Earsonics SM2 DLX Dual BA IEM Review and impressions thread
Aug 16, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #16 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are many reviews, but they are unfortunately, not available to the English speaking market as much. Many comparisons in French and a few in Russian!

that there may be but neither are terribly useful to me or i dare say many in the english speaking world

their customs could be interesting as would make things easier for those in europe, getting refits and such

Aug 16, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #17 of 52
you are right mark. i guess it is fair game that this board which is probably at least 80% american supports american brands by and large, but for companies like earsonics who have been playing the custom flute since like 2005 or 2004, it is probably tiring.

yes, and location is great for europeans. there are other european makers too though, england, germany, sweden...

Aug 16, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #18 of 52
Quote:

you are right mark. i guess it is fair game that this board which is probably at least 80% american supports american brands by and large, but for companies like earsonics who have been playing the custom flute since like 2005 or 2004, it is probably tiring.

yes, and location is great for europeans. there are other european makers too though, england, germany, sweden...

I agree with that, even with their extremely well done SM2 DLX, there's only a couple of us out there that's paying attention since no one knows about them, and at the hefty price when some people look at them, they run off already and say "i could get a pair of W3's with that..."

It's probably extremely hardwork for Earsonics to keep up, and make people know of them. Despite being around for 5-6 years now, i've only heard of them since early this year and it was coincidence as someone was selling a pair of SM2 in the FS category.

I have the SM2, and couldn't live happier without them, they are one of my best and favourite universals, i wouldn't sell these if someone offered me the retail. Keep up the goodwork ES!

Aug 16, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #19 of 52
Quote:

oh i wouldnt say its that overly american but it is that dominantly primarily english speaking.

really i think i would like to have more custom options than ACS as the bother of not getting a good fit with customs first go is common and shipping transatlantic back and forth is a major pain

btw there is a swedish custom IEM maker? i think we a need a tread listing all the custom IEM makers

Aug 16, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #20 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh i wouldnt say its that overly american but it is that dominantly primarily english speaking.

really i think i would like to have more custom options than ACS as the bother of not getting a good fit with customs first go is common and shipping transatlantic back and forth is a major pain

btw there is a swedish custom IEM maker? i think we a need a tread listing all the custom IEM makers

i don't think there is a Swedish one...UNLESS JAYS DECIDES TO MAKE CUSTOMS
biggrin.gif

there's Earsonics and INSONO from France....ACS from UK, a German one that i also can't recall right now, UM from China...Westone, Futuresonics, JHA, Ultimate Ears, Livewire, Alien Ears from US, Soundcage from Canada...

Any other's?

Aug 17, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #21 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i don't think there is a Swedish one...UNLESS JAYS DECIDES TO MAKE CUSTOMS
biggrin.gif

there's Earsonics and INSONO from France....ACS from UK, a German one that i also can't recall right now, UM from China...Westone, Futuresonics, JHA, Ultimate Ears, Livewire, Alien Ears from US, Soundcage from Canada...

Any other's?

However, most of the best fullsize headphones are manufacture outside the US... Japan, Germany, Austria. This forum should take non-US options for customs more seriously...

Aug 17, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #22 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyDebord /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However, most of the best fullsize headphones are manufacture outside the US... Japan, Germany, Austria. This forum should take non-US options for customs more seriously...

Definitely, but i think that's also because it's hard for US consumers to get their hands on non-US manufacturers. For example, INSONO, Earsonics, ACS and so on. There's only so many people out there that have these on this forum. But yes they do deserve attention and ALOT of it, if people are only hyping about JHA then there's a serious problem...cause i just cannot imagine how the EM3-PRO would sound from Earsonics if their lowest model, the SM2 is going head to head with the top of the line of Westone, the UM3X.

Aug 17, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #23 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyDebord /img/forum/go_quote.gif

point taken - my opinion was for custom iems only, but outside of that group, there are many well-respected non-american brands: audeo, yuin, sennheiser, audio technica... the list goes on.

Aug 18, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #27 of 52
yeah, well the big ones won't fit anyone i assume. i just got my order: 3 of each size and some foamies too which I find work very well with earphones of any type. too bad though, i have a sore now... so I'll just stay away from in ears for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back