Earpads for the Hifiman Arya Now Available!
Jan 17, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #16 of 85
Keep in mind Hifiman pads aren't leather.

Jan 18, 2022 at 2:58 AM Post #17 of 85
Has anybody experience with changing the pads on Arya?

It looks like a rough procedure and I am afraid to ruin the headphones

Jan 18, 2022 at 3:06 AM Post #18 of 85
deleted

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #20 of 85
From what I can tell from the website, the dekoni pads do not have a built-in dust protection mesh.
If so, this is great for HEK SE, but bad news for V1 and V2. Worth checking this point when ordering
Yes. Really hope they will create a version that cater v1 also as the hifiman ultrapad quality really sucks.

Jan 18, 2022 at 10:33 PM Post #22 of 85
Hey all,

1. We do not have a dust cover on these pads
2. We do not include ear gain in our measurements, we just give the raw data
3. We do not have access to the stock pads right now, we are working on getting them for a comparison
Hope you consider making dust cover version too to accommodate v1 version of he1000

Jan 19, 2022 at 12:39 AM Post #23 of 85
Has anybody experience with changing the pads on Arya?

It looks like a rough procedure and I am afraid to ruin the headphones
I've changed mine before (with another pair of stock pads) and it was quite a struggle for me, especially trying to get the replacement pads to click back in. Like you, was pretty worried about pressing too firmly, but more of ruining the new pads. My original ones barely lasted a year before they started to peel quite badly (damn this equatorial climate we have here in Singapore).

I'll probably go for the Dekoni Fenestrated pads for my next replacement. I have the Dekoni full leather ones on my LCD2 and Denon D2000 and they are not only super plush and comfortable, but they have lasted far longer than the stock or other brand pads.

Jan 22, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #24 of 85
Hello, I got mine Elite Hybrid ones, the foam of the left earpad somewhat feels firmer. Is the foam on that side denser? I pressed on every place. Hope the sound won't deviate on one driver.

But the Dekoni pads are a lot more comfortable than the original pads. The original pads have a lot of pressure on the jaws, meanwhile Dekoni pads got softer foam so the jaws feel better. I'll keep Dekoni on my Hifiman.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2022 at 9:34 AM Post #25 of 85
...But the Dekoni pads are a lot more comfortable than the original pads. The original pads have a lot of pressure on the jaws, meanwhile Dekoni pads got softer foam so the jaws feel better. I'll keep Dekoni on my Hifiman....
man that alone sells the dekoni pads for me

Jan 24, 2022 at 9:40 PM Post #26 of 85
My velours came in today, definitely an upgrade, i love how dekoni velour feels against the skin, as far as sound comparison, I’d say maybe a touch warmer if that, sounds a tad more lush, but maybe it’s the velour to be honest, it feels so cozy…also they add a bit a weight, not alot, gives the Aryas more of a premium feel if you ask me, anyway, very satisfied, been waiting over a year for this! Thanks dekoni

Jan 25, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #28 of 85
Grouping measurements is so tough. It looks like the sheepskin set has less bass and treble, but in fact what you'll hear is a boost in the mids (like their sheepskin pads do on a lot of other headphones). I bet if they were compensated to intersect at 600Hz instead of 1000Hz, the bass and treble performance of the hybrid, sheepskin, and fenestrated pads would pretty much line up, with the difference being in the mids.

Jan 25, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #29 of 85
I am never gonna be able to put them on like this:

Aryas yokes are made of some kind of plastic. I would prefere to dissassembly the yokes first. Is that possible?

Jan 25, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #30 of 85
They should be reinforced with steel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back