EarMen Sparrow
Nov 26, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #91 of 354
Nov 27, 2020 at 7:06 AM Post #94 of 354
Hey guys,

Just got the sparrow, not not working on my oneplus 8 Pro (plug and play)? Using the sub c to usb c lead that it come with.

Also tried on laptop (usb c to usb c) but also nothing?

Do I need to do anything prior to using?

Nov 27, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #95 of 354
Hey guys,

Just got the sparrow, not not working on my oneplus 8 Pro (plug and play)? Using the sub c to usb c lead that it come with.

Also tried on laptop (usb c to usb c) but also nothing?

Do I need to do anything prior to using?
On some devices you need to have the side of the cable with the EarMen lettering plugged into the Sparrow and the other side to your phone/laptop. Try that.

Nov 27, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #96 of 354
On some devices you need to have the side of the cable with the EarMen lettering plugged into the Sparrow and the other side to your phone/laptop. Try that.
Thanks - this actually worked, but sound only coming out of the right ear when using balanced output...

Looking into updating firmware, but laptop not reading the Sparrow as an external source...

Grrrrrrrr...

Nov 27, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #97 of 354
Thanks - this actually worked, but sound only coming out of the right ear when using balanced output...

Looking into updating firmware, but laptop not reading the Sparrow as an external source...

Grrrrrrrr...
Make sure your balanced plug is fully inserted. If it has any sort of lip it might not go in all the way into the Sparrow's slightly recessed balanced port. Also I'm not sure what OS you're using but as far as I know Sparrow is only plug-and-play with Windows 10 and Mac OS.

Nov 27, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #98 of 354
Make sure your balanced plug is fully inserted. If it has any sort of lip it might not go in all the way into the Sparrow's slightly recessed balanced port. Also I'm not sure what OS you're using but as far as I know Sparrow is only plug-and-play with Windows 10 and Mac OS.
thanks again - yes, fully inserted (no sound in left ear) and using Windows 10...

Nov 27, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #99 of 354
thanks again - yes, fully inserted (no sound in left ear) and using Windows 10...
Very strange indeed then. Try flipping the cable over (logo face up then face down). Maybe there's some incompatibility with the cable or your devices.

PS. Have you tried an SE cable to check that sound is in both channels?

Nov 27, 2020 at 7:52 AM Post #100 of 354
Very strange indeed then. Try flipping the cable over (logo face up then face down). Maybe there's some incompatibility with the cable or your devices.

Yes, I checked this and still no.

The funny thing is that it picks up on tidal on both phone and laptop (plays through one ear), but wont pick up as a usb device so be able to select to run the update software through/from...

Nov 27, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #101 of 354
Yes, I checked this and still no.

The funny thing is that it picks up on tidal on both phone and laptop (plays through one ear), but wont pick up as a usb device so be able to select to run the update software through/from...
Bizarre. Best you reach out to EarMen for advice.

Nov 27, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #102 of 354

Sorry misread your original message - the SE is working on both channels. Its just the balanced that plays through one....

Nov 27, 2020 at 8:21 AM Post #103 of 354
Sorry misread your original message - the SE is working on both channels. Its just the balanced that plays through one....
Earlier in this thread someone said the balanced port is slightly recessed so some plugs don't make perfect contact and so music plays out of one channel only. I suspect that's your issue here. Try switching the earpieces to see if it's not an issue with your IEMs also.

Nov 27, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #105 of 354
Earlier in this thread someone said the balanced port is slightly recessed so some plugs don't make perfect contact and so music plays out of one channel only. I suspect that's your issue here. Try switching the earpieces to see if it's not an issue with your IEMs also.

Swapped the earpieces and it started playing form the opposite side, with the right now not working 😭😤

Can I see a photo of your plug?
Attached

Attachments

• IMG_20201127_132745.jpg
    IMG_20201127_132745.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back