Earsonics ES3
Nov 23, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #106 of 324
   Great! I'm a fan of technical death metal and it is very important! My Ety are very fast in this regard.

Awesome. 
If you have the budget for it, I highly suggest you to pick S-EM9 up. It's by far the fastest monitor that I've ever heard up to this date. It's mind numbingly good for Metal..

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #107 of 324
  Awesome. 
If you have the budget for it, I highly suggest you to pick S-EM9 up. It's by far the fastest monitor that I've ever heard up to this date. It's mind numbingly good for Metal..

Well, if I do not like the SE3 in the end - not a big deal - very easy to sell as used.
If I do not like the 9-driver - not easy to sell out 
wink.gif

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #109 of 324
Started the tips rolling.

The nozzle dimension is in between the nozzle of the shure se846 and the nozzle of the ie8. JVC Spiral dots are too large for it. Later I will try sony hybrids or I will stretch my Westone startips.

Nov 23, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #111 of 324

Perfect, so I will directly skip the startips and next stop will be Sony hybrids and Spinfits :)

I wonder why Earsonics don't provide normal s/m/l tips included..

Note on the build quality: They are extremely light and comfortable. Maybe they are as light as Westone w60.
Plastic is not as good as the one used for Shure se846 or TOTL iems (but these are priced a fraction of TOTL Iems so..).
I can imagine the shiny black plastic will eventually have light scratches.
I don't think it will be much of an issue as on shiny black light scratches are visible only inspecting very close and under strong light but it's still worth noting.

Nov 23, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #112 of 324
Concerning tips, Earsonics are going to sell tips specially designed for Es2/3 and S-Em9... They will be available at the end of november/beginning december...

At this moment, I use sensorcom double-flange tips but they seems not to be available anymore... so I look forward to try ES new tips...

Nov 23, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #113 of 324

Good news, I will buy some tips from Earsonics as soon as they will be available. Anyway, I tried the sony hybrids, they are OK but a bit short so the fit is too shallow. BUT the Spinfits CP100 work like a charm, tried both the medium and large, they fit like a glove and i get a very good isolation. 

I will probably also buy a pair of S-EM9 soon..
beerchug.gif

Nov 25, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #114 of 324
Some early impressions:

- The best IEM I've heard under 1000 Euros.
- Better than SE846, IE800, W60 and Velvet on balanced mode (I didn't like other modes anyway).
- In my opinion better than Noble K10 UA. If you like laid-back sound, K10 UA might be more to your tastes. Soundstage is far better than K10UA's.
- It sounds very similar to S-EM9. S-EM9 is better of course but I don't think it's worth 1000 Euros more. If you absolutely want the best of the best, get S-EM9 but for me it would have been waste of money.
- Bass is dynamic-like. I like it. It hits harder than K10UA. This might have to do with the fact that Earsonics double-flange tips fit perfectly in my ears whereas I had a hard time to find a tip that worked with K10UA (in the end I had gone with JVC Spiral Dots).

I will write a review in a month or so.

Nov 25, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #115 of 324
  Some early impressions:

- The best IEM I've heard under 1000 Euros.
- Better than SE846, IE800, W60 and Velvet on balanced mode (I didn't like other modes anyway).
- In my opinion better than Noble K10 UA. If you like laid-back sound, K10 UA might be more to your tastes. Soundstage is far better than K10UA's.
- It sounds very similar to S-EM9. S-EM9 is better of course but I don't think it's worth 1000 Euros more. If you absolutely want the best of the best, get S-EM9 but for me it would have been waste of money.
- Bass is dynamic-like. I like it. It hits harder than K10UA. This might have to do with the fact that Earsonics double-flange tips fit perfectly in my ears whereas I had a hard time to find a tip that worked with K10UA (in the end I had gone with JVC Spiral Dots).

I will write a review in a month or so.

Really? I liked both the 846 and K10U, but if these are just as good for half the price I could afford them

Nov 25, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #116 of 324
  Really? I liked both the 846 and K10U, but if these are just as good for half the price I could afford them

You should read other opinions as well but this is what I think. I never cared for SE846's sound really. K10U, well I liked their lush, laid-back sound. These sound clearer, more balanced, more detailed to my ears while never giving up on musicality. If you prefer the laid-back sound of K10U, ES3 might not be for you. These are more energetic and exciting. Still smooth and musical, however. If you can, listen to S-EM9 somewhere. You'll get an idea of what ES3 sounds like: Balanced and musical with dynamic-like bass.

Something I didn't like: It comes with the cheap looking SM64 case. I wish they included the Velvet/S-EM9 leather case.

Nov 25, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #118 of 324
Can you please elaborate a little bit more for the IE800 and the Velvet?

I don't have these two now, so this is by memory. Take it with a grain of salt.

IE800, I didn't like at all. It had great bass but thin mids and sibilant treble. ES3 has fuller, more balanced mids and treble, while detailed, isn't sibilant or harsh.

Velvet was an IEM I really liked, I still think it's very good for EDM. Tight mode didn't have enough bass, warm mode had too much bass that overpowered the rest of the frequency spectrum. Velvet's main flaw was its thin mids. That doesn't matter that much for EDM though if you're not into vocal trance etc. ES3 takes care of that problem by taking mids up to a more balanced level. ES3 is thus a better all-rounder in my opinion. If you want basshead level bass, Velvet (at warm mode) may be better for you. I listen to lots of EDM but I don't like it when bass overpowers mids and treble.

Nov 25, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #119 of 324
I don't have these two now, so this is by memory. Take it with a grain of salt.

IE800, I didn't like at all. It had great bass but thin mids and sibilant treble. ES3 has fuller, more balanced mids and treble, while detailed, isn't sibilant or harsh.

Velvet was an IEM I really liked, I still think it's very good for EDM. Tight mode didn't have enough bass, warm mode had too much bass that overpowered the rest of the frequency spectrum. Velvet's main flaw was its thin mids. That doesn't matter that much for EDM though if you're not into vocal trance etc. ES3 takes care of that problem by taking mids up to a more balanced level. ES3 is thus a better all-rounder in my opinion. If you want basshead level bass, Velvet (at warm mode) may be better for you. I listen to lots of EDM but I don't like it when bass overpowers mids and treble.

Thanks!

As I don't have any possibility for an audition, I‎ can't really figure it out how much flaw is in the Velvet vocals compared to the IE800, where the midrange is recessed, which is not the case with the Velvet, if I'm not mistake. 

Regarding the details and clarity, is the ES3 on par with the Velvet or the Velvet is better?‎

Nov 25, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #120 of 324
Thanks!

As I don't have any possibility for an audition, I‎ can't really figure it out how much flaw is in the Velvet vocals compared to the IE800, where the midrange is recessed, which is not the case with the Velvet, if I'm not mistake. 

Regarding the details and clarity, is the ES3 on par with the Velvet or the Velvet is better?‎

I would say they are on a similar level regarding detail and clarity but mids sound more forward on ES3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back