Earpads for the Hifiman Arya Now Available!
Mar 15, 2022 at 2:30 AM Post #62 of 85
Can you add a photo of that?
IMG_3380.JPG

May 21, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #63 of 85
I bought the elite velour and the elite hybrid to use with my Arya stealth. Have to say they are a huge step up in comfort. Sound-wise they tame the treble a little, especially between 7-8khz and 12khz where some people find a bit spicy occasionally. I have measured the frequency response of them versus the stock pads:

Stock pads:
Arya SE.png

Elite Velour:
HIFIMAN Arya SE w Dekoni Elite Velour Pads.png

Elite Hybrid:
HIFIMAN Arya SE w Dekoni Elite Hybrid Pads (purple).png

For more detailed impressions and comparisons see my blog as I don't want to make this an ultra long post...

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #64 of 85
I bought the elite velour and the elite hybrid to use with my Arya stealth. Have to say they are a huge step up in comfort. Sound-wise they tame the treble a little, especially between 7-8khz and 12khz where some people find a bit spicy occasionally. I have measured the frequency response of them versus the stock pads:
Which did you find the most comfortable? And which did you end up using as your pad?

I read your blog post but it wasn't mentioned there.

I'm trying to reduce the clamp force, and or reduce the pressure on my jaw/TMJ.

Thanks!

Jun 15, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #65 of 85
Which did you find the most comfortable? And which did you end up using as your pad?

Thanks!
The hybrids have much less clamp force than the stock ones. Definitely much more comfortable!

Jun 15, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #66 of 85
Jun 15, 2022 at 9:50 PM Post #68 of 85

Thanks!

Thanks for reading! I should mention that all the third-party pads I measured are thinner than stock. The Dekoni hybrid has the least clamp and is imo the most comfortable. Velour isn't bad either but at least the set I got is a tiny bit thicker than the hybrid ones. They are still thinner than stock pads though.

BTW be careful when putting on and taking off the dekonis. The glue is not that strong. I reapplied some glue but that you can avoid this.

Jun 15, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #69 of 85
Thanks for reading! I should mention that all the third-party pads I measured are thinner than stock. The Dekoni hybrid has the least clamp and is imo the most comfortable. Velour isn't bad either but at least the set I got is a tiny bit thicker than the hybrid ones. They are still thinner than stock pads though.

BTW be careful when putting on and taking off the dekonis. The glue is not that strong. I reapplied some glue but that you can avoid this.
Thanks for the warning. What kind of glue should I use if something goes wrong? I ordered both the Velour and the Hybrids. Hopefully one of them works out.

Jun 27, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #71 of 85
Will these solve the problem of the original ear pads causing creaking when you wear glasses? It seems to be the "skin facing" fabric on the original ear pads that is the source of the problem, have had the same with other Hifiman headphones. No problem with other manufacturers using more premium material it seems.

Aug 27, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #72 of 85
I tried the Elite Velour pads and found that they changed the sound signature unfavorably, most likely because they are thinner and softer than stock. The ears sit closer to the diaphragm with the Elites and this affects the imaging and sounstage.

Would really love it if Hifiman could improve their pads without changing the sound.

Aug 27, 2022 at 8:32 AM Post #73 of 85
I tried the Elite Velour pads and found that they changed the sound signature unfavorably, most likely because they are thinner and softer than stock. The ears sit closer to the diaphragm with the Elites and this affects the imaging and sounstage.

Would really love it if Hifiman could improve their pads without changing the sound.
Try the Elite Hybrid pads. They are a lot more close to the stock pad's signature.

Aug 27, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #74 of 85
Try the Elite Hybrid pads. They are a lot more close to the stock pad's signature.
I find them more comfortable than the Velour too. Hybrids are great!

Aug 27, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #75 of 85
Do Elite Hybrids have exactly the same thickness and softness as stock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back