Earsonics EM 10
Oct 13, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #62 of 363
Oct 13, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #63 of 363
Do you guys find Earsonic iems having reversed polarity connector frustrating? (different from other brands I have experienced before) . It's a bit for me having to make a separate cable without earguide. I'm not a technical guy but maybe someone here will explain why they are doing this way, just my curiosity.

Em10 is actually my first iem from Earsonic , i hope it lives up to expectation as I was deciding between this and Phantom.

I stand corrected :p

Oh my Earsonics is launching Grace, a 10 BA universal : http://www.earsonics.com/in-ear-monitors/en/grace/
The configuration is very similar to em10, perhaps, it's a universal version of Em10?

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #64 of 363
Em10 is actually my first iem from Earsonic , i hope it lives up to expectation as I was deciding between this and Phantom.
The configuration is very similar to em10, perhaps, it's a universal version of Em10?

I had the chance to audition the EM10, to me it's a very good IEM that sits in between the Phantom and VE8 signature wise I even thought that I could have purchased the EM10 instead of those two... actually I almost went for the EM10 instead of VE8 intially... rave reviews about the VE8 had me go for it but I do like what I have heard with the EM10.

I have asked earsonics about Grace vs EM10 tuning, I'll let you know!

Oct 15, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #65 of 363
Do you guys find Earsonic iems having reversed polarity connector frustrating? (different from other brands I have experienced before) . It's a bit for me having to make a separate cable without earguide. I'm not a technical guy but maybe someone here will explain why they are doing this way, just my curiosity.

Actually, no - I've found that with my S-EM9 at least, it doesn't matter which way you insert the connectors as long as both L & R sides are matched, if you get my meaning.

Edited to add: Someone on the S-EM9 thread asked Earsonics about the polarity issue. Hope the link works:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ear...-new-custom-em10.779604/page-71#post-13323876

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #66 of 363
Having the VE8, Phantom and EM10 I assume to say this last one is the most engaging and musical CIEM I've for now. Technically all of them are TOTL in a different way (resolution, precision, stage size...), but at the end of the day I'm every time going back to the EM10.
At first the EM10 is not as impressive as the others, but more than a year later I'm still discovering and enjoying them...

Oct 16, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #67 of 363
Having the VE8, Phantom and EM10 I assume to say this last one is the most engaging and musical CIEM I've for now. Technically all of them are TOTL in a different way (resolution, precision, stage size...), but at the end of the day I'm every time going back to the EM10.
At first the EM10 is not as impressive as the others, but more than a year later I'm still discovering and enjoying them...
what's about se5?

Oct 17, 2018 at 3:39 AM Post #68 of 363
The SE5U are technically a beast, but they're the most boring CIEM I've...

Oct 17, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #69 of 363
I spoke with Earsonics this morning regarding the Grace...and for those that were wishing for a Universal EM10 your wish may have come true. I was told that the Grace and EM10 share the same DNA and there is very little difference in sound. Great news.

Oct 17, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #70 of 363
That was highly probable but good news :)

Mar 8, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #71 of 363
EM10 is a hidden gem and i'm glad to have ever added it to my collection as it could be the only iem that i would keep. This thread is super dead smh

Mar 8, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #72 of 363
EM10 is a hidden gem and i'm glad to have ever added it to my collection as it could be the only iem that i would keep. This thread is super dead smh
I agree and I am not sure why it is dead. The Grace is super good as well .

Mar 14, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #73 of 363
Yeah, the EM10, as is the EM64, is one of the best CIEM on the market, but EarSonics is not one those brands with lot of marketing and groupies. Have a look to Westone, who talk about them? Almost nobody too, they're on a professional segment like EarSonics.

Just to say, have a look to the Purple, that universal is to me one of the best complement to the EM10, a less bigger stage but a better depth management and a more upfront mids. The EM64 is even better for those who look for a kick-ass CIEM.

Oct 10, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #74 of 363
I will revive this thread a bit quite soon... I always thought the EM10 doesn’t get the spotlight it deserves... as I said before I tried others custom EM10 and I loved them even without a perfect fit... it’s time to fill that gap and possibly get a review up on headfi front page and get people interested :D

Stay tuned!

Oct 10, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #75 of 363
Ohoh! Excellent! Currently listening to electronic music with them, what a beast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back