EarPods..! - Its what apple calls its next gen Earbuds.. Fancy anyone?
Sep 12, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #31 of 312
Quote:
No, yeah, I admit that I don't have much familiarity with the earbud market. And it seems that a few people have suggested a few others already that other companies have done. What I do know is that Apple is charging a premium for a replacement set of earbuds that come free with any of their devices, including the $50 iPod Shuffle. That or the Shuffle is only $20 and the headphones actually cost more than the shuffle itself.

But hey, the iPhone 4 is free with 2 year contract, and my friend's thinking of getting an iPhone 5, so maybe I'll get my chance at giving them a shot soon enough.

That's what I am saying...

Let's try them out, Consider them fairly, Then we can draw some objective conclusions.

Jim

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #33 of 312
Will check them out especially if I decide to get the new iPhone. 

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Sep 12, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #34 of 312
So this is just their next gen earbud that's going to come with the iPhone, iPad an so on, I'm sure it will sound better than their current earbud  (anything would) but nothing special.  Its not like this is some high end product or anything so count me out, I'm not an Apple fan as it is (except for their computers).

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #35 of 312
Quote:
So this is just their next gen earbud that's going to come with the iPhone, iPad an so on, I'm sure it will sound better than their current earbud  (anything would) but nothing special.  Its not like this is some high end product or anything so count me out, I'm not an Apple fan as it is (except for their computers).

Three Years in development...

How many of the IEM Manufacturers of your current stable can say that?

Don't discount the most recent past iBuds either. Have you seen their specs and freq charts?

Jim

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #36 of 312
Quote:
Three Years in development...

How many of the IEM Manufacturers of your current stable can say that?

Don't discount the most recent past iBuds either. Have you seen their specs and freq charts?

Jim

I know that nobody is particularly thrilled about a new apple product so i understand you being the voice of reason, but seriously do you work for apple or something

Sep 12, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #37 of 312
Quote:
I know that nobody is particularly thrilled about a new apple product so i understand you being the voice of reason, but seriously do you work for apple or something

No I simply speak from my own perspective...

Jim

Sep 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #40 of 312
Quote:
I've already ordered one pair (along with a more interesting pair of harman/kardon CLs). Dear God, I couldn't resist!
biggrin.gif

When can we expect a first impressions or a review?????

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #41 of 312
Even it is Apple, I don't believe they could build an ear bud that could compete with those IEMs made by traditional brands such as UE/Westone, who spent all their time specifically on researching IEMs. The new EarPod might be fun to toy with tho 
redface.gif

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #42 of 312
Even it is Apple, I don't believe they could build an ear bud that could compete with those IEMs made by traditional brands such as UE/Westone, who spent all their time specifically on researching IEMs. The new EarPod might be fun to toy with tho :xf_eek:

Er Um OK...

If they, Apple can't do it...

How do all these other crappy little companies do it?

Just Curious, Jim

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #44 of 312
He couldn't be employed by Apple at the same time as being employed by Etymotic, that would be a conflict of interest
etysmile.gif

Seriously though, 'Turf gives great advice if not a bit repetitive.

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back