Earpads for the Hifiman Arya Now Available!
Mar 4, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #46 of 85
The stock looks like the hybrid. Thats why I wanted to buy the hybrid.

Now I know for sure it wont be Dekoni.

Mar 4, 2022 at 9:28 AM Post #47 of 85
Paying 100$ for something that feels like crap. Not gonna happen.

Any other padmakers out there(europe) ???

Mar 4, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #48 of 85
It's your decision to buy what you want. Though you could still return them if they turn out to be "crap". Maybe the other guy here just got bad luck on his full fenestrated ones. I bought hybrid ones and they feel a lot better. They got soft memory foam, the original pads have not. If you can't feel the difference, you probably got fake.

Any other padmakers out there(europe) ???
I would ask @NtraX from our forums.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #49 of 85
They got soft memory foam, the original pads have not.
Yes, it's memory foam. If you squeeze it, it restores back within 3 seconds... Well, regardless if it's memory foam or not, it doesn't conform to my head any better than the stock pads. There is not enough clamp force in these headphones to squeeze the memory foam in order to feel that it is indeed a memory foam. That's why I didn't see the point in this memory foam. Without being squeezed, it feels and behaves just like the stock pads. Again, if your stock pads are gone, no questions asked, the Dekoni hybrids are a good alternative. But if your stock pads are in good condition, then there is no point in throwing away $100 just to feel a slightly softer velour compared to the stock... velour))

Just my humble opinion, based on my own experience. Anybody can spend their money however they find useful. @NtraX indeed makes his own custom handmade earpads for Arya, high quality. But he is in Malaysia and his pads cost $150. Just some heads-up.

Mar 5, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #52 of 85
HEKv2. Clamp force is more than enough to feel the difference between stock pads and Dekoni hybrid pads. Arya should have the same clamp force? It also depends on head size so in the end everybody has to judge for himself.

Mar 5, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #54 of 85
I ordered a pair of the Hybrid myself. Initial reaction is that they're much softer and spongier so they take a while to spring back. Build quality is weak and the cover was already peelin off when I got them. I never had heat issues with stock pads and these cause your ears to get warmer.

I have my Arya v2 EQd and immediately the EQ was no longer usable. The Hybrids are too soft and you lose detail off the top, they also reverberate much better than stock which boosts your bass and mids. They did rumble very heavily with bass which was fun, but stock pads do that too when EQd. Playing Forbidden West was horrible, the sound was too soft and lacked life.

Bad build quality and a huge loss in original FR combined with being grossly overpriced had me returning these. The fact that they put out a FR chart without a comparison to the stock pads is also a joke.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #55 of 85
Mine don't peel. However it's not good if their QC drops so much. I think they sound a bit warmer. If you hadn't the quality problem then EQ could help. E. g. asking Oratory.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #56 of 85
Mine don't peel. However it's not good if their QC drops so much. I think they sound a bit warmer. If you hadn't the quality problem then EQ could help. E. g. asking Oratory.
For $100 and on a $1600 headphone it's just not acceptable. These things are a solid $15 or cheaply out together materials. I can't recommend it to anyone

Mar 5, 2022 at 8:23 PM Post #57 of 85
For $100 and on a $1600 headphone it's just not acceptable. These things are a solid $15 or cheaply out together materials. I can't recommend it to anyone
I’d have to disagree as far as materials go, the foam and leather are definitely upgrades to the stuff Hifiman uses, it’s really just the adhesive job that makes them sub par, if they can get that right, they are a solid upgrade to Hifiman pads, which cost 80 usd if I’m not mistaken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back