EarSonics S-EM6 & S-EM6v2 Six driver universal IEM
Apr 4, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #467 of 690
but keep in mind please dont put high expectation on it it's not 'that' good but better than all the es iems from sm1 to s-em6(v1) imo :) I wonder if you could buy red and we can make a trade?cause I sent mine back and they could only replace me with a crystal,its great if you can buy red then we could exchange.

Apr 5, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #468 of 690
I don't think anyone has the fabled red edition in stock yet.  Seems to have been so limited they forgot to send it out!

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #469 of 690
Switched back from silver coated pure copper to the stock cable.

Actually the balance is best with stock cable and it is really good for extensive hours of listening.

Also, as an owner of all of them, I have been seriously comparing this with another TOL SE846 and K3003.

Once again this is the smoothest in sound, the widest in sound stage, and may be the sexiest in vocal presentation.

Not that much darker, at least compared to SE846 or K3003.

Although this is categorized as "for audiophiles" in their website, this is still within a typical stage monitoring IEM design I believe.

This is the very opposite of "WOW this is as though I am using open-aired full size cans!!!" type of sound, but let your brain adjust and you will know what I mean.

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #470 of 690
Switched back from silver coated pure copper to the stock cable.

Actually the balance is best with stock cable and it is really good for extensive hours of listening.

Also, as an owner of all of them, I have been seriously comparing this with another TOL SE846 and K3003.

Once again this is the smoothest in sound, the widest in sound stage, and may be the sexiest in vocal presentation.

Not that much darker, at least compared to SE846 or K3003.

Although this is categorized as "for audiophiles" in their website, this is still within a typical stage monitoring IEM design I believe.

This is the very opposite of "WOW this is as though I am using open-aired full size cans!!!" type of sound, but let your brain adjust and you will know what I mean.

I hope you can try pure silver on it as it sounds a bit less dark and more clear.

Apr 13, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #472 of 690
I was not totally satisfied with westone startips although very good. I then bought futuresonics biflange and found the perfect fit for my S-EM6 and also opened up sound a little more. I have big ears and the biflanges provided by Earsonics are useless because of their small size.

Apr 15, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #475 of 690
Also very nice in blue... 
popcorn.gif

Apr 15, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #476 of 690
Apr 24, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #477 of 690
I just got the ibasso dx90 and of course one thing leads to another and I have started looking at possible upgrades on the IEM side :wink:  Currently I have the W4r. How would these compare?

@angelsblood I too have the Metrum octave and love its musical presentation, so I'm interested whether you would say the S-EM6 share a similarity here?

Apr 24, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #478 of 690
  I just got the ibasso dx90 and of course one thing leads to another and I have started looking at possible upgrades on the IEM side :wink:  Currently I have the W4r. How would these compare?

@angelsblood I too have the Metrum octave and love its musical presentation, so I'm interested whether you would say the S-EM6 share a similarity here?

Well to me..w4r is nowhere close to s-em6,and they aren't even in the same category..(even in joker's review website,not only imo) dx90 is kind of bright,should be fine with s-em6 but it's better with amp all the time.

Apr 24, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #479 of 690

Seeing you have the V200 paired with the octave, I think we have similar music preference, warm, lush and big sounds i presume? It does have similarity, it is musical with magical mids whilst retaining detail. It is perfect for female pop and classical crossovers, oh so romantic
smily_headphones1.gif
But I would bet you will be in for a surprise as to how dark the sem6 seem at first! Makes the LCD2 look like baby dark
biggrin.gif

Can't comment on the W4r, haven't heard them unfortunately.

Apr 24, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #480 of 690

Seeing you have the V200 paired with the octave, I think we have similar music preference, warm, lush and big sounds i presume? It does have similarity, it is musical with magical mids whilst retaining detail. It is perfect for female pop and classical crossovers, oh so romantic
smily_headphones1.gif
But I would bet you will be in for a surprise as to how dark the sem6 seem at first! Makes the LCD2 look like baby dark
biggrin.gif

Can't comment on the W4r, haven't heard them unfortunately.

Thanks for reply - thats right - to me it's the sort of sound I imagine when people talk about "analogue" in its lack of glare, the lush tonality just seems right but retains a good sense of detail.  I team it with the T1 which always seemed too bright until I found this combo - so musical.

I'm intrigued by the sem6 - the dx90 is quite bright, ultra resolving, so I'm sort of thinking about the potential synergy between them as the reverse of the Metrum/T1 if that makes sense?

Shockingly I have never heard the LCD2 (or indeed any Audeze)!  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back