Earsonics EM 10
Oct 22, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #76 of 363
And the order is in, I should get them next week :dt880smile:

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #77 of 363
My EM10 just shipped... they should arrive tomorrow!

What a nice self gift for my birthday a couple of weeks in advance oh yeah :D

Oct 28, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #78 of 363
Just a week! EarSonics turn around time is definitely the quickest!

Oct 28, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #79 of 363
Just a week! EarSonics turn around time is definitely the quickest!

Exactly!

And we're talking one week from order to *receiving* them... lightning speed!
Benefits of a pro shop that builds so many CIEMs a week... industrial standards.

Edit : UPS flunked a connection, probably won't get delivered today... one more day to wait.
Why do package go to Cologne from Marseille to go to Paris (???)... not very green!

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2019 at 6:28 AM Post #80 of 363
Maybe due to the SNCF's strike? Sorry for you, but I guess that at the end you can ask for transport fees refund.

Oct 29, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #81 of 363
Maybe due to the SNCF's strike? Sorry for you, but I guess that at the end you can ask for transport fees refund.

Shouldn't be related... they f**ck up somewhere is all...
I am used to bad luck (sigh)

As long as the package does arrive (it was updated at CDG at 4 in the morning and then 20mn later back in Cologne... clearly a bug or something incoherent)

Oct 29, 2019 at 6:32 AM Post #82 of 363
Keep fingers crossed, that's usual with French post!

Oct 29, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #83 of 363
Keep fingers crossed, that's usual with French post!

Yeah but it's UPS not the french post, I chose express shipping... ironic isn't it?

Oct 29, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #84 of 363
What!? That's probably a bug, where are you delivered? Directly at work?

Oct 29, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #85 of 363
What!? That's probably a bug, where are you delivered? Directly at work?

Yeah at work but shouldn't change anything, Max told me the package was indeed stuck in Cologne, as he said I am their black cat :p

Oct 30, 2019 at 5:49 AM Post #86 of 363
It arrived at last!

Perfect fit and superb build...

Image d’iOS (46).jpg

Let's get to know each other :)

Attachments

• Image d’iOS (48).jpg
    Image d’iOS (48).jpg
    935.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Image d’iOS (47).jpg
    Image d’iOS (47).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Oct 30, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #87 of 363
Lucky you ! Glad you have them, enjoy :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Oct 30, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #88 of 363
It arrived at last!

Perfect fit and superb build...

Let's get to know each other :)
The EarSonics fit is one 0f the best in my stable. Let me know if you find a cable pairing you like, I ended up sticking with stock because I didn't hear significant difference

Oct 30, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #89 of 363
After a little time with them, I must say this is a very refined IEM... it's clearly the results of years of tuning experience and IMHO Franck Lopez outdid himself there, musicality is off the charts and there is both power and finesse in the delivery. The background is as black as it can be and this makes for great contrast.

The bass and especially mid bass are great (clearly among the best BA bass I have had the pleasure to listen to) and textures are really up there with the best. Layering is also particularly impressive. Mids are articulate and smooth as it gets, it's a well known Earsonics strong suit but here it really is something in the category of smooth detailed mids. But the upper treble section is the real surprise for me... I certainly wouldn't say the treble is laid back like I have sometimes read, the tone is warmer than the VE8 but it's up there with it in terms of refinement and it's been my absolute benchmark for this. There isn't as much shimmer as it's more delicate with a slightly softer attack but it's very very impressive.

Overall there is a superb sense of rythm, thanks to the bass, upper mids and nice lower treble energy. Soundstage is very very good and balanced, imaging is not in the category of pinpoint precise but that's also a logical consequence of the smoother signature. I need more time to dig into the EM10 but it's already clear technicality is very much TOTL as well (as is the superb build) and the EM10 should definitely get more attention, definitely marketing or lack thereof is to blame here. Too few reviews as well...

The EarSonics fit is one 0f the best in my stable. Let me know if you find a cable pairing you like, I ended up sticking with stock because I didn't hear significant difference

The HR cable is pretty nice, the only downside is that it's not balanced... I tried Dunu Hulk so far and it's a nice match, the DITA Oslo has too fat pins it doesn't go into the socket :frowning2:

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #90 of 363
The best cable I have ever had on this iem is Whiplash Twau, the rest I have gone through including Agni mk2 , PW Saladin, 4 wires 1960...a a couple of Effect Audio cables, but none ever cut it. I can hear clear differences between stock and upgrade cables but depend on which and which.
P/s: I went to canjam with Twau on EM10 and compared to tons of more expensive offerings, but none ever took the place of EM10. I regret selling my Twau but only due to the reason it was too old to keep.
The Twau blows the life into EM10, it makes the sound become more vivid, deeper tighter bass, smooth treble , alot more subbass and foward fuller mid also alot more sparkles up top

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back