EarMen Angel
Feb 29, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #152 of 167
I am using an Android phone as my source…

Another “flashing LED” question…. The LED flashes red / green / red / green, etc. for example. When I am getting that kind of pattern is that telling me for example that this is MQA and the battery level is low, or is that indicating an error?

Edit - deleted my earlier question about allowing Tidal access being required to get sound from other apps - I cannot replicate this, so clearly this was an error on my part.

Edit - the instructions say to use a charger with 5V 2A output. I have chargers with less (which are taking forever to charge the Angel, and a charger with 5V 2.4A output…. That would be 2W more that what Earmen is stating…. What are others using?

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 3:49 AM Post #153 of 167
I am using an Android phone as my source…

Another “flashing LED” question…. The LED flashes red / green / red / green, etc. for example. When I am getting that kind of pattern is that telling me for example that this is MQA and the battery level is low, or is that indicating an error?

Edit - deleted my earlier question about allowing Tidal access being required to get sound from other apps - I cannot replicate this, so clearly this was an error on my part.

Edit - the instructions say to use a charger with 5V 2A output. I have chargers with less (which are taking forever to charge the Angel, and a charger with 5V 2.4A output…. That would be 2W more that what Earmen is stating…. What are others using?

The current (amps) rating of a charger indicates the maximum current that the charger CAN provide not what it WILL provide.

The device that is being charged needs to draw the current and the charger will deliver what the device requires or less if the charger has a lower available current output than the device is trying to draw. That is the case with your low current chargers.

The charger won’t force current into the device so a charger that has a higher current (amp) rating is perfectly safe provided of course the voltage is correct, in this case 5 volts.

You could connect a 5 volt and 5 amp charger and it would be fine, it would only deliver the (presumably) 2 amps that the Angel calls for.

Mar 1, 2024 at 5:57 AM Post #154 of 167
The current (amps) rating of a charger indicates the maximum current that the charger CAN provide not what it WILL provide.

The device that is being charged needs to draw the current and the charger will deliver what the device requires or less if the charger has a lower available current output than the device is trying to draw. That is the case with your low current chargers.

The charger won’t force current into the device so a charger that has a higher current (amp) rating is perfectly safe provided of course the voltage is correct, in this case 5 volts.

You could connect a 5 volt and 5 amp charger and it would be fine, it would only deliver the (presumably) 2 amps that the Angel calls for.
Perfect, thanks! I will use one of the 5V chargers that I have :)

Mar 3, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #155 of 167
I am enjoying the Angel quite a bit, and happy with the purchase. This will be a great portable desktop rig :)

Question - do others also have the FiiO Q15? I am thinking about getting that as well… anybody here have both, or considered both? Thoughts?

Thank you in advance - and I hope you are all having a great weekend!

Mar 3, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #157 of 167
I don’t have the Fiio but I do have the Chord Mojo 2 and I really enjoy it…
Thanks! Yeah, I briefly looked at the Mojo 2, but it is quite a bit more expensive, and I’m not a fan of the aesthetic / form function. But I’m glad you’re enjoying it!

Mar 13, 2024 at 1:56 AM Post #158 of 167
Hello all. I have 2 questions:

1. How can I know if the battery is fully charged? It just keeps on blinking blue.
2. Also, is there any sound difference on the firmware update, is it really necessary? I bought it used and I can't update it as I'm on Mac.

Mar 13, 2024 at 2:08 AM Post #159 of 167
Hello all. I have 2 questions:

1. How can I know if the battery is fully charged? It just keeps on blinking blue.
2. Also, is there any sound difference on the firmware update, is it really necessary? I bought it used and I can't update it as I'm on Mac.
1. It should stop blinking blue once fully charged. However, you can just charge it for 2-5-3 hrs approx. And run it as usual. no need for trickle charge to finish
2. I personally experienced no change. It's extremely easy to update the firmware, though. You can borrow a friend's windows laptop or PC for it.

Mar 13, 2024 at 3:23 AM Post #160 of 167
1. It should stop blinking blue once fully charged. However, you can just charge it for 2-5-3 hrs approx. And run it as usual. no need for trickle charge to finish
2. I personally experienced no change. It's extremely easy to update the firmware, though. You can borrow a friend's windows laptop or PC for it.
Thanks! I don't have anyone nearby to borrow from. Though It seems like I'm not missing out much, I'll just leave it for now.

Apr 24, 2024 at 3:16 AM Post #162 of 167
Does anyone know if the earmen angel amp can be opened from the case and change the battery?

What kind of battery does it use and what connector does it use to stick to the board. Thanks.

Apr 24, 2024 at 7:02 AM Post #163 of 167
how does mojo2 and eaemen angel compare to each other? Thanks.
I used to have the original Mojo... and I sold it when I purchased the TR-Amp because the Mojo sounded boring, clinical and lifeless in comparison. I also didn't like the usability of those ball-buttons that Chord seems to prefer for some of their products...

I havn't heard the Mojo 2 - but I have the Angel and it sounds technically better than the TR-Amp. So the Mojo 2 has to be MUCH better than the first version to compete with the Angel if you ask me.

Apr 25, 2024 at 4:00 AM Post #164 of 167
I used to have the original Mojo... and I sold it when I purchased the TR-Amp because the Mojo sounded boring, clinical and lifeless in comparison. I also didn't like the usability of those ball-buttons that Chord seems to prefer for some of their products...

I havn't heard the Mojo 2 - but I have the Angel and it sounds technically better than the TR-Amp. So the Mojo 2 has to be MUCH better than the first version to compete with the Angel if you ask me.
isnt the angel just brighter sounding than the mojo? this is the first time i read the mojo beeing clinical as it often is said to be "musical" (what ever that means tho). what does "boring" and "lifeless" mean to you in this context?

Apr 25, 2024 at 9:45 AM Post #165 of 167
isnt the angel just brighter sounding than the mojo? this is the first time i read the mojo beeing clinical as it often is said to be "musical" (what ever that means tho). what does "boring" and "lifeless" mean to you in this context?
I think a lot of that comes down to synergy with headphones as well as personal taste. The Mojo gave me listening fatigue and there was no sparkle and dynamics like the TR-Amp has. The Mojo might be more neutral musicality, pace rhythm and timing was not something I would contribute to it the same way as the TR-Amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back