Earbuds in MX580/Pk3 range, but w/ no volume control and a Y-cord?
Apr 20, 2011 at 2:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

VTAb182

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a pair of earbuds (non-isolation) that are in the same range as the Senn MX580's or the Yuin Pk3's, but that don't have an in-line volume control nor a J-cord: just a basic, symmetrical Y-cord. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Apr 20, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #4 of 6
I picked up the PK3s a year ago and they had the Y-cord, I think they switched to the Y-chord a good while ago. They were really nice, warm sounding and detailed, good bass. However, the buds were too large for my ears, and got uncomfortable in extended listening sessions (might not be a problem for you). One side eventually stopped working, I can't remember why though. So I'm actually looking for the exact same type of earbud you are, just an alternative to the PK3 with no volume control.

Apr 20, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #5 of 6
If I remember correctly, the pre-production and maybe very first PK3 models had a J-cord, but it was quickly changed to Y cord. Great earbuds if you like strong mid-centered sound with good bass and surprisingly good details -- but to my ear, the highs are little subdued and rolled off.

Apr 20, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
If I remember correctly, the pre-production and maybe very first PK3 models had a J-cord, but it was quickly changed to Y cord. Great earbuds if you like strong mid-centered sound with good bass and surprisingly good details -- but to my ear, the highs are little subdued and rolled off.

That's good to know, thanks! I'll definitely keep those in mind, but I'll wait to hear about some other options to make a purchase. I'm no audiophile so I'm not jumping at spending $40 for earbuds that I won't use too often (I sound cheap, but still
rolleyes.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back