EarSonics SM3 Appreciation, Discussion, & Review Thread - Technically Best Universal? (see first post for reviews and info)
Jun 8, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #781 of 2,831

Quote:
Look at me! I am a loser. And always wearing a dunce cap. 

Not sure I follow?  What does a picture of you wearing a dunce cap, have to do with
top-tier charts? I'm sure you're a clown, and spend most of your time wearing it, but please keep
from derailing the thread with your boasting of being a dunce.

Keep it up, it will only escalate from here. Oh.....hire a writer, your trolling skills are weak.

Jun 8, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #783 of 2,831

Quote:
^^  I thought that was the new Bang and Olufsen headphones.

FAWK!...that was funny... but seriously, you know it must be a westone, since he seems to bash other brands, I must say however the hat (on him anyway) looks like skullcandy : )

Jun 8, 2010 at 4:53 AM Post #784 of 2,831
I own the Shure E500 and the Triple.fi 10. For the Shure I have customs that also fit on Westones IEM.
The E500 has wonderful mids, but the ultralow bassimpact and transparency in the hights is missing.
The UE TF10 is much more my cup of tea!!! I like the hights and the ultralow bassimpact. It´s soundsignature is a little like my Audio Technica ATH M50, which i like much (even over my Sennheiser HD 650).

I hear mostly Elektro an Rock, but also Chillout and Jazz (Female Singers). For Voices the E 500 is better than the Triple.fi, but I like the more involving sound of the triple.fi much more. It´s like I have to move my feed and Headbang when I listen ti the Triple.fi´s.

I am thinking on selling the E500 and buy the SM3, so I could use my customs and also have this moving-feet-sound of the triple.fis with better comfort.

Will I be dissapointed or will the SM3 be a step up from the triple.fis for my taste of soundsignature?
Can anyone who own both write a short comparison between Triple.fi and SM3?!
Thanks!!!

Jun 8, 2010 at 11:13 AM Post #785 of 2,831
Franck finally got back to me again today, and he'd emailed the tracking number incorrectly the first time. Sure took him a number of days to figure that out, after numerous emails of mine asking what was going on, and to double check the number. 

Hopefully they'll be in today. 

Jun 8, 2010 at 11:22 AM Post #787 of 2,831
Info from Franck paraphrased:

EarSonics had to redo their existing stock and ship back orders as well as new orders because of the changing of the plastic composition of the shell.  There will be short delays for this week and maybe the beginning of next week, about 2 to 3 days until the catch up.  In 2 weeks time all SM3s will be shipped just after the order. 

They apologize but thought it was necessary to make this changing of shell to offer the best product for customers.

And all the SM3 now shipped with a pair of silicon tips....

@ Anthonym: Post #2 in this thread

Jun 8, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #789 of 2,831

Quote:
Anyone who owns both fx700 and sm3, care to make comparison? It would be really interesting to read how fx700 perform compare to sm3.

I'd be happy to tackle that comparison in a while after I get them since apparently the SM3, despite being a BA earphone, requires some burn in time to reach their best. 

Jun 8, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #791 of 2,831

Quote:
cn11, will these be your only pair of BA earphones, or do you have some others lying around to compare them to?

I do have Triple.Fi 10's to compare with. They haven't seen much use lately though since I've run through the IE8, Monster MD, FX700, and now Radius DDM, liking each of those better. But I will do some listening with them to compare the two triple driver BA's. It'll be interesting to hear how triple driver IEM's have progressed. I'll let you know....

Jun 8, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #793 of 2,831

"Not sure I follow?  What does a picture of you wearing a dunce cap, have to do with

top-tier charts? I'm sure you're a clown, and spend most of your time wearing it, but please keep

from derailing the thread with your boasting of being a dunce.

Keep it up, it will only escalate from here. Oh.....hire a writer, your trolling skills are weak."

I'm available for hire Sumflow and my rates are very reasonable. Your first born or your soul should do nicely.

Jun 8, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #794 of 2,831

Quote:
Info from Franck paraphrased:

EarSonics had to redo their existing stock and ship back orders as well as new orders because of the changing of the plastic composition of the shell.  There will be short delays for this week and maybe the beginning of next week, about 2 to 3 days until the catch up.  In 2 weeks time all SM3s will be shipped just after the order. 

They apologize but thought it was necessary to make this changing of shell to offer the best product for customers.

And all the SM3 now shipped with a pair of silicon tips....

@ Anthonym: Post #2 in this thread

I ordered my SM3 just yesterday and after reading your post i emailed franck asking him about whether i could get this new silicon tips and he didn't answer me yet.
My order status is: processing.

Still waiting..

Jun 8, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #795 of 2,831
Mine came today, which is pretty fast, shipped on the 3rd.  Out of the box, nothing too exciting.  After they settle in I will post some impressions and comparisons with the UM3X, CK 10 etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back