"Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation & impressions
Apr 7, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #1,534 of 1,906
  Well, this is where it gets a bit tricky. Both myself & Twin think the SW3 is . . . in a word Phenomenal - having many aspects that come very close to $1000+ IEM's
Personally I find the IT03 to be a Very good hybrid monitor, coming in at the top of its class
In terms of preference. The SW3 is warmer, more fun, in some ways less analytical but with an amazing 3D holographic soundstage. The It03 I find to be on the other scale
of this. They are both highly recommended but which you prefer will come down to
a, which type of sound you like
b, buying an older version of the SW3
The tricky thing is that some people here seem to have a later production model of the SW3 which is giving some sibilance issues. Not sure precisely why :frowning2:
Personally I find the SW3 to be an end game iem for me. I have NO burning desire to upgrade from the sound they give. I can appreciate that there are 'better' sounding
items out there but I think way beyond my budget to beat the SW3!
Anyway, to answer your question... No, the it03 does not match the sub bass depth or soundstage of the SW3 BUT this doesn't mean in any way that the IT03 is lacking either!

İ tried burned in Sw3 (undetachable cable version) and i am very suprised with sound character.
I will compare with my Ibasso it03.
Sw3 has brighter trebles which i hate from this iem.
@jonparker
You said sw3 warmer,richer than it03 but that is not true.
İt03 is warmer sound character at every sound freq.May be same at bass as character.
How do u say 'sw3 is warmer'.That is completelty wrong.Sw3 isnt warmer.
Bass:I tested on fiio x3 and all i can say is it03 has more subbass and rumble than sw3.
Soundstage:Sw3 has Bigger Soundstage
Detail:Sw3 has more detail with bright treble.
Mid:İ think it03 has more natural mids than sw3.I like it03 more.

Sum:I could listened 10 minutes because of bright sound character(treble,mid)

Apr 7, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #1,535 of 1,906

Well, this is where it gets a bit tricky. Both myself & Twin think the SW3 is . . . in a word Phenomenal - having many aspects that come very close to $1000+ IEM's
Personally I find the IT03 to be a Very good hybrid monitor, coming in at the top of its class
In terms of preference. The SW3 is warmer, more fun, in some ways less analytical but with an amazing 3D holographic soundstage. The It03 I find to be on the other scale
of this. They are both highly recommended but which you prefer will come down to
a, which type of sound you like
b, buying an older version of the SW3
The tricky thing is that some people here seem to have a later production model of the SW3 which is giving some sibilance issues. Not sure precisely why :frowning2:
Personally I find the SW3 to be an end game iem for me. I have NO burning desire to upgrade from the sound they give. I can appreciate that there are 'better' sounding
items out there but I think way beyond my budget to beat the SW3!
Anyway, to answer your question... No, the it03 does not match the sub bass depth or soundstage of the SW3 BUT this doesn't mean in any way that the IT03 is lacking either!

İ tried burned in Sw3 (undetachable cable version) and i am very suprised with sound character.
I will compare with my Ibasso it03.
Sw3 has brighter trebles which i hate from this iem.
@jonparker
You said sw3 warmer,richer than it03 but that is not true.
İt03 is warmer sound character at every sound freq.May be same at bass as character.
How do u say 'sw3 is warmer'.That is completelty wrong.Sw3 isnt warmer.
Bass:I tested on fiio x3 and all i can say is it03 has more subbass and rumble than sw3.
Soundstage:Sw3 has Bigger Soundstage
Detail:Sw3 has more detail with bright treble.
Mid:İ think it03 has more natural mids than sw3.I like it03 more.

Sum:I could listened 10 minutes because of bright sound character(treble,mid)

As I have also said on multiple occasions and in the post above [which you seem to have ignored]
there seems to be a bad batch or maybe a later batch which is causing the issues you hear [the brighter treble aspect] -
The 1st production are as I and TWIN have described

Also, bear in mind there can be a huge difference in sound from, not only DAP's used but tips and the positioning of the tips in the ears. Get the seal wrong with a tip insertion and you may conclude the earphones have no bass!

Also - I assume you are using exactly the same tips, with exactly the same player and using the same audio to so assuredly dictate you are right and I am wrong.

