EarSonics S-EM6 & S-EM6v2 Six driver universal IEM
Jul 16, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #557 of 690
Did anybody had a chance to compare westone UM50 pro with SEM6?

I went for S-EM6 after auditioned UM PRO 50 and S-EM6. IMO, both were on the warm and smooth side, a little bit dark for my taste. However, the latter had better transparency and soundstage. The build quality looked better too.

Aug 9, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #564 of 690
who has the best bass?

hey, if you ask the same thing in 846 thread, then they will of course say 846 is the best.

It seems you did ask 846 fans already for 3D issue, but I suggest you should better not try that in future just because it is meaningless.

I have both 846 and S-EM6.  My preference is S-EM6 because 846 sound is very neat but to me not enjoyable.

Shure and Earsonics are making IEMs under different philosophies so the outcome is very different.

The good part is that we can always chose whichever we like.

Aug 11, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #566 of 690
  I'm really curious how these compare to the Sennheiser IE800 and Shure SE846. I'm trying to shop for an upper tier IEM right now.

Every music I hear with S-EM6 is felt to be kind of romantic and musical... my senses are fully dragged into music.
There must be something special which is hard to explain.

This means S-EM6 are not for listeners who look for an ordinary audiophile tool, or critics who want to talk about phones by ABing and looking at graph charts. SE846 is a perfect winner in those regards because they can more calmly reproduce what is recorded.
Look around internet and you will find so many SE846 lovers who claim S-EM6 is just useless. At first I was surprised but now I find it interesting.

I only have a little experience with IE800 so I can't tell much about their sound.
One thing to note is that the cable is very stiff and microphonic sound is hard to tolerate... obviously those are not designed to be used on stage or any other situation where we walk around, so in my case I had to drop them off my list from this perspective, although the sound itself was quite impressive.

Aug 11, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #567 of 690
  I'm really curious how these compare to the Sennheiser IE800 and Shure SE846. I'm trying to shop for an upper tier IEM right now.

Well,doesn't matter if this is s-em6 thread,s-em6 is still clearly the winner.I heard these 3 iems and I gotta say s-em6 has the highest quality sound,more realistic vocal,not sparky highs,bass with nice impact,and the clearest sound while its a bit dark compare to the other two.Hope this helps

Aug 15, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #568 of 690

I have tried all these 3 before and owned 2 of them.

Frankly, I would not regards 846 in the same level with IE800 or SEM6. The coloring of vocal is simply too much for my taste.

Between IE800 and SEM6, both are very nice and hard to drive. I have fittings issues with IE800 and finally let it go. Some other players use a semi-mould to fit in the IE800 and advised elimination of its fitting issues.

Aug 15, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #569 of 690
I have tried all these 3 before and owned 2 of them.

Frankly, I would not regards 846 in the same level with IE800 or SEM6. The coloring of vocal is simply too much for my taste.

Between IE800 and SEM6, both are very nice and hard to drive. I have fittings issues with IE800 and finally let it go. Some other players use a semi-mould to fit in the IE800 and advised elimination of its fitting issues.

Agree on vocal issue.

Something with SE846 is not right for me and I have been having hard time trying to like it.
Many people call it very detailed or accurate and may be that is true (I never know) but anyway I don't like it.

S-EM6 is truly enjoyable.

Try W60 if you have chance. They are somewhere between SE846 and S-EM6 very roughly speaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back