EarSonics S-EM6 & S-EM6v2 Six driver universal IEM
Aug 18, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #571 of 690
  Very beautiful S-em 6 packaging comming with new commands...

Looks like the packaging is finally going to match the price tag
popcorn.gif

I would sell my soul to try the S-EM6...

Aug 18, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #572 of 690
  I'm really curious how these compare to the Sennheiser IE800 and Shure SE846. I'm trying to shop for an upper tier IEM right now.

Already read Joes review?
http://theheadphonelist.com/ciem_review/earsonics-s-em6-crystal-edition-universal-fit-ciem-review/

Here is his short IE800 comparison:
 Sennheiser IE800: The IE800 vs. the S-EM6 is similar to many other BA vs. dynamic driver comparisons, as both perform very well and have characteristic differences.  The IE800 is smoother, but in being so gives up detail and resolution.  Soundstage width is similar, but the S-EM6 has superior depth of presentation, making the IE800 sound a bit flat in comparison.  The S-EM6 is more mid-forward with a bit better coherence and transparency.  Tonally, the IE800’s smoother treble and more neutral bass lead to a bit more natural sound overall, but the S-EM6 is more punchy and fun while still retaining a good tonality.  The IE800 is very enjoyable, but is a bit V-shaped in comparison, although it will appeal more to fans of “neutral” while the S-EM6 presents additional information from recordings and a more engaging presentation.

Aug 18, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #573 of 690
  Already read Joes review?
http://theheadphonelist.com/ciem_review/earsonics-s-em6-crystal-edition-universal-fit-ciem-review/

Here is his short IE800 comparison:

I couldn't disagree with this more. The S-EM6 is an incredibly veiled sounding IEM. The IE800, and most other top tier IEMs I've heard, are ahead of the S-EM6 in terms of resolution and apparent detail. It sounds like the sonic equivalent of sheep's wool, while the IE800 sounds like a polished diamond in comparison.

I don't talk much about the S-EM6 so it doesn't sound like I have a vendetta against Earsonics, but it's simply not a good purchase. My mini-impressions of it:

I really dislike the S-EM6. It sounds to me like someone covered the nozzle with thick pieces of wool. Pure, farm fresh sheep wool. 

The bass is bloated, loose, and lacks definition. The treble seems to have studied at the school of Houdini, because it's very proficient at pulling disappearing acts. The only saving grace of the entire IEM is that is has very nice creamy lower mids. The upper mids are stifled though.

I know I'm being harsh, but this iem should not cost anything close to $1000. The XBA-H3 is a great deal more technically proficient than than the S-EM6, carrying more detail, less bloat in the bass, and and a much larger soundstage, all for a third of the price. The S-EM6 makes my blood boil every time I listen to it and A/B it to other iems.

If you want a more technically proficient S-EM6, look into the InEar SD3 or the Cardas Ear Mirrors. Both of them cost less than half the S-EM6's asking price.

Aug 18, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #574 of 690

I couldn't disagree with this more. The S-EM6 is an incredibly veiled sounding IEM. The IE800, and most other top tier IEMs I've heard, are ahead of the S-EM6 in terms of resolution and apparent detail. It sounds like the sonic equivalent of sheep's wool, while the IE800 sounds like a polished diamond in comparison.

I don't talk much about the S-EM6 so it doesn't sound like I have a vendetta against Earsonics, but it's simply not a good purchase. My mini-impressions of it:

Noticed. Always nice to have all sorts of impressions here!

You might want to put a "IMO" behind the "...but it's simply not a good purchase". Has a very...definite vibe to it. This way it would sound less like you are accusing people of buying and liking crap.

Aug 19, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #577 of 690

Think you got a dud EM6. I've heard they are quite capable technically
SM64 was excellent when I heard it, I'm sure EM6 would be a stepup considering the price

Aug 19, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #578 of 690
help I have Dunu DN1000, earsonics with ~ EM6, I want to sell sem6, and buy Westone w 60 or Shure se846, whether they will be better than sem6, I want good bass, crystal-clear sound and deep wide scene

Aug 19, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #579 of 690
  Think you got a dud EM6. I've heard they are quite capable technically
SM64 was excellent when I heard it, I'm sure EM6 would be a stepup considering the price

Nope. The pair I got was replaced with a Crystal version to make sure it wasn't faulty. Same result.

Either way, I don't think there's much more I can say.

Aug 21, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #580 of 690
I have too many IEMs including most of TOTL, and I use them like 3-5hours or even 7 or more consecutive hours maximum per day, so I am in a way a serious listner.
And recently that person has very intensely compared those once again with SE846, K3003 and W60.

NO others make sound like S-EM6 so at first the feeling may be strange but still I am definite that the sound is superb as it is, usually after a short while. Once the feeling is settled, these for me are the best.

TURN THE VOLUME UP to use these properly.

If anyone still doesn't like it, that is fine and just stay away.

Sorry that I have no time and energy to write any review type of stuff :)

Warning: The above is personal opinion and people may feel differently because we are all human

Aug 21, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #581 of 690
Tyojpn, I am in the same boat. S-EM6 requires a lot of time for ear adjustment and should be listened louder than others. Much better than Shure 846, K3003. Will do an A/B with Universal Roxanne soon. Its on par technically with 1plus2 although with different sound signatures.

Aug 22, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #582 of 690
Tyojpn, I am in the same boat. S-EM6 requires a lot of time for ear adjustment and should be listened louder than others. Much better than Shure 846, K3003. Will do an A/B with Universal Roxanne soon. Its on par technically with 1plus2 although with different sound signatures.

Yeah just my analysis but S-EM6's sound never directly hard hit our ears as though it is coming from certain distance away.
Thus I need to pump up the volume to retrieve ideal sound balance, but then magically the sound is still never felt to be annoying. In stead it just gets better and better.

SE846 with normal cable sound like they are opposite of S-EM6, and their sound does strike my ears directly, and for me that is sometimes difficult to stand because I want to enjoy music in more relaxed manner.
I would rather chose SE846 for monitoring purpose, unless they are paired with high quality cable that can widen sound stage to relax the tension.

I am quite certain that there is a reason behind some people being tempted to make really bad comment on S-EM6, while some others (I presume are often quite experienced IEM users) make remarkably positive statements.

It is the uniqueness.

S-EM6 sound weird and it is like hearing through a concrete wall ?
Well this is a matter of perception and I may in stead claim the weird is actually SE846 those sound like somebody screaming from 2 inches distance.

Nevertheless, in fact I also understand the good part of SE846 so will keep them, and use them whenever I feel necessary :)

Sep 17, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #583 of 690
Tere's a new product comming on 30 sept.

http://www.earsonics.com/

Sep 24, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #584 of 690
Simple question

Should I buy it for listening to electronic music especially trance music

buy or not ?

Thanks ...

*** I used before inear stage driver 3  , it was amazing but not comfortable so I want to upgrade with em6 , it looks very comfortable 

Sep 24, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #585 of 690
It depends the size of your concha, to me it's very comfortable but I prefer them with the Westone Star eartips. There are new eartips now, maybe they fit better with all ears. And yes, they really shine on EDM, trance, drum & bass. But, you have to know, the EM32 are bassier but clearer and much more detailed. The EM6 are energetic but the EM32 convey even more the power of the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back