Earphones.....for on the go.
Oct 19, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #16 of 58
What about the Panasonic HJE900? Bassy, detailed, natural, decent soundstage... seems to have most of your bases covered. I got mine for about $75 USD which is just over your limit at $54 Euros, not sure what the price is on these over there.

Oct 19, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #17 of 58
Yeah, if he narrows the list though, he can get silver bullets (big soundstage, bass quality), etymotic er6i (very good isolation, analytic) and so on, for 50 shillings.

Dreamthinker, for cheap stuff with good sound-quality, get another sony ... or be different and try an unusual brand like lenntek or sunrise.

Oct 19, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #18 of 58

Quote:
What about the Panasonic HJE900? Bassy, detailed, natural, decent soundstage... seems to have most of your bases covered. I got mine for about $75 USD which is just over your limit at $54 Euros, not sure what the price is on these over there.

Unfortunately they're only that cheap in the US... you got them from JR right? =p

It's funny how everyone recommends HJE900, wish I could demo a pair.

Oct 19, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #19 of 58

Quote:

The soundstage is more than decent I think, very good for IEMs. I didn't find them to be that detailed or natural sounding tho, also really boring mids.

You're not really missing anything if you haven't tried them.

Oct 19, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #20 of 58
I know that u can't get perfection for 50 Euro
beyersmile.png

I only want headphones which i can take around outside and i can use for laid-back music-enjoyment.

any suggestions for port amps? 

Oct 19, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #21 of 58
From personal experience, the best I can recommend which I consider to be a reasonable price is, a FiiO E-7.

I currently have a two year old, 2gb, Sansa Clip attached to an E-7 but I'm using a somewhat expensive, refurbished Sennheiser IE8 to listen to this combination.  For the price, the sound quality is, my opinion, totally high-end and is about as cheap as satisfying your list is going get.

Oct 19, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #22 of 58

Quote:
I know that u can't get perfection for 50 Euro
beyersmile.png

I only want headphones which i can take around outside and i can use for laid-back music-enjoyment.

Wow, you really narrowed the list down!!  Theres a lot you can get for 50 euros if you're only demand is taking them around outside, and laid-back music-enjoyment!!

Oct 19, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #23 of 58

Quote:
From personal experience, the best I can recommend which I consider to be a reasonable price is, a FiiO E-7.

I currently have a two year old, 2gb, Sansa Clip attached to an E-7 but I'm using a somewhat expensive, refurbished Sennheiser IE8 to listen to this combination.  For the price, the sound quality is, my opinion, totally high-end and is about as cheap as satisfying your list is going get.

Are you kidding, Clip and E7 and IE8 sounds like a smart setup but it'll set you back at least $220 right?  You can get daps now with 130mW output and class-A amp inside, besides, he said he likes reggae music, he should just get the rocoo, it comes with earbuds comparable to the Yuin PK1 and it'll stop selling soon. 

Oct 19, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #25 of 58

Quote:

The soundstage is more than decent I think, very good for IEMs. I didn't find them to be that detailed or natural sounding tho, also really boring mids.

Your not really missing anything if you haven't tried them.

Thankyou, it's just I'm baffled by how some people rate them so high, here is a list from user "ericp10"

Best Dynamic IEMs (SQ-only): JVC-Victor FX-700 > Panasonic HJE900 > Radius HP-TWF11R DDM  > Monster Miles Davis Tribute > Monster Turbine Pro Copper > Sennheiser IE8 > Sennheiser IE7

Oct 19, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #26 of 58
kiteki wrote:

Are you kidding, Clip and E7 and IE8 sounds like a smart setup but it'll set you back at least $220 right?  You can get daps now with 130mW output and class-A amp inside,...

Actually, it'll cost you more.  One can get anything they want if they have the ability to hit the hip and pay the price.  Maybe you missed the question and the answer provided to the question?

TheDreamthinker asked:

My response was:

The rest of the response was to share with TheDreamthinker what pieces my portable rig consists of.

besides, he said he likes reggae music,

Not to worry as the rig I use, is a universal rig and without equivocation, will work and get along well with any kind of music.

L3000.gif

I can only write about the synergy of the rig I'm using and my opinion, once warmed up, overall, without reservations, whether 1.41Mbps rips or digital FM radio, it totally kicks butt.  It's sooooo good, I don't even want to replace the little itty-bitty, two year old Clip with a newer version and you can bet I've been salivating like Pavlov's dog over some of the current crop of available choices.

rolleyes.gif

It's hard to say what's the best rig.  I'm just in it for some really decent portable sound and to that end, I'm good.  But like pretty much everybody here, I'm wanting to push this achievement and in doing so, I'm worried that the sound quality is going go South before it goes North and I'll be fiscally punished for trying to improve on what, for me, could quite possibly be perfection.

rolleyes.gif

Oct 19, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #27 of 58
beeman458, that's fair enough, I'm sure the E7 is a good recommendation =)

I was just thinking along the lines of that he only wants to spend 50 bones on earphones, and then he's looking for a portable amp.  Not the best financial investment in sound-quality imho, since the difference between $50 'phones, and $180 'phones is like this

| - - - - - - - - - |
| - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - |

and the difference between $50 'phones unamped, and $50 phones amped with a $130 amp is like this.

| - - - - - - - - - |
| - - - - - - - - - - |

Oct 19, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #28 of 58
beeman, it's nice when we have a rig we love and don't second guess.... I've had portable setups I've been completely happy with and not question, and I'm really trying to get back into that phase soon.
At the moment I'm completely at ends in my portable rig.  I just got a new Dap that sounded fantastic with a certain pair of earphones, and then I modded them to make them sound perfect and they semi-broke, and now the rest of my earphones have a less good synergy with this dap, so I'm thinking what to do what to do?  I read about other daps and wonder if I should pull the trigger on x 'phone all night instead of sleeping prior to work.  Right now I'm looking at Final Audio FI-BA-A1 thinking, should I pull the trigger? will this make me content?? It's 6am and what the hell am I doing Lol.

Oct 19, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #30 of 58
kiteki wrote:

and the difference between $50 'phones unamped, and $50 phones amped with a $130 amp is like this.

| - - - - - - - - - |
| - - - - - - - - - - |

I can't say for a fact but I know that you can only push inexpensive IEM's so far and after that, if you're wanting more, you're going have to pay more.

I just got a new Dap that sounded fantastic with a certain pair of earphones, and then I modded them to make them sound perfect and they semi-broke, and now the rest of my earphones have a less good synergy with this dap, so I'm thinking what to do what to do?

Not trying to be cute in my next but what's wrong with buying a duplicate pair of the pair that broke on you?

???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back