Earphones break constantly
Jul 1, 2009 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Nashy19

New Head-Fier
I break a pair of earphones once or more a month, I bought two pairs of Exspect earphones and broke them in just over a week (picture below). One of them broke at the seem and I'm currently seeing if I can glue it back and the other one gives me an electric shock every 30 minutes.

I only use them on the computer and I put them on the desk when I'm done but they always find a way of breaking, my parents are starting to notice too and that's worrying for me because my mum has something against not playing music outloud.

Does this happen to any of you?

Jul 1, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #3 of 11
I buy them because I like them. I normally spend £10-30 each, I heard that people break earphones just as easily no matter how expensive they are.

I got the Exspect one's from HMV in the UK but I've gone through plenty of popular brand headphones before.

Jul 1, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nashy19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I buy them because I like them. I normally spend £10-30 each, I heard that people break earphones just as easily no matter how expensive they are.

That is wrong.
There are much better for the price tbh and have far better build quality.
And if it's giving you an electric shock = short circuiting = dangerous!

e.g. CX500 = very nice price considering UK prices:

Sennheiser CX500 White Earbuds | SALE Now On!

From a reputable retailer as well so you know it's real.

Jul 1, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #6 of 11
Have you tried buying a full-size set of budget headohones like the HD201's (about £15 delivered from Amazon UK) They are pretty robustly build and will probably outlast cheap earbuds, they also have a 2-year Guarantee.

Simon

Jul 1, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #9 of 11
I used to have that same problem when all I bought were $20 Sony so called "Studio Monitors". I searched the hell out of this forum and decided to buy the Sony MDR-V6. Bought it for 100 new. They look indestructable and sound really good.

Jul 1, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doesn't Koss have a lifetime, no-questions-asked type guarantee on their headphones?

That, and their heavier phones (pro-4aa) double as self-defense weapons.

Jul 1, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nashy19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...I heard that people break earphones just as easily no matter how expensive they are.

Go hunt down a pair of Beyerdynamic DT48s.

I don't know if you'd enjoy their sound (I love them), but there's no possible way to break them. I'm pretty sure I could back the car over them without damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back