Kindly be more respectful - what each person hears is what they hear - they are not 'wrong' just because they say something different from you.
If I may remind you, both myself and TWIN have a lot of experience with audio - we are not kiddies who have just upgraded from apple earbuds :)

What would actually be of real benefit would be to send me your SW3's so I can compare them with mine
It would actually be very helpful to be able to put this matter to rest. I would love to A/B one of these treble issue SW3's
confused_face(1).gif

Im sad to hear though that you are not getting the same experience that I have from the SW3's - Who knows, maybe mine are broken and the treble is less as a result but as I say I have never had the remotest treble issue with my own set 

Apr 7, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #1,536 of 1,906
Someone's gonna put this issue to rest somehow and the above is a good way to do it.
Is it QC control issues? Are only a few sibilant? Are there lots more happy campers we don't hear from? We know they're not all sibilant.
The Ear-Kegs could have gone "huge" if not for the issues.

I got probably the first one, with non-detatchable pink copper cable from hck and it was sibilant but got it to 95% less sibilant.
But still sibilant. 

Apr 7, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #1,537 of 1,906
İt is tried on 3 different on daps add used Oriolus tip,Fidue Tips,Sony Hybrid and Comply Foam t400.
There is bright treble at slicon tips that i have tried.
Comply foam doesnt have bright treble.İt is ok for me at treble.

Apr 7, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #1,538 of 1,906
If someone is willing to loan me their pair that isnt sibilant for testing - id be real curious to test out as i have a pair that is.  I do have tinnitus but i have no issue with my Sierra Ascend speakers or any other IEM i own.

Check my sellers profile for any doubts.

Apr 7, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #1,539 of 1,906
  If someone is willing to loan me their pair that isnt sibilant for testing - id be real curious to test out as i have a pair that is.  I do have tinnitus but i have no issue with my Sierra Ascend speakers or any other IEM i own.

Check my sellers profile for any doubts.

I know undetachable version has no sibilance and my friiend boght from this version.
Yes this version has not sibilance problem(That can change as record).But my problem isnt sibilant.
Bright treble is my problem.İt03 has much smoother treble than sw3.
And i tried with warm daps
Fiio x3 1nd,Sansa Clip Rockboxed,

Apr 7, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #1,540 of 1,906
I know undetachable version has no sibilance and my friiend boght from this version.
Yes this version has not sibilance problem(That can change as record).But my problem isnt sibilant.
Bright treble is my problem.İt03 has much smoother treble than sw3.
And i tried with warm daps
Fiio x3 1nd,Sansa Clip Rockboxed,

I appreciate they are bright for you :) I only use the KZ foam tips on them. I haven't used the silicon tips for a looong time. I remember a silicon type of tip
made them a bit too 'shouty' for me...at best !
With all due respect, your DAPs are all quite low powered . . . comparitively speaking. - In terms of synergy I wonder how much if att all this is effecting the sound?
Also, thinking about it, most if not all of my audio is from vinyl or well mastered Hi Res. The difference between having music with actual dynamics - like music does ! compared with overlly compressed modern CD rubbish
As an experiment I just tried them through a 1980's NAD 3020, a desktop amp that can easily drive the AKG 240DF's and to be honest they gave a sound I have never heard before - super warm, huge bass - quite unbalanced. Again though absolutely NO high end issues except, interestingly when I played some CD of Billy holiday - Very warm but the mouth noise and ss's jumped out of the mix - weird!

Im often surprised at how different combinations of tips / player / quality of audio / tip insertion / even mood can make huge differences in various attributes of sound.
It sounds like you have found a superb synergy with the IT03 & your Fiio
Anyway... just thinking out loud

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #1,543 of 1,906
cool.gif
Bright? Yes. Sibilant? No. At least my Pair. I would be extremely surprised if the IT03 has more Sub-Bass. The SWIII has the Deepest extension I have heard yet of any Price Range IEM that I have personally heard. You NEED sufficient POWER or they will sound like Dookie.

JMHO

I like Auvio Wide Bore tips with these.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #1,544 of 1,906
Sw3 is good with foam tips.But ecen if you dont put foam tips on it03,it has smooth treble and warmer sound character.İf ı use foam tips on my it03, ,it will be warmer and smotther treble than sw3.
And my frined tried with shanling m5 and hifiman hm650 and he said it03 has smoother treble.

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #1,545 of 1,906

cool.gif
Bright? Yes. Sibilant? No. At least my Pair. I would be extremely surprised if the IT03 has more Sub-Bass. The SWIII has the Deepest extension I have heard yet of any Price Range IEM that I have personally heard. You NEED sufficient POWER or they will sound like Dookie.

JMHO

I like Auvio Wide Bore tips with these.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Yes treble is too brighnt for my taste on Sw3.Sibilant is another issue but i couldnt tried sw3 more than 15 mins because of bright treble.
ANd yes with fidue tips on it03 has more subbass than sw3.
Additionally even if sw3 has more subbass,you cant hear truly because of Bright trebles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back