EarPods - Apples newest entry into IEM
Sep 12, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #16 of 170
Quote:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/12/apple-earpods-hands-on/

Seems they are so-so.

Wow, You got that from a pictorial article?

I am considering purchasing some stocks. May I contact your for advice?

LOLz, Jim

Sep 12, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #18 of 170
Quote:
I just quoted it. But sure, why not? :wink: PM me for your stocks info.

I just reread the article... Could not find so so anywhere.

As I have asked another member. Could you direct me to a comparably priced and featured product?

Thanks, Jim

Sep 12, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #19 of 170
Sep 12, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #20 of 170
I just reread the article... Could not find so so anywhere.

As I have asked another member. Could you direct me to a comparably priced and featured product?

Thanks, Jim

Doesn't the sentence "still, they're not going to win out over high-end or even mid-range audio options" mean that they aren't better from "the headphones sounding hundreds dollars more" as Apple promised? They've already changed the description, but that's what I meant as "so-so".

And sorry, I haven't been looking for earbuds for years. I heard a few models that I liked, but I have no idea what are the prices of them. Senns MX880 were surprisingly good, but they are quite more expensive, as I guess. There also were Yuin PK2, but I have no idea if they are still available. If you're looking for a cheap earphones (whether IEMs or earbuds) with built-in mic, I'm sure there are some models worth considering.

Yeah....as much as I enjoy their tech coverage, Engadget isn't the best source for audio-related info. Any blog that thinks the Klipsch S4 is amazing should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Yeah, you're obviously right, but since it was the only opinion I could, it's still better than nothing! :wink:

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #24 of 170
Quote:
The IEM in that came with my galaxy player are way better. Still, IMO sennheiser's cheapo earbuds sound better than the last two gen's earbuds. The dual driver IEM are another story; dual BA drivers for 80 is a pretty good deal (and the klipsh is not 150!!!!, they are in the 60-80 range).

Oh, and I almost forgot about Sony's mp3 players! They include really good phones (specially high end players), as well as creative with the X-fi!

After the second-generation iBuds, I quit using courtesy phones altogether.  It's good to know mainstream companies are starting to take sound quality seriously, however.

Still love my ADDIEM; cheap, comfortable, easy to pack and easy to enjoy.  And they sound great.  As for the Klipsches, they were $150 at launch; I've seen them as low as $50 on a particularly good sale at CompUSA, however.  The ruggedized version may well be my next 'phone; I live in fear of a sudden downpour wrecking my expensive headphones.

As for the Sony, I must plead ignorance.  X-Fi is an enthusiast line, however.  I wasn't aware they were participating in the sub-$30 market at all.

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #25 of 170
My pair is ordered. I like the idea of a secure, less isolating IEM so I figured why not give them a try. I will write up a review when I get them.

I wonder if these have any of the patented weld process that was discussed here on head-Fi a few months ago.

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #26 of 170
Just heard about these. Will be getting them for sure.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Sep 12, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #27 of 170
Quote:
My pair is ordered. I like the idea of a secure, less isolating IEM so I figured why not give them a try. I will write up a review when I get them.
I wonder if these have any of the patented weld process that was discussed here on head-Fi a few months ago.

I'll get them too since I'm planning to get the new iphone.   If they are not good, I'll just toss them into the drawer of crappy headphones.

Sep 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #28 of 170
Quote:
After the second-generation iBuds, I quit using courtesy phones altogether.  It's good to know mainstream companies are starting to take sound quality seriously, however.

Still love my ADDIEM; cheap, comfortable, easy to pack and easy to enjoy.  And they sound great.  As for the Klipsches, they were $150 at launch; I've seen them as low as $50 on a particularly good sale at CompUSA, however.  The ruggedized version may well be my next 'phone; I live in fear of a sudden downpour wrecking my expensive headphones.

As for the Sony, I must plead ignorance.  X-Fi is an enthusiast line, however.  I wasn't aware they were participating in the sub-$30 market at all.

Yes, Sony has historically included really good pairs with their players. The older ones included active noise cancelling earbuds. Newer (but already discontinued) ones had the feature in the player and then send the inverted signal to the phones. The F and A series include an EX series pair (a re-name of the MDR-EX210). The cheapest from them all, the E series, also include EX series earbuds. 

And about the X-fi I was talking about the stock earbuds that came with the Zen X-fi, which are really good too and the player is a bargain as well.

Sep 12, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #30 of 170
Quote:
me too. i can't believe they had the balls to say that.

Why Not?

Better to say something like that up front Vs Listing an IEM at 300 bucks, then lowering the price to 140.00

Agreed?

Besides, None of us really know what it sounds like yet, do we???

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back