Eargasm Stories
Mar 8, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #64 of 74
Well there was this one time when i listened to "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley.....uhhhh...don't ask.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #65 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Galesden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well there was this one time when i listened to "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley.....uhhhh...don't ask.

Whatever gets you off, man. Respect.

Mar 8, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #66 of 74
my most intense eargasm was my first job doing sound for a rock club. I had just purchased a dbx drive rack (can't remember the model number off the top of my head). and it really made my old JBL SRX's come alive. It was literally the missing piece that took a great room (the room just happend to be a golden ratio rectangle with nearly perfect acoustics for my sound system) and a really good set of speakers and amps and turned it into pure bliss. I think the first CD I happened to play was The Derek Trucks Band - Joyful Noise. I had never heard sound so full, powerful and detailed all at the same time. I've never even come close to that with headphones.

Mar 8, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #67 of 74
Most recent was about a week ago, listening to Liquid Skin (the album, not the song) by Gomez out of my newly burned in HOTUSB1 DAC from hotaudio.com through my Denon AH D1001's. Gomez is a band that really makes amazing headphone albums. Well, they make amazing albums, period, but they REALLY shine on headphones. So many little details with headphones and its such a superbly recorded and mastered album.

Mar 8, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #68 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Galesden /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's actually not a bad song IMO, made it a joy to get rickrolled all those times.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 8, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #69 of 74
Spent the last 2 hours lost in Tori Amos "A Piano". Listening with D7000 and the EARTH in EF1. Started out to verify if piano sounded right in lower register in response to another thread. And piano is sooooo very right!

Mar 8, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #70 of 74
Thanks for the Gillian Welch idea. My friend swears by her, but I never htought I'd like the genre. Now, I'll try.

Mar 8, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #72 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosoupforyou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time OST, FLAC

Brings back so many good many memories. IMO, nostalgia + great quality + great IEMs = eargasm.

haha, that's why I love The Advantage so much. Elf Titled is so much fun.

Mar 25, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #74 of 74
iPod 5.5G HPO -> Shure SE420 -> "It's raining men"
iPod 5.5G LOD -> Mini³ -> Alessandro MS-1 -> "My heart will go on"
iPod 5.5G LOD -> Mini³ -> Alessandro MS-1 -> "Con te partiro"

These are my most noticable eargasms, where an ice cold chill down my spine was so great I got tears in my eyes. Pure happiness!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back