Earsonics ES3
Jan 15, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #316 of 318
The last SM64-like iem EarSonics has in its collection is the EM6, or the universal S-EM6v1. Sorry for you, but since the S-EM9 EarSonics change a bit their house sound.

Jan 15, 2019 at 3:56 AM Post #317 of 318
Thank you for confirming my worst suspicion. I'm glad I didn't bother with the S-EM9 then.
Will the S-EM6v2 work for me? Reviews claim it is the odd one in the current line up (sonically) having a much flatter response than the other models on sale. Unfortunately, there seem to be few reviews and not much user feedback of the EM6v2. The freq response graph alone will not be enough to determine if the EM6v2 is similar but better than the SM64.

If it is the case that Earsonic no longer makes IEM with a SM64 type of presentation, are there any other manufacturers who do?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #318 of 318
The S-EM6v2 is more like a scalpel with the same sound signature than the S-EM6v1 but without that kind of focus which sometimes give the feeling the atmosphere is a bit veiled. I like that kind of feeling which give depth and involvement and if you want something like that take the EM6 custom, you will love them. Or find a second hand S-EM6v1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back