Earphones.....for on the go.
Oct 19, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #31 of 58

Quote:
Yuin PK2?

Yuin PK2 is the only Yuin I've heard...  it's decent, good presentation, dynamic, however laid-back... and really nothing like the shimmering cymbals, lifelike sound and velvety bass of the earbud I just broke yesterday.

Edit:  I'm sure Yuin OK2 and OK1 sound much nicer,  but at that price point I'd invest in the CM700's instead, which at the same time I'm scared will sound cold and thin (same fear in the DBA-02).  For anyone that likes the Yuin PK sound I like to recommend Sunrise, it's a company in Vietnam that offers earbuds that sound very close to Yuin PK1, just cheaper.

Oct 19, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #32 of 58

Quote:
kiteki wrote:

I just got a new Dap that sounded fantastic with a certain pair of earphones, and then I modded them to make them sound perfect and they semi-broke, and now the rest of my earphones have a less good synergy with this dap, so I'm thinking what to do what to do?

Not trying to be cute in my next but what's wrong with buying a duplicate pair of the pair that broke on you?

???

In fact you are correct, but they're hard to find and delicate to mod to the perfect sound I got out of them, that mod isn't even on head-fi and I don't want to say the model number because I'm scared the shop I got them from will sell out if I hype them and then I only have amazon.co.jp left which doesn't ship overseas.
They were a real heaven-send with my new dap after modification, really shimmering clear and warm and lifelike, airy, velvety bass, wet vocals and smooth mids, best I'd ever heard from a portable unit let alone earbuds... so I listened to that for two whole days... then I got a tiny tiny 1mm piece of glue on the diaphragm after taking the filters on and off too many times and then they broke.  If I go back to the store (which is in another goddamn country) I'll buy two or three of them, on the other hand I'm weighing up just investing in a highly regarded IEM for roughly the same price (DBA-02, FA-BA-A1) and being happy with that.  Due to the delicate nature of these earbuds, they'd pretty much break if it started raining, which an IEM wouldn't.
So as you can see, really at ends here, no way of knowing I'd even like those IEM's, I listen to music for hours a day as an escape from reality and I'm stuck with a Hippo gumstick and crappy Sony E804's now, and I'm overseas so I can't listen to my home rig either... 5000km's away. Lol.

Oct 19, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #33 of 58
kiteki wrote:

They were a real heaven-send with my new dap after modification, really shimmering clear and warm and lifelike, airy, velvety bass, wet vocals and smooth mids, best I'd ever heard from a portable unit let alone earbuds... so I listened to that for two whole days... then I got a tiny tiny 1mm piece of glue on the diaphragm.....

eek.gif

Sorry to read you lost such magical IEM's.  You can go a lifetime and not find what you had.  Hope you can find another pair.

redface.gif

Oct 24, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #36 of 58

Quote:
kiteki wrote:

They were a real heaven-send with my new dap after modification, really shimmering clear and warm and lifelike, airy, velvety bass, wet vocals and smooth mids, best I'd ever heard from a portable unit let alone earbuds... so I listened to that for two whole days... then I got a tiny tiny 1mm piece of glue on the diaphragm.....

eek.gif

Sorry to read you lost such magical IEM's.  You can go a lifetime and not find what you had.  Hope you can find another pair.

redface.gif

No probs, I can get them from Singapore or order them from Japan, all is good =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back