSonics SM3 - you won't miss the Westones at all IMO. SM3 is better in every single way to my ears, so there's really no point in keeping those W3s. Just sell them and get the brand new SM3 directly from EarSonics with the new revised shell and new silicone tips and all.

Just my 2 cents of course.

Jul 9, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #2,104 of 2,831
Hey, he said he was going to give me extra cash. I didn't ask for it or demand it. I'm glad I got my money back but I would rather have the SM3 and was stoked that I was finally going to hear them. All I'm asking for is to be true to your word and nothing else. I'm not a greed monster trying to extort some extra cash.

Quote:
ok you want us to be fair and judgemental?pianist was wrong and you are greedy.
you shouldnt accept the money.its not like you crossed half the country to take the sm3,you transfared money via paypal which should take no time.$50 for wasting your time by pressing enter on the keyboard???

Jul 9, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #2,105 of 2,831

Quote:
LOL I think I was indeed possessed by the SM3! Now I can't get rid of these evil things! Any magicians on here who can free me from the spell? Actually never mind.
very_evil_smiley.gif

@ Rip N' Burn: I strongly recommend selling your Westone 3 and getting the EarSonics SM3 - you won't miss the Westones at all. SM3 is better in every single way to my ears, so there's really no point in keeping those W3s. Just sell them and get the brand new SM3 directly from EarSonics with the new revised shell and new silicone tips and all.

Get the new Se535, and get a pair custom tips. It should fit both sm3 and 535 without problem.

Jul 9, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #2,106 of 2,831
Is it possible for someone with an SM3 to put up a pic of the Y-split area (while wearing over the ears and in front)? For reference, I've tried the UM3X and W3 and although the Y is pretty high up, it is still bearable. But some posts here suggest to me that the SM3's Y-split might be even higher up. I hope that isn't the case.

Jul 9, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #2,108 of 2,831
Quote:
Hey, he said he was going to give me extra cash. I didn't ask for it or demand it. I'm glad I got my money back but I would rather have the SM3 and was stoked that I was finally going to hear them. All I'm asking for is to be true to your word and nothing else. I'm not a greed monster trying to extort some extra cash.

Exactly. Rip N' Burn is right guys. Now, let's just forget this, OK? Sure you could easily start a chain of philosophical and ethical arguments as to who was right and who was wrong, but that won't take us anywhere. At the end of the day, the right one is the one who thinks that he is right and/or with whom somebody else agrees. It's just human nature.

Jul 9, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #2,109 of 2,831
Pianist, it would be great if you add the phrase 'based on my memory' whenever you do an indirect comparison between your current phones and those gone. In my opinion of course.

Jul 9, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #2,110 of 2,831

Quote:

i'll edit all my posts as i think it shouldnt belong to this thread and if you and pianist can please edit them too.the problem is solved.

Jul 9, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #2,111 of 2,831

Quote:
Pianist, it would be great if you add the phrase 'based on my memory' whenever you do an indirect comparison between your current phones and those gone. In my opinion of course.

Yeah you are right. Silly me!

Jul 9, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #2,112 of 2,831

Quote:
...  SM3 is like the difference between instant and proper ground coffee - you'll get a buzz from both, but you'll only get the full rich aroma and taste experience of a good cuppa from the latter...

Since when is a cuppa a cup of coffee? It's always been a cup of tea as far as I know.

On the subject of the transaction gone wrong I think the seller ought to have honoured the sale once money exchanged hands - end of story. If that meant having to get a second pair of SM3s then that's the price to pay for such a mistake; this would also be a good lesson in NOT making rushed decisions in life. Also, the delay in shipping & contact with the buyer, and the buyer finding out first on this thread rather than through the proper channels is adding insult to injury.

Seeing the seller's feedback and having 2 transactions gone wrong I'd definitely hesitate to buy from or sell to him.

Jul 9, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #2,113 of 2,831

Quote:
Since when is a cuppa a cup of coffee? It's always been a cup of tea as far as I know.

On the subject of the transaction gone wrong I think the seller ought to have honoured the sale once money exchanged hands - end of story. If that meant having to get a second pair of SM3s then that's the price to pay for such a mistake; this would also be a good lesson in NOT making rushed decisions in life. Also, the delay in shipping & contact with the buyer, and the buyer finding out first on this thread rather than through the proper channels is adding insult to injury.

Seeing the seller's feedback and having 2 transactions gone wrong I'd definitely hesitate to buy from or sell to him.

Ok, in response to your concerns, I've decided to change the rule and to make it even more risky for me. See post # 22 my feedback
smile.gif

Jul 9, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #2,114 of 2,831

^^ I think neither rule really compensates what happened directly to Rip N' Burn. Also, with the so-called new rule you've just created I believe you're bringing unnecessary risk to your transactions; what if you sell to a newish member (or even a not so new one) and he/ she simply doesn't pay you the other half? I think better to pay for your mistake now, the right way, and carry on doing future business the proper way. This might be a better lesson in the long run.

Jul 9, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #2,115 of 2,831
Boy, this thread has got to contend for the #1 spot for drama here at head-fi!
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back