EarPods..! - Its what apple calls its next gen Earbuds.. Fancy anyone?
Sep 14, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #106 of 312
I think I am gonna ditch my ES5 and upgrade to the EarPods :D

That's a Great Idea...

Perhaps a Trade?

LOLz, Jim

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #107 of 312
Quote:
Haters are going to hate....
But i cant agree with the statment that an earbud is going to rival "high end" Headphones.
Can whe define HIGH END? HUNDREDS? Sorry, but thats a bold statment, that sounds more like a Apple FanBoy Calling.
Whe all know that it will be an improvment, i hope is a big improvement, but you cant say you are going to rival high end stuff with a 29 earbud and dont some laughs.
Time will tell.

+1 

"[size=10.995369911193848px] The audio quality is so superior, they rival high-end headphones that cost hundreds of dollars more." [/size]

YEAH RIGHT.. let's all buy EARPODS! Apple should stop thinking the world is white like an apple. Imagine if they designed cars, it would be like a Ford T revival. One model, one colour and everybody saying it's the best car in the world.. Be a worm!

Sep 14, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #108 of 312
Wow! Thanks Apple!

I never understood why my s4i's sounded so bad. But now I do, I was supposed to shove them up my ass to listen, because unlike the earpods they are not designed to direct sound into my ears.
I might as well just go and throw my hd598 in the garbage as well, since these new earpods sound better than high quality headphones that cost hundreds of dollars.
And 29.99 for an all plastic headphone, now that's just a bargain.

Also am I the only one that feels sorry for people when you see them using the apple earbuds as if it was a fashion accessory that gives them status? I weep on the inside thinking: oh God, if you can afford an iphone at least have the decency of buying a better sounding headphone for it.

I went to Japan and felt so relieved when I realized that there are only a few people using the apple earbuds or those nasty expensive beats in that country. I looked everywhere and thought: now this is a country with people that understand good quality sound.

Sep 14, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #109 of 312
Quote:

+1 

"[size=10.995369911193848px] The audio quality is so superior, they rival high-end headphones that cost hundreds of dollars more." [/size]

YEAH RIGHT.. let's all buy EARPODS! Apple should stop thinking the world is white like an apple. Imagine if they designed cars, it would be like a Ford T revival. One model, one colour and everybody saying it's the best car in the world.. Be a worm!

I loved the part where you said: "white like an apple"
hehe

Sep 14, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #110 of 312
Guys, Apple nailed it. :D There's actually some nicely pounding bass! :eek:

I've started listening some music straight from my iPod Classic with these new EarPod-things: I've randomly picked up Old Flame by Kimbra and... I couldn't believe my ears!
After enjoying the entire album, I've started an A/B test with other earbuds I own (while playing other tracks from 256kbps MP3s and 256kbps AAC to lossless ALACs): the most recent iBuds with in-line mic couldn't stand a chance, these excellent EarPods represent quite an improvement. :wink:
I've found that they deliver the punchy bass of my IEMs while avoiding to sound so much congested, they are quite balanced and captivating (keep in mind that I own nameless/worthless IEMs).

These are extremely efficient buds, better keep low volume levels with these nasty phones in your ears.

Right now I'm enjoyng Goldfrapp's Felt Mountain on my Xperia S while toying with the stock player's EQ. I didn't know earbuds could sound this good and they actually sound better then the "good sounding" Xperia's OEM in-ear phones.

Do I think these are worth $30/30€? Well... They impressed me, so this must be a "yes". :p

More info to come as this weekend I'll have to put on severe burn-in the beautiful HK CLs. :jecklinsmile:

PS: nice housing, btw (it will be impossibile to put them back in, though). XP

Sep 14, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #112 of 312
Quote:
Guys, Apple nailed it.
biggrin.gif
There's actually some nicely pounding bass!
eek.gif

I've started listening some music straight from my iPod Classic with these new EarPod-things: I've randomly picked up Old Flame by Kimbra and... I couldn't believe my ears!
After enjoying the entire album, I've started an A/B test with other earbuds I own (while playing other tracks from 256kbps MP3s and 256kbps AAC to lossless ALACs): the most recent iBuds with in-line mic couldn't stand a chance, these excellent EarPods represent quite an improvement.
wink.gif

I've found that they deliver the punchy bass of my IEMs while avoiding to sound so much congested, they are quite balanced and captivating (keep in mind that I own nameless/worthless IEMs).
These are extremely efficient buds, better keep low volume levels with these nasty phones in your ears.
Right now I'm enjoyng Goldfrapp's Felt Mountain on my Xperia S while toying with the stock player's EQ. I didn't know earbuds could sound this good and they actually sound better then the "good sounding" Xperia's OEM in-ear phones.
Do I think these are worth $30/30€? Well... They impressed me, so this must be a "yes". :p
More info to come as this weekend I'll have to put on severe burn-in the beautiful HK CLs.
jecklinsmile.gif

Thanks for the sneak peek into these phones.

Jim

Sep 14, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #113 of 312
My instincts tell me this is only Apple's first move.

Like they've done so many times, they will, with the EarPods, convince the average joe (no pun intended) that good sound and earphones are worth investing in. 

The next step is to target this newly converted audiophile community (which would be huge, so bye bye head-fi exclusivity) with a revision of the ADDIEM that will sound probably equal to a mid-high end universal that we're familiar with today, and make audiophilia the next 'in' thing.

Just a weird intuition. But hey, if there's gonna be one company to introduce the masses to head-fi, I'll bet my money on Apple.

Sep 14, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #114 of 312
Quote:
Guys, Apple nailed it.
biggrin.gif
eek.gif

After enjoying the entire album, I've started an A/B test with other earbuds I own (while playing other tracks from 256kbps MP3s and 256kbps AAC to lossless ALACs): the most recent iBuds with in-line mic couldn't stand a chance, these excellent EarPods represent quite an improvement.
wink.gif

More info to come as this weekend I'll have to put on severe burn-in the beautiful HK CLs.
jecklinsmile.gif

Very encouraging.

Sep 14, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #115 of 312
Quote:
Guys, Apple nailed it.
biggrin.gif
eek.gif

wink.gif

jecklinsmile.gif

Do they really stay in really well?  I can't get the old ones to stay in without using foamies.  They are just too slick and slide right out of my ear in no time at all. 

I am looking forward to hearing the bass on these things.  That youtube video link that was posted earlier said the same thing. 

Sep 15, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #119 of 312

Tech Radar Verdict -

"There is no value to be found here. Buy something else.:"

Gizmodo :

" We advise against purchasing individually packaged Apple EarPods from your neighborhood Apple Store. They're a little better than before, but they're still among the worst hardware Apple has ever made. "

Poor Apple..!
Earbuds to Earpods.. Still no luck..!

Sep 15, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #120 of 312
From the video:
Quote:
So if you kind of think about it, this is where the headphone used to be, and it used to be pushing the sound directly into your ear; whereas now, when these are in your ears, it's pushing it directly into your ears.

People don't even try to be journalists any longer :|

Quote:
Guyz..

I stumbled upon a youtube review video..
check it out..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back