Earsonics ES3
Nov 21, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #91 of 324
Just pulled the trigger and ordered the ES3. I'm looking forward to receive them and compare to my Shure 846 and the K3003. 
If I'm gonna like the ES3 , I will also purchase the S-EM9 instead of the Westone W80. 

This hobby is expensive 
beerchug.gif

Quick question: How do you find the isolation of the ES3 and S-EM9 (with right tips)?

Nov 21, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #92 of 324
  Just pulled the trigger and ordered the ES3. I'm looking forward to receive them and compare to my Shure 846 and the K3003. 
If I'm gonna like the ES3 , I will also purchase the S-EM9 instead of the Westone W80. 

This hobby is expensive 
beerchug.gif

Quick question: How do you find the isolation of the ES3 and S-EM9 (with right tips)?

I auditioned S-EM9 for a few hours, I would imagine ES3 is the same. S-EM9 with double flange tips provides superb isolation.

Nov 23, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #96 of 324

Thanks, I've already read it.

I've asked because innitially I was targeting the Velvet but I had some doubts regarding the reduced lower midrange and I found it confirmed in your review, saying that the ES3 sounds more coherent than the Velvet due to less reduced mid-bass.
So, the ES3 became more attractive especially that, based on other impressions, it sounds fuller than the Velvet across the spectrum, having also a thicker and less distant midrange.

Nov 23, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #97 of 324
Thanks, I've already read it.

I've asked because innitially I was targeting the Velvet but I had some doubts regarding the reduced lower midrange and I found it confirmed in your review, saying that the ES3 sounds more coherent than the Velvet due to less reduced mid-bass.
So, the ES3 became more attractive especially that, based on other impressions, it sounds fuller than the Velvet across the spectrum, having also a thicker and less distant midrange.

Absolutely. In our audiophile meeting couple of weeks ago, we auditioned both ES-3 and Velvet with a friend of mine (a Velvet lover), and we agreed that ES-3 has more coherency across the spectrum with a more natural sound (of course it's not the most natural itself but still better than Velvet).

So I think we have a better overall IEM in our hands with a cheaper price.

Nov 23, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #98 of 324
When I was saying about Velvet being unnatural and bright & harsh sometimes, lacking lower midrange just after their release you can't imagine how much criticizm I got. Velvet thread was full of ppl saying that I have bad hearing, bad sources, overexaggerate etc. I initially bought Velvet only because I've read a lot of reviews saying how warm, lush and natural they are. What I am saying is I believe that not only Chinese are aggresively promoting stuff here but our French friends as well )

Nov 23, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #99 of 324
When I was saying about Velvet being unnatural and bright & harsh sometimes, lacking lower midrange just after their release you can't imagine how much criticizm I got. Velvet thread was full of ppl saying that I have bad hearing, bad sources, overexaggerate etc. I initially bought Velvet only because I've read a lot of reviews saying how warm, lush and natural they are. What I am saying is I believe that not only Chinese are aggresively promoting stuff here but our French friends as well )

Same critical thoughts about the new ES3 or you haven't listened to them yet?

Nov 23, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #100 of 324

I feel you. It happened on our local forum here in Turkey too. I've got a chance to listen it couple of months after the initial release, but I already realised before listening, that it has been overrated so much. You're totally right. 

Nov 23, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #101 of 324
Just received the ES3 and I'm testing them with an Audiofly red connected to the iMac at work.

First impressions (with the double flange included which I'm gonna change with spinfits as soon as I will get back at home):

The ES3 are very light and comfortable, the cable is soft and doesn't seem to have microphonics. They also look very nice.

Now sound.. I cannot believe these cost 399 Eur. Even with the double flange they sound amazing. Bass is there and has good impact, mids are well defined and treble is extended. Separation of the instruments is very very good.

For now, I'm impressed.

Nov 23, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #102 of 324

Now sound.. I cannot believe these cost 399 Eur. Even with the double flange they sound amazing. Bass is there and has good impact, mids are well defined and treble is extended. Separation of the instruments is very very good.

For now, I'm impressed.

Is bass fast enough? Let's say if the double kick drum pedal presents in the music...

Nov 23, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #103 of 324

From my brief listening the bass seem pretty fast and tight. Of course I will need to spend more time with them.

What I can say for sure is that from this first hour they impressed me much more than my Se846 and K3003 and my previous W60 and UM Pro 50.

P.S I hate the included tips though

Nov 23, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #105 of 324

Just made sure with Meshuggah-Bleed and Slayer-Angel of Death

Great! I'm a fan of technical death metal and it is very important! My Ety as a single BA are very fast in this regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